1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

"
FranzKafka wrote:
I had a lot of stuff typed here and decided to delete it. I hadn't ment to hi-jack this guide =)

What I want to know is: Do pb and conc effect actually work? And if you're anwser is yes, then how do you know?

I want to know how because I had tested PB on merc oak over about 10 kills iwth and 10 kills without and I noticed no difference in dmg(my dmg is substantial for the record).

And I had tested conc effect and had only noticited the reduction of the radius of the balls not the xx% increased dmg.

It's hard to test, I'm almost 100% sure they both worth with it. You need to tone down the damage to test it properly though!
IGN: Dmillz
"
FranzKafka wrote:
I had a lot of stuff typed here and decided to delete it. I hadn't ment to hi-jack this guide =)

What I want to know is: Do pb and conc effect actually work? And if you're anwser is yes, then how do you know?

I want to know how because I had tested PB on merc oak over about 10 kills iwth and 10 kills without and I noticed no difference in dmg(my dmg is substantial for the record).

And I had tested conc effect and had only noticited the reduction of the radius of the balls not the xx% increased dmg.

There is literally zero precedent for either of them to not work. Following mechanics, the projectiles are AoE damage so they should be affected by conc effect (just like every other AoE damage in the game) and they're also projectile attacks so they should be affected by Point Blank. Lightning Strike is identical mechanically to Molten Strike in almost every way and it was confirmed to scale with Point Blank a long time ago.
Last edited by Fearmonger on May 4, 2014, 1:07:01 AM
"
Ali_B wrote:
Currently using this build at lvl 72, using AoF and LGoH as a support in my tabula. I was just wondering what everybodys thoughts on running doryani's catalyst with AoF is? and also if it is worth it, what would be good to run on the offhand?

Just toying around with it in my spreadsheet it should be incredibly effective. With the passives I have inputted, a max roll Doryani's would do ~17,250 melee DPS. For comparison sake, a 1 exalt physical mace (300 pDPS) was doing about 14.5k with the same passives.

So not sure if it's the highest possible theoretical DPS (you may be able to get a rare with higher) but if it's not it's probably pretty damn close. And the elemental leech is hella nice, obviously.

Between the 1% from the mace and 1% from a Doryani's Invitation you could probably comfortably drop Life Leech for an extra damage support for clearing easier maps.
Last edited by Fearmonger on May 4, 2014, 1:21:53 AM
Anyone tried physical projectile attack damage gem? I don't have the gem so cannot try it. Would be a much better support then Added Fire damage.
"
Rage09 wrote:
Anyone tried physical projectile attack damage gem? I don't have the gem so cannot try it. Would be a much better support then Added Fire damage.

It's a little better for scaling the projectiles, but it doesn't scale the attack so overall not worth it.
I've added LMP, GMP, and Physical Projectile Attack Damage as supported gems to my spreadsheet (hint: I didn't implement them in the first place because they're not very good).

In order to facilitate this I've changed the Projectile Damage display to Projectile DPS, so that you can adequately see how LMP or GMP affects the projecile damage. Note that this DPS calculation assumes all of the projectiles hit, which is not a realistic expectation.
Last edited by Fearmonger on May 4, 2014, 1:49:45 AM
"
Fearmonger wrote:
I've added LMP, GMP, and Physical Projectile Attack Damage as supported gems to my spreadsheet (hint: I didn't implement them in the first place because they're not very good).

In order to facilitate this I've changed the Projectile Damage display to Projectile DPS, so that you can adequately see how LMP or GMP affects the projecile damage. Note that this DPS calculation assumes all of the projectiles hit, which is not a realistic expectation.

I would change it so it shows projectile DPS/projectile. That's what I did with the copy I made of it for myself.
IGN: Dmillz
Yeah but then it doesn't properly convey how GMP and LMP actually effect your damage output, which was the whole reason I made the change.
This is pretty interesting. I have only this one character on Ambush but would love to start a Marauder to see what Molten Strike can do.

I was curious, what about these...

They keep dropping so a 5L one should be pretty cheap

I was curious also about the 3 Dragons hat, maybe that could be utilized somehow with MS?
I wouldn't do it, personally. You couldn't take Avatar of Fire because otherwise the 25% fire to chaos conversion would be a flat 25% damage penalty, and you'd have to build pretty different from the one in the OP if you wanted to take advantage of the global critical strike increase. And Blood Magic gem wouldn't really be viable (you'd just have to keep Blood Magic) because running anything more than 1 aura would put you on low mana and trigger the damage taken effect, so you'd lose a lot of survivability too.

Three Dragons + Static Blows is definitely a viable (if not potentially ridiculously strong) MS build but the biggest issue you'll run into is figuring out how to get both Static Blows and Point Blank since they're on total opposite sides of the tree. It is achievable but you have to plan carefully and it would take several levels before you'd reach the point where you could have both nodes.
Last edited by Fearmonger on May 4, 2014, 3:17:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info