[1.1.5] Kenzorz Crit Glacial Cascade Witch (updated for 1.3.0)

"
Smodab wrote:
Ran into my first Echo Shrine with GC.

Really wish this was a skill gem, multistrike for spells...

It also works on moltenshell, apparently.

Edit: I just tried out your suggestion of lightning warp + ele prolif for shocking mobs, I think it's my favorite part of the build now!

I have lw+molten shell+LL+ele prolif linked in my gloves, the combo seems really cost effective on gem slots used. The increased AOE from divinarus and carcass makes AOE skills sorta silly.

New gears
Spoiler

I made another video, clear speed is alot better now that I took some damage and cast speed nodes like you suggest. Also, carcass helps A LOT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4LgM-Lk7Iw

You should try Reduced Duration + Faster Casting on Lightning Warp, it makes things really fun. Unless you don't have any sockets left for your Molten Shell?
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"
Kenzorz wrote:

You should try Reduced Duration + Faster Casting on Lightning Warp, it makes things really fun. Unless you don't have any sockets left for your Molten Shell?

Yea, running out of sockets. Two CwDT setups eats up 8 sockets.

All my links
Spoiler

I found that the time to lightning warp 1/2 a screen is about the same as molten shell cast speed. So I can initiate LW, cast MS, and land with it on, so it works ok timing wise.

Last edited by Smodab on Jun 16, 2014, 10:39:47 AM
Do you think you could make a self cast arc out of this with similar gem set up if you take out the area nodes and spec'd into lightning damage passives - keeping the same crit nodes and life nodes? Or does arc require an entirely different path and millions of currencies to make viable?
"
Saf3tyhazard wrote:
Do you think you could make a self cast arc out of this with similar gem set up if you take out the area nodes and spec'd into lightning damage passives - keeping the same crit nodes and life nodes? Or does arc require an entirely different path and millions of currencies to make viable?

Yes, my build without the AoE nodes is actually a common base build for crit builds, so if you want to go crit Arc your build would probably end up similar to mine.
Sorry if this has been answered already but how much mp5 do you have?

I'm currently sitting on 80.9 and have 782/1021 max mana, reversed with clarity only since discipline still doesn't benefit give more than it reserves, and I'm having a bit of issues with mana with only a 4L. Once I go to 5L, I have no idea how I'm going to sustain my mana with just one mana flask on those bosses that take a while to kill and I don't feel like going for a hybrid flask but right now, it doesn't hurt if I do. I'm also going for the three aura nodes near the CI keynode. Was planning on going for the other aura nodes at the top, near the templar tree but it takes too many nodes, imo.

So, wondering how much mp5 you have and you the hell you managed to have so much to the point of not needing a mana flask.

I can post my gear if you want.

fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
"
Majad wrote:
Sorry if this has been answered already but how much mp5 do you have?

I'm currently sitting on 80.9 and have 782/1021 max mana, reversed with clarity only since discipline still doesn't benefit give more than it reserves, and I'm having a bit of issues with mana with only a 4L. Once I go to 5L, I have no idea how I'm going to sustain my mana with just one mana flask on those bosses that take a while to kill and I don't feel like going for a hybrid flask but right now, it doesn't hurt if I do. I'm also going for the three aura nodes near the CI keynode. Was planning on going for the other aura nodes at the top, near the templar tree but it takes too many nodes, imo.

So, wondering how much mp5 you have and you the hell you managed to have so much to the point of not needing a mana flask.

I can post my gear if you want.

226 mana/sec according to my defense tab screenshot on first post.

It's important to have mana regen on your rings/amulet if possible as well as your shield, if possible. Also mana regen from the passive tree makes a huge difference for each node you take.

What level are you? I'm assuming you're not very high yet since your mana is only 1k, if you're not very high level yet just stick with using a 4L until you're higher, it's perfectly normal for builds to not be able to sustain the mana cost of a 5L skill early on.

What's your mana and mana regen with Discipline?
Oh. I didn't see you had SS, sorry about that.

Here's my current gear btw:
Spoiler

Level 59 atm. Tree build:

657/1585 mana, reserved with Disciple and Clarity, and 112.2 mrp5.

I also had no idea that extra mana from Discipline increased your mrp5 lol... Had 91.6 and now 112.2. While not exactly a big improvement, it's still high.

Oh, yeah, I'm shadow and not a witch lol. I know... I just don't like the aesthetic of the witch and I prefer the shadow's a lot more, so eh... :P

And because of that, this is what I was planning on my build looking like, assuming I reach level 89 as you have:
Last edited by Majad on Jun 24, 2014, 2:16:59 PM
"
Majad wrote:
Oh. I didn't see you had SS, sorry about that.

Here's my current gear btw:
Spoiler

Level 59 atm. Tree build:

657/1585 mana, reserved with Disciple and Clarity, and 112.2 mrp5.

I also had no idea that extra mana from Discipline increased your mrp5 lol... Had 91.6 and now 112.2. While not exactly a big improvement, it's still high.

Oh, yeah, I'm shadow and not a witch lol. I know... I just don't like the aesthetic of the witch and I prefer the shadow's a lot more, so eh... :P

And because of that, this is what I was planning on my build looking like, assuming I reach level 89 as you have:

Yep maximum mana contributes a little to the way mana regen/sec is calculated.

For your gear, firstly I would try to upgrade that chest into a pure ES chest or Carcass Jack if you can afford it since your current chest really isn't providing you with much of anything at all besides those resists.

When possible, try find rings with high mana regen. Priortise capping your resists before that though.

Tbh I think your mana regen should be fine now that you're using Discipline though?
Last edited by Kenzorz on Jun 24, 2014, 3:04:43 PM
Yeah, I know the chest is shit but it's all I had before taking out tabula rasa. I'll try looking for a pure ES chest though, since I don't have the currency even for a 0L Carcass Jack. :P I do have one in Ambush but it's still a while before the league finishes...

As for resistances, I'm capped.

And yeah, my mana regen is pretty fine now. Currently running these flasks:
Spoiler

No idea if I should change one Sacred to a Hallowed though but I probably will. Not really sure atm, but both of them seem fine atm.
Hello, I was wandering would be a good move to put a Legacy Saffel's Frame as shield or a normal Spell damage shield? When the league ends and i move to standard i will have Carcass Jack and Saffel's Frame.

My Curent Gear at level 68.
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info