[1.1.5] Kenzorz Crit Glacial Cascade Witch (updated for 1.3.0)

"
Asqures wrote:
Oh, one more thing. Seeing as "shocked" does not stack anymore, are the listed support gems for Lightning Warp still viable?

Yes, but the Lightning Warp portion of my build is optional anyway?
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAnEC4wQHBLMFQgVbBx4HpQj0DkgRlhRNFecWbxa_Fy8aOBpsHwIkqiaVKU8qCyycLR8vbzbFNuk6WDwFPV9BlkV8RtdJUUmyTLNQQlJTVUtVxlXWXcZd8l8qYeJknWTnakNtGXBScLtw1XOzf8aApIIQgh6DOIPbidOLjIw2jmSP-pBVlSCVLpeVl5eX9J2un9-iAKIuoqOnCKeErrO1BLb6uZPAVMHzwwnQ9dgk2RPbC9-K37Dhc-Nq5CLr5Ov17BjsOO0g73zwH_Br8NXyHfPq96b60g==

What would you think about dropping the 3x 10% spell damage nodes and the Nimbleness cluster in favor of taking some reduced mana/increased aura effect? I was thinking of throwing Haste in, though I haven't tried Hatred personally.
Haste is a 60% aura, so you will need to drop Herald of ice and take an alpha howl, or just drop Discipline.

Use this for mana reservation :

Here is my stuff, I need to change jewelry and shield, and get a Carcass Jack.

Spoiler

I dropped Discipline for Hatred, I move almost only with LW, and Echo halves the mana used to spam GC.
@Akalamiammiam

I see, thanks, that's a really useful tool.

Spoiler
http://poe.mikelat.com/#auras=1&name%5B1%5D=Aura+Group+1&cla%5B1%5D=18&dis%5B1%5D=1&has%5B1%5D=1&hoi%5B1%5D=1&bmg%5B1%5D=&rmg%5B1%5D=18&mul%5B1%5D=100&rms=20&alp=1&life=1000&mana=2000

I think this might work well. Running discipline, haste and clarity in the alpha's, with herald of ice possibly in another slot (haven't tested that aura whatsoever yet though, not sure if it's worth the hassle), even without a reduced mana gem it should take around 18% mana, which should leave us with enough mana left, considering that we should have around ~2000+ mana and we're not running MoM.
Should be running Discipline, Clarity and Herald of Ice.

Link the herald of ice with reduced mana, added chaos and added lightning. The damage effectiveness is pretty low but it does a lot more than haste and hatred.
"
SakagamiHei wrote:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAnEC4wQHBLMFQgVbBx4HpQj0DkgRlhRNFecWbxa_Fy8aOBpsHwIkqiaVKU8qCyycLR8vbzbFNuk6WDwFPV9BlkV8RtdJUUmyTLNQQlJTVUtVxlXWXcZd8l8qYeJknWTnakNtGXBScLtw1XOzf8aApIIQgh6DOIPbidOLjIw2jmSP-pBVlSCVLpeVl5eX9J2un9-iAKIuoqOnCKeErrO1BLb6uZPAVMHzwwnQ9dgk2RPbC9-K37Dhc-Nq5CLr5Ov17BjsOO0g73zwH_Br8NXyHfPq96b60g==

What would you think about dropping the 3x 10% spell damage nodes and the Nimbleness cluster in favor of taking some reduced mana/increased aura effect? I was thinking of throwing Haste in, though I haven't tried Hatred personally.

I think with the new mana cost changes you can drop Discipline for Hatred even without removing Nimbleness nodes. I'm currently playing a different build that ended up pretty similar to my GC build and I don't need Discipline at all to run a Lvl 17 Arctic Armour. It's a little counterproductive to drop cast speed nodes to run Haste which is a cast speed aura (yes I know it gives move speed too) imo.

It's OK to drop the 30% spell damage if you need the points, later in the game when you get a lot of spell damage on your weapon/shield the spell damage nodes become less significant damage boosts.

"
Syclic wrote:
Should be running Discipline, Clarity and Herald of Ice.

Link the herald of ice with reduced mana, added chaos and added lightning. The damage effectiveness is pretty low but it does a lot more than haste and hatred.

If you want Herald of Ice to be reserving 25%*1.5*1.5 of your mana then sure. Also Added x damage to Herald of Ice only affects the damage of the shatter explosion, not the damage bonus you get from the buff.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Aug 31, 2014, 5:05:02 PM
Some gear upgrade :

I just need to get Haku to lvl 6 for Life on the shield, and it will be pretty decent stuff.

Next step should be Carcass imo.

Found this nice helm, think I will use it for a 5-linked GC.
Wasn't there drawings of the GC circles overlapping and how AOE improves them? Can't find the thread, if anyone can link me to it I would be very happy.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Sep 2, 2014, 9:10:08 AM
Hello there!
I am a first timer in this game, playing for around 9-10 days now. When I was choosing my spell, I was "Hmm, this sounds cool, lets do Glacial Cascade" and I would like to thank you for this guide which enabled this wish to come true.

Also, Id like to say I found some cool synergy, which might be worth mentioning in the guide. As you have the free socket slots, I found myself loving the option to go 6S 5L chest with 5L Cascade and Herald of Ice.
You see, I was very hesitant to use Lightning Warp as a combat spell for quite some time, but now, with enough crit, the thing is, Proliferated Lightning Warp ahs a great synergy with Herald of Ice as the Warp itself allows you to freeze mobs. So you jump in and both freeze and shock them. I am even considering swapping Lightning Penetration for Increased Crit Chance, because the freeze AND crit is imo more beneficial than the pure damage of penetration (IMO, read "In opinion of a guy that doesnt even play for 2 weeks").

@CommodoX: Rime Gaze is lisetd in the "Why not unique X" section of this guide. I personally run it for the 5L totem, but hey, I am a noob in Rampage.

EDIT: Also, Id say it would be cool if you described the Immortal Call setup in more detail. The thing is, if you make it a 4L, it only works once. Which is imo something newer players should know and they imo should be informed about the other setup, which is 2L low level CWDT+EC with 3L higher level CWDT+IC+Increased Duration (which personally I prefer).

Now I hope I dont sound like a smartass who criticizes your guide, I just wanted to throw some of my experience and some thoughts on what might improve your already awesome build even further. Once again, thanks for your work! =)

EDIT2: A little more of my input on Rime Gaze - it is greedy. But in all honestly, I think Rampage just encourages people to be greedy. To go ham, all in and have fun. You cant afford something like that in Beyond. You do lose some stats by going with Rime Gaze, but in Rampage it is like "Oh my gosh, my totem is so cool!" In Hardcore the entire existence of your character is on the line. Will the additional stats from better headpiece save you? Well, they could. You dont care that much in Rampage.
Last edited by Darth_Silegy on Sep 6, 2014, 3:54:14 PM
Interesting build. Going to try this in beyond, however, wouldn't a Cold to fire gem paired with a Defiance make reflect easier, since some is physical which isn't reflected and some is made into fire because of the gem, which Artic armor reduces?

Only thing keeping me from trying this in maps is the obvious problem with reflect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info