1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

how do you get that much armor and ES fhark?
my item right now is Hrimnor Resolve , Lightning Coil, Aurseize, and str boots. While grace aura is up the most i can get is 6k armor and that is when i used a 600 armor shield. With aegis and rainbow strider i think i will only get to 4k armor and 200 ES making the ES part of the shield seems negligible for that much investment. I also dont think i will be using grace except on a vulnerability maps because i can tank everything with 72% block. I also got some trouble with my hp which is only 4k Hp at lvl 84. Luckily the block chance make me survive against mobs but i have some trouble especially on graveyard maps with merveil boss, and on the katarina boss with the lightning one.

Can you suggest on what should i do now? And what is the minimum req on killing the atziri in term of fire res, dps, and hp. Thanks

Last edited by seeallover on Sep 24, 2014, 4:57:42 AM
My bad its 10080 or so, must have taken the number when I had a high evasion shield. My es is 480, 540 if I use hybrid armour es gloves. Heres my passive tree I dont know why the es multiplies as high as it does. My gear
Spoiler
nothing to special spent about 5ex on the belt and rings, 10ex on the chest, the aegis was dear as its close to a perfect roll (7ex). I want to craft my own gloves hopefully adding the int and dex requirements then I can add 66% to armour on chest. A lot of bosses are harder in 1.2 ive died about 6 times. I would drop auerseize there good gloves but you dont want another unique without life. Also i run life leech as my 6th gem my ttdps is about 11000. For atziri I would recommend purity of fire at lvl 20 the other stats perhaps close to mine, I dont know what to say since i run auras and most people arent gonna use alphas howl. For pretty much every player i would recommend 2 points towards soverignty allowing 2 60% auras and ts or herald of ash. Everything else of blood magic and cwdt. I would also look out for a good armour life helmet (perhaps es), not to hard to find.
Spoiler
something like this should only be a chaos. Btw Merviel has got very hard I partied with a lvl 94 maruader who died to her a week or 2 ago in metropolis.
Last edited by Fhark on Sep 25, 2014, 3:39:07 AM
Hi there guys!

Once again I need some word of advice. I appreciate any advice with some reasoning why (not) to do so.

I am playing this build with AoF and one handed weapon + shield.
My block chance is 74%. I currently have 5300 HP. I am running 4 auras - grace, haste, herald of ash, tempest shield (so yea I do have alpha howl, cannot be frozen is just awesome).

Now to the questions...

1) Stone of Lazhwar & spell blocking
Spoiler

I have this one, the question is, should I use it all? I have no other spell block conversion apart from this amulet. That means I have 37% spell block from this amulet. Is it worth keeping it or should I get some other amulet with health and dmg stats instead and dump spell block totally?

I found I like spell block but I cannot really get any higher. Getting more spell block would mean replacing boots (for Rainbowstride) and loosing another health which I cannot afford(or I believe so).

Note: Do not mind the corruption on it, I actually have two amulets, one with additional curse, the other with fire leech. That is a part of my second question :P

2) Belt and fire leechi
So you need those 2% leech to sustain. That means I want to have Doryani Catalyst (mace) and some other leech. I have the mace but what next? I have two options - Doryani Invivation and fire leech amulet (via corruption). Please see the spoiler below.
Spoiler

NOTE: those 2 amulets are different :-P

Picking the belt means losing health and damage because I can have rustic sash with weapon ele dmg and health instead but it would give me the leech and I could use necklace with additional curse (probably would use flammability).
The health difference is about 200 health (or slightly less) and dmg is about the same (my tooltip is about 9k now).

What do you think? Which combination would you pick? Or would you toss away the Stone of Lazhwar and get some other with dmg + use Doryani Invitation?
Hope the post wasnt way too long ;-)
Any advices welcomed.
Siliarus your stats are looking pretty good, i would probably use the fire leech myself with invitation belt and doryani's you will have 3% leech the more the better really. Though you could run warlords mark providing leech + flammability maybe use curse on hit and arc if you have a 4l free. If you want more spell block theres 2 options, rathpith shield or rainbowstrides. For the big spell bosses you will want a safellis frame (with 68 block I get 75 spell block) since the +4 to resists is hard to beat. Some people swap amulets depending on circumstance, eg +4 block (dear probably about 9ex), + 1 curse or +1 fire leech. Btw has anyone grabbed the increased life leech necklace that vorici has. I got one with 37% increased life leech rate hasnt rolled 2 well with the other stats as i augmented regaled it. If you see one buy it there only a chaos, that stat could be the key to many sustainable builds with life leech.
Last edited by Fhark on Sep 26, 2014, 3:04:37 PM
I just got unbelievably lucky and picked up a mjolner. Does it have any place in this build? I'm playing on beyond and ripping with a 30+ ex item would be heartbreaking, so I don't think I can justify it.
guys, why are you using Hatred ? the google sheet "molten strike dps" show that Anger adds more dps.
so why hatred and not anger ?

and correct me if i am wrong but support gem for better dps of balls should be :
Molten Strike>Multistrike>Conc Effect>Weapon Ele Damage>Fire Penetration
How would this work with:
"
so why hatred and not anger ?
I personally use anger but hatred + pyre ring (100% conversion of cold to fire) will provide more dps, it will also allow you to scale higher as hatred is a % of phys damage. Concentrated effect is very good, according to arnsenaldo who did a bunch of dom runs with a 6l tabula its = to added fire. Some people use faster attacks because it helps you get out of the multistrike animation faster. I would personally prefer all red because you can swap gems with life leech if its a high reflect map.

Sparowes if you have an atziris disfavour congratulations. This is a tree that I came up with
Its an aura build using alphas howl you can run hatred, anger and grace to boost armour. If you dont want to use alphas howl, you could run grace and hatred or anger and herald of ash + ele proliferation + increased burning damage. Im running it myself using a 6l, im up to 12500 dps at 73 with a 400 dps axe and my tree is highly unoptimized since im respeccing from a failed experimental build.
This necklace + a 20q life leech gem (20% increased life leech rate) will push your leech rate per second to 30% of health from 20%.
Last edited by Fhark on Sep 26, 2014, 3:57:51 PM
Question for all of you Molten Strike experts, it's been bugging me for a while and I haven't seen it answered in the thread.

The wiki page says that the melee portion of the attack uses

Fire, Attack, and Melee.

while the projectile attack uses Fire, Attack, Projectile and AOE.

So if you were to be looking to maximize the projectile part of the ability what is the difference between Attack and Melee?

Or, what scales the Attack portion of the ability?

Fire and Attack double dips both parts but Melee only affects the hit.

The wiki lists Molten Strike as a Strength Attack, how do you bolster Attack with Passives?

It's a very odd skill because, arguably, the most damaging part of the skill is not reflected in the tooltip. Only the melee hit.
Last edited by RockGod on Sep 26, 2014, 3:58:06 PM
Can someone rate my Molten Strike build. I've modified it from the original build in the post

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_8wbBBOOfoLRr2ScvFPbvDoY7NI7_0wHnpzA26BQgns1kozpSUEfSIRpVaf4yfhiRVw04U3nAYSE7O8zb2WGRziKvBjmE73dTi08ZLnbn7tl07ZuDg7En7dwdeu9T32CRrKr8S2BLrK9yqVnzbBYFLXzZwBqHGUCgkFVmniFgp4T60q-NdPEaOBcvfuI26Rjb7Dhk54BWJKrjahR1W69X4lXWT30Wb1b6pMJOKnflMomApFFgY6cppQSz3UYUTRGBogA=

It will be using Doryanis catalyst with doryanias belt, BoR and Aegis Aurora

The plan is to use Herald of Ash, Grace and a level 21 Purity of Fire+Anger or Hatred depending on Atziri.

I've put the exact amount of block at 26% so I will be block capped. I have a 30 int stone of lazwhar that I'm going to use with a 30 int ring so I can have exactly 94 int to run rainbowstrides. Any inefficiencies?
Last edited by Huntrosity on Sep 26, 2014, 4:44:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info