1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

Mohr87
"
Below is a link of my skill tree and I need help.
I dont see anything wrong with your skill tree. Just try to come close to capping your block it should be fine (70 or so is a good no). I wouldnt worry much about a koams primacy there only worth about 4c or so.
Moneyed that looks like like a pretty sweet weapon, your only issue in what you miss will probably be leech. Personally i wouldnt grab aof without a doryanis, you can keep some phys leech on gear, gloves. A friend bought a soul taker even with the free gem slot it doesnt seem to perform much better then the doryanis. Of course if you can get a legacy soul taker well...
Yeah, dori is very hard to beat. Haven't checked recent prices but back when it was about 3 to 5 ex, it would take a serious investment to beat it.
been getting some PMs regarding pure Melee Phys. Damage nodes vs Weapon damage nodes and why we are ignoring the MPD nodes.

Here is a post by Mark stating that any damage node that is not directed towards weapons will not benefit the projectile and thus is not worth taking.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/44557/page/1#p586320

Hope this clarifies the situation for everyone.

-also cleaned up the guide a little bit.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Oct 16, 2014, 11:47:45 AM
Hey there, two questions concerning avatar of fire, since i'm not sure if i should take it:

The life leech from carnage heart doesn't work, since you are not dealing any physical damage or am i wrong about that?

and why is avatar of fire even such a good idea? do you get such a big dmg boost because of increased elemental damage?

thanks alot for the build, i have alot of fun playing it :D
Great guide, thank you ver ymuch! Now, before I start this build I have one question: is using only one version of Molten Strike (the 5L from the opening post) really enough AoE to clear content effectively?
ign: PhrozenFlame
Just entered lvl 89 and have a few pairs of Apex bits saved in Rampage so I have some questions.

I decided to go balls out and not use blood magic (i HATE HATE HATE it). Instead, my build boils down to a ton of mana leech and clarity on life. At this point, being a mara I am dumb as hell so I cannot really remove my amulet to get some desired spell block; cannot remove my boots either as I value life more than the spell block with Rainbowstrides.

I want to try out Atziri MINUS spell block; is this going to be viable for me? I can do every other boss in the game atm, but haven't tried Atziri fight out.

Stats:
5K health after clarity
68 Block
Enemies cannot leech life
Cannot be stunned
Hits cannot be evaded
14K armour (IR)
6 phys leech
2 elemental leech
6 mana leech

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree:
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Last edited by KonaLuvsPOE on Oct 22, 2014, 6:33:12 PM
Iswirl you would have 2 options one use a safellis frame the + 4 max lightning and fire resist is pretty useful, otherwise go for it good to have a backup player though in case you cant finish it and dont want to waste the map and loot. (i have a lvl 88 incinerator on standard which u can call on to finish you can take the loot since its your map) You will have to outrun or leapslam nearly every spell, def possible but the builds that tend to do that are ranged. (Always good to do an atziri run just after you level since its easy to die and exp takes a long time to get.) Good luck
saffels; yes yes. Good idea; im at 50 percent of 89- will prolly try to take her down at 90; get a fire and light flask too; thanks, mate
POE is life. POE is ♥.
"
Kampfsemmel wrote:
Hey there, two questions concerning avatar of fire, since i'm not sure if i should take it:

The life leech from carnage heart doesn't work, since you are not dealing any physical damage or am i wrong about that?

and why is avatar of fire even such a good idea? do you get such a big dmg boost because of increased elemental damage?

thanks alot for the build, i have alot of fun playing it :D

Carnage heart is worthless with AoF

We take AoF because it scales better with WED as well as benefits a lot from doryi belt and doryi invitation. Essentially double dipping the dps boosts. Once for the main hit and again for the projectiles.

Only take AoF once your gear permits. Most of the time people are taking it way to early. It is an end game change.
"
cocomoloco wrote:
Great guide, thank you ver ymuch! Now, before I start this build I have one question: is using only one version of Molten Strike (the 5L from the opening post) really enough AoE to clear content effectively?

It was for me. Results may vary of course depending if the rest of your gear is lacking going into higher maps.

HoA its a great addition over hatred for more aoe clear speed
Last edited by Kartikdon on Oct 23, 2014, 6:49:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info