14k+ Dps Fire Witch, 1 Hit Merciless Brutus With Crit Youtube Vid Included

"
Unimatrix wrote:
"
xank wrote:
any build works in softcore ladder...

even ones that blow themselves up lol

Oh that story again, thanks for contributing, maddawg.

He's right though.
"
Lachis wrote:
"
Unimatrix wrote:
"
xank wrote:

He's right though.

Please give one reason why hardcore is more difficult that isn't an opinion.
"
Lachis wrote:
"
Unimatrix wrote:
"
xank wrote:

He's right though.

Well, most people in HC just farm the safest known places, so it doesn't differ much
"
Lachis wrote:

He's right though.

Well, partially maybe.

If there wasn't any penalty involved when dying, like in some other games, one could go crazy and do whatever they want. Then this statement would be true.

In reality, you play SC just like HC and - at least I personally do so - try all you can to not die. The only reason I don't play HC myself is because I'm not a fan of losing my character (or getting booted out of the HC league) because of lag or desync. Oh and I tend to switch to desktop in places I shouldn't.

Still, I don't see why all SC players should be labeled as carebears, easy mode casuals, etc.

So all I'm saying is, it is not a viable tactic to not care about dying. And that seems to be a common misunderstanding of the wannabe HC roxxors (i.e. the DBs coming into threads and trying to use it as an argument - I don't blame them, I'm surprised they are even remotely able to build a whole sentence :P).

But back to topic now, this awesome build deserves better than getting derailed entirely.
How does it works in PVP? Anyone tried? What about survivality? Aren't you dying easily?
I'm fine with people trolling my stream but please leave the SC/HC out of my guides, They are simply here for people to read, play & Enjoy
"
Pohx wrote:
I'm fine with people trolling my stream but please leave the SC/HC out of my guides, They are simply here for people to read, play & Enjoy

Please, have you tried a PvP with this build Pohx? And how good is this for survival? That's really important for me.. thanks!
"
incurse wrote:
"
Pohx wrote:

Please, have you tried a PvP with this build Pohx? And how good is this for survival? That's really important for me.. thanks!

I've got absolutely no clue how it works for pvp, and for survival it's perfectly fine aside from Mass elemental damage since I don't have high spell block yet

You can look at the stats and see if the build is squishy based off them
Last edited by Pohx on Feb 1, 2013, 5:01:45 PM
"
Unimatrix wrote:
"
Lachis wrote:

He's right though.

Well, partially maybe.

If there wasn't any penalty involved when dying, like in some other games, one could go crazy and do whatever they want. Then this statement would be true.

In reality, you play SC just like HC and - at least I personally do so - try all you can to not die. The only reason I don't play HC myself is because I'm not a fan of losing my character (or getting booted out of the HC league) because of lag or desync. Oh and I tend to switch to desktop in places I shouldn't.

Still, I don't see why all SC players should be labeled as carebears, easy mode casuals, etc.

So all I'm saying is, it is not a viable tactic to not care about dying. And that seems to be a common misunderstanding of the wannabe HC roxxors (i.e. the DBs coming into threads and trying to use it as an argument - I don't blame them, I'm surprised they are even remotely able to build a whole sentence :P).

But back to topic now, this awesome build deserves better than getting derailed entirely.

Yeah ok. So let's get technical then. No not every build works in softcore. Because some builds wont make it to 100. In softcore you can have a /played of 543 hours on a character with 0 deaths, or 1, or 50. In hardcore you can't. Inherently this means that the game judges your effectiveness by how often you die. There are a couple reasons why the highest level players in the game are on hardcore. One might be that it's probably really boring to be stuck on level 85 because you keep dying. At least you die on hardcore the game becomes interesting again if you try something different. Another reason is that some builds just don't work at all for hardcore.

Key point here so pay attention:

Every build can beat the game farm maps and get lvl 100 in softcore. You just have to not die...a lot.
Every build can beat the game farm maps and get lvl 100 in hardcore. You just have to NEVER die.

See the difference?

Technically this doesn't make Hardcore higher in difficulty level. But technically it makes hardcore much more difficult to play.

That's a pretty cut and dry explination.

To the OP: really awsome idea. I'd have to try it in scrubcore, testcore, failcore...whatever you want to call it.
I don't play hardcore because i enjoy taking ridiculous risks and messing around. The fear of death in hardcore makes it exciting but also makes it boring - farming creeps that are safe and can be easily killed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info