[1.1.5] Kenzorz Crit Glacial Cascade Witch (updated for 1.3.0)

"
valy25031 wrote:
Hello, I was wandering would be a good move to put a Legacy Saffel's Frame as shield or a normal Spell damage shield? When the league ends and i move to standard i will have Carcass Jack and Saffel's Frame.

My Curent Gear at level 68.
Spoiler

Your shield needs spell damage and spell critical strike chance.

Saffel's Frame is a good shield but your block chance only applies to spells, so you lose damage mitigation against non-spells.

I think your current shield is fine for now until you can get a better spell damage shield.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Jun 25, 2014, 6:00:41 PM
I Noticed a lot of your gear isn't verified anymore, did you quit this build for any particular reason?
"
I Noticed a lot of your gear isn't verified anymore, did you quit this build for any particular reason?

I still have my gear. I quit this build though since it feels mostly complete already and I just haven't been playing PoE in general for a while.
So, with the new spell echo gem. Are you planning on using it and which gem would you drop?

It feels like to me added chaos dmg seems to be the best option to drop in a 5L.

And would you change the build a bit for this gem, like removing some cast nodes and go for other nodes?
fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
Last edited by Majad on Jul 3, 2014, 6:11:16 AM
"
Majad wrote:
So, with the new spell echo gem. Are you planning on using it and which gem would you drop?

It feels like to me added chaos dmg seems to be the best option to drop in a 5L.

And would you change the build a bit for this gem, like removing some cast nodes and go for other nodes?

I've tried Spell Echo on my build and it seems to work best dropping Faster Casting. Added Chaos Damage is still one of the biggest DPS increases a spell can get.

Added this DPS screenshot to screenshot section:
Normal DPS

(Using a lvl 6 Spell Echo)

I assume the DPS would be around 18k if I had a Lvl 20 one, since I get about +100 tooltip DPS per Spell Echo level from what I've observed anyway.

I don't really plan on playing until next leagues so I can't really say how altering my passive tree to have less casting speed would work. I still think casting speed is OK even with Spell Echo though considering that Spell Echo actually gives More Casting Speed instead of Increased, meaning all your casting speed gets scaled.

Also having cast speed from passives helps Lightning Warp and the spell totem, if you plan on using them.
Last edited by Kenzorz on Jul 3, 2014, 7:11:35 AM
Well, right now I'm suing Glacial, Added Lightning Damage, Added Chaos Dmg (which I changed to Spell Echo) and concentrated effect. I'm not using the fast casting gem nor do I have a 6L.

So I really don't know atm if I should keep Spell Echo or Added Chaos dmg.
"
Majad wrote:
Well, right now I'm suing Glacial, Added Lightning Damage, Added Chaos Dmg (which I changed to Spell Echo) and concentrated effect. I'm not using the fast casting gem nor do I have a 6L.

So I really don't know atm if I should keep Spell Echo or Added Chaos dmg.

Simple answer is drop added lightning damage, keep added chaos and use spell echo.
"
Xuvali wrote:
Simple answer is drop added lightning damage, keep added chaos and use spell echo.

But dropping added lightning damage means you won't shock enemies anymore. One spell crit gives at least two shocks and that's like 66% increase in damage.
"
Majad wrote:
"
Xuvali wrote:

But dropping added lightning damage means you won't shock enemies anymore. One spell crit gives at least two shocks and that's like 66% increase in damage.

Lightning damage is unreliable so theoretically even if you crit, you might hit the low end of the lightning damage which is why I prefer Added Chaos Damage over it as it's consistently high damage.

Shock from Added Lightning Damage crits is very nice but there are other supports that get even higher priority, like Spell Echo and Added Chaos.
Last edited by Kenzorz on Jul 3, 2014, 11:01:46 AM
Alright. Thanks you both. Things make more sense now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info