[1.1.5] Kenzorz Crit Glacial Cascade Witch (updated for 1.3.0)

"
kareNZa wrote:
Thanks for the update - one thing I've noticed is that mana is a HUGE problem so I'm having to run mana leech as well as life gain on hit on my glacial cascade combo - am I doing something wrong?? Reached level 75 & haven't gone EB as yet - but will get there by level 80 - love the build though

Life gain on hit with a spell ?

Try running EB (and discipline as an aura may help raising your max mana, increasing the regen). Also, having ~50% mana regen on your gear (amulet, rings, whatever) helps a lot. Your target should be 270/300 mana regen per second while using spell echo.
To learn is to live...
"
kareNZa wrote:
Thanks for the update - one thing I've noticed is that mana is a HUGE problem so I'm having to run mana leech as well as life gain on hit on my glacial cascade combo - am I doing something wrong?? Reached level 75 & haven't gone EB as yet - but will get there by level 80 - love the build though

Ah and I didn't notice you saying you used Life Gain on Hit at first but like Stakhanov was implying, Life Gain on Hit does not work on spells.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Jul 9, 2014, 7:14:45 AM
Sorry for the noob's question but, "discipline + clarity + reduced mana + eldritch battery" is the more efficient combo for supporting mana pool/regen?
"
Sorry for the noob's question but, "discipline + clarity + reduced mana + eldritch battery" is the more efficient combo for supporting mana pool/regen?

Definitely.
Your "base" mana regen is calculated off your maximun mana (1.75%).
10 Int gives 5 mana.
10 Int also gives 2% increased ES.

Using Eldritch battery while wearing ES gear (either pure or hybrid) means that said ES is increased by your int, es nodes and mana nodes.
I for instance, am currently running with ~4700 mana and ~330 mana/second, with only 170% mana regen total (gear + tree).
To learn is to live...
Wondering on thoughts about Stone of Lazhwar necklace. Has some decent stats for this build I think, but the real question to me is is the 13-14% spell block + cast speed worth some offensive stats and life / regen you can get on a quality rare?

I've been using it since I found it early on, but I'm unsure if I should be shopping for something else as I prepare for maps.
Hey, been loving this build so far (lvl 83) so I wanted to say great job and thanks for the guide. Will you be updating the skill tree when the new patch comes out?
"
Gobuu wrote:
Hey, been loving this build so far (lvl 83) so I wanted to say great job and thanks for the guide. Will you be updating the skill tree when the new patch comes out?

Yep.

"
Passive Tree at Lvl 89 for 1.2.0 patch
There's probably better Glacial Cascade trees out there since I'm just trying to make it as close as possible to my old tree because I won't be experimenting with this build any further as I'm rolling something else in the new league :)

1.2.0. stat change screenshot:

Lost some life, gained a lot of DPS, and I can sustain Arctic Armour permanently while casting. Also Glacial Cascade got a slight AoE buff in this patch, it's wider now :)
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Aug 20, 2014, 8:52:40 PM
Hai, I definitely want to try out this build but before I mess up my tree, I wanted to ask something. I've been told casting speed is not important for ice builds (because apparently the freeze duration depends on the damage dealt per hit, therefore high damage > speed) but you've stacked a lot of it and claim it's very important. *much confusion* Someone care to elaborate? ;_;

Other than that, I should make sure I have high crit rate/multiplier, elemental damage and not cold due to GC's physical damage, and AoE radius increases as well, I suppose?

On a side note, would a Scion be a good choice for this build? :|
Why skill point over 4% cast speed for bandit quest?
Build guide compilation: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2869658
Ritual, Harvest, Delirium, Metamorph, Legion, Betrayal, Abyss 40/40
Breach: 36/40 D:
Hi, I like your build! I would like to try it in the Rampage League.

For leveling passive tree how should I proceed?
IGN: iSteven_K

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info