[1.1.5] Kenzorz Crit Glacial Cascade Witch (updated for 1.3.0)

"
danymange wrote:
hey,
Made similar build but CI version. I was wondering why you get the ele dmg nodes near the templar start. Shouldn't you just get the Increased Area of Affect of skills to get to the 40 % mana regen? Because ele dmg works just like cold dmg, heart of ice or frost walker, so why get those if you dont get the others?
Thank you

Ele damage also increases my lightning damage too and honestly if I don't take the small ele nodes while still taking the 40% mana regen I only save 1 point. Yes there is no harm in not taking the 2 small ele nodes TBH but the 40% mana regen is quite important.

"
Tubbehhh wrote:
Do increased critical strike chance nodes in the skill tree such as bloodthrister work with spells?

Yes

"
Hi

How would you go about spec'ing a scion build? Skilltree wise.

As I've been looking for a glacial cascade build for a scion, but can't find one and I've messed my tree up bigtime. So if I respec I don't want to waste any points unnecessarily.

Thanks for your help in advance.

I honestly don't really like the Scion for spellcasting (for reasons oggimog said) but here's a similar tree to mine.
109 points

"
oggimog wrote:
Very nice build, I have a similar Witch at level 70, but I don't come close to you'r dps.

A few things:
Did you try faster casting? Was thinking about that.
I'm running a spell totem + arc + blind to get some pre-shocked monsters for added lightning. Not shure
if it's really worth, but for now it works good.
I'm thinking about taking the 3 aura nodes at the shadow tree and run an additional purity of ice against reflect pacs in the future.

Thanks alot for the Build. If I'm definitely going to try added chaos.

Faster Casting gives about as much DPS as my other supports, except I prefer the other supports because:
Concentrated Effect: means more overall damage.
Added Chaos Damage: Big DPS but doesn't get reflected.
Added Lightning Damage: can shock stack things for more potential DPS than what the sheet says.

If you're going to run Arc totem you should put Elemental Proliferation on it.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on May 2, 2014, 2:14:02 PM
Just want to ask why didn't you get increase cold damage or freeze nodes? Trying out this build and wanted to do more on it. Maybe get a ice spear + FP + GMP + spell totem or what so the range of it can be utilized. Or maybe get artic breath on the spell totem or make it CoC type? With gc + CoC?
"
jazcruzer wrote:
Just want to ask why didn't you get increase cold damage or freeze nodes? Trying out this build and wanted to do more on it. Maybe get a ice spear + FP + GMP + spell totem or what so the range of it can be utilized. Or maybe get artic breath on the spell totem or make it CoC type? With gc + CoC?

Cold damage nodes aren't very helpful since Glacial Cascade is 1/3 physical so that part isn't getting scaled, and I also use Added Chaos Damage which also doesn't get scaled by cold damage. Spell Damage, Crit and Cast Speed scale every part of the skill though.

Freeze duration nodes aren't really necessary since my crit chance is pretty high enough to consistently freeze, they also require quite a few points just to reach.

? You can't put two spells on the same spell totem.

Arctic breath totem is an option, I used to use it as the slow is very helpful but I find a Glacial Cascade totem does more damage, covers more area, casts faster and has a higher crit chance to more consistently freeze.

Don't even suggest CoC, this is a self cast build. If you want CoC go find a random generic CoC guide and just plug the skill in there.
Last edited by Kenzorz on May 7, 2014, 3:14:41 AM
"
Cold damage nodes aren't very helpful since Glacial Cascade is 1/3 physical so that part isn't getting scaled, and I also use Added Chaos Damage which also doesn't get scaled by cold damage. Spell Damage, Crit and Cast Speed scale every part of the skill though.

Freeze duration nodes aren't really necessary since my crit chance is pretty high enough to consistently freeze, they also require quite a few points just to reach.

Arctic breath totem is an option, I used to use it as the slow is very helpful but I find a Glacial Cascade totem does more damage, covers more area, casts faster and has a higher crit chance to more consistently freeze.

Don't even suggest CoC, this is a self cast build. If you want CoC go find a random generic CoC guide and just plug the skill in there.

Okay okay. Thanks for the info. What do you suggest for a long range skill? Since Glacial Cascade with Concentrated Effect has small aoe. Another question, I thinking of using ice spear + gmp + FP for a long range skill while they're not coming my way yet.

Also thinking of having ice nova for my cwdt(really utilizing the icy build)? Or it makes me more squishy?

Purity of Ice later too?

Thanks from garena server btw
Nice build, I was working towards a perma-freeze build. I like what you have done and need some help getting passed this level 67 roadblock.

Note I went ES and will re-spec into CI soon.

Level 67 Skill Tree:

Skill Tree Future path:

Gear:
Spoiler

The other ring is missing, but I normally have the resistances I am currently lacking on that ring.

Skill Links:
Spoiler

Spell Totem + Ice Nova + Increased AOE + Elemental Proliferation + Conc Effect (Rime Gaze) (Drop at range to freeze everything.)

Glacial Cascade + Knockback + Increased AOE + Conc Effect = Faster Casting/Add lightning or Chaos damage

Clarity + Discipline + Reduced Mana

Any advice would be appreciated.

I agree with you completely, GC needs more love from the community.
Last edited by grimjacked on May 7, 2014, 12:20:23 PM
"
Hi

How would you go about spec'ing a scion build? Skilltree wise.

As I've been looking for a glacial cascade build for a scion, but can't find one and I've messed my tree up bigtime. So if I respec I don't want to waste any points unnecessarily.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Easiest path to take is either shadow or witch for the early high spell damage nodes then head down to the scion area.

Looking at it, I think it could be done if you hit the spell damage nodes to the right then take the highway up between the shadow and witch. For diversity, you would be able to go either ES or Life at that point. Hmm interesting concept. I will play with it in invasion tonight and let you know.
"
jazcruzer wrote:
"

Okay okay. Thanks for the info. What do you suggest for a long range skill? Since Glacial Cascade with Concentrated Effect has small aoe. Another question, I thinking of using ice spear + gmp + FP for a long range skill while they're not coming my way yet.

Also thinking of having ice nova for my cwdt(really utilizing the icy build)? Or it makes me more squishy?

Purity of Ice later too?

Thanks from garena server btw

Use Increased Area with Concentrated Effect to make Glacial Cascade have more range.

I'm not sure why you want to link Ice Spear + GMP + FP together, you can't use two skills at once if that's what you're trying to do. Ice Spear does have good range but the damage is pretty poor.

CwDT has a less damage modifier, your Ice Nova is going to do no damage if your CwDT is low level. If your CwDT is high level your Ice Nova is simply going to proc very infrequently which is pointless. It's a pointless idea don't bother with it.

"
grimjacked wrote:
Nice build, I was working towards a perma-freeze build. I like what you have done and need some help getting passed this level 67 roadblock.

Note I went ES and will re-spec into CI soon.

Level 67 Skill Tree:

Skill Tree Future path:

Gear:
Spoiler

The other ring is missing, but I normally have the resistances I am currently lacking on that ring.

Skill Links:
Spoiler

Spell Totem + Ice Nova + Increased AOE + Elemental Proliferation + Conc Effect (Rime Gaze) (Drop at range to freeze everything.)

Glacial Cascade + Knockback + Increased AOE + Conc Effect = Faster Casting/Add lightning or Chaos damage

Clarity + Discipline + Reduced Mana

Any advice would be appreciated.

I agree with you completely, GC needs more love from the community.

1. Your tree: Breath of Rime is useless, you travel all the way to the left of the tree simply to get those shield nodes, yet you ignore the block nodes that are right next to the Evasion and Energy Shield nodes, overall the tree is extremely inefficient. I don't mean to sound harsh but if your tree has ended up like your "future path" then you really need to reroll.

2. Replace Knockback with life leech, it adds a lot of survivability and knockback in general is just a noob trap even for this skill.
Last edited by Kenzorz on May 9, 2014, 10:17:32 AM
"
Kenzorz wrote:

I'm not sure why you want to link Ice Spear + GMP + FP together, you can't use two skills at once if that's what you're trying to do. Ice Spear does have good range but the damage is pretty poor.

He's using Faster Projectiles in the totem, not Freezing Pulse.

I've been leveling a Glacial Cascade gem & waiting to try a build like this. Hope to pick up some decent gear and see how good/bad this turns out. I like the idea of freezing everything in my path. Thanks for the build.
yes, that's faster projectiles. I'm really having mana issues right now. I got all the mana regen nodes from your tree yet still having trouble.
Oh right Faster Projectiles lol, not really needed IMO since Ice Spear already travels pretty far, use that socket for something else like Cold Penetration or Elemenetal Proliferation.

"
jazcruzer wrote:
yes, that's faster projectiles. I'm really having mana issues right now. I got all the mana regen nodes from your tree yet still having trouble.

Do you have mana regen on your rings/amulet? Are you using Clarity and Discipline? I've honestly never had mana problems with this skill before besides when I'm running around with a high level Arctic Armour instead of turning it off when it's not needed/lightning warping to move.
Last edited by Kenzorz on May 10, 2014, 6:30:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info