14k+ Dps Fire Witch, 1 Hit Merciless Brutus With Crit Youtube Vid Included

"
coolsnake wrote:
Level 54 templar here. I was quite tanky and had low DPS before switching over to something similar like this. I was using Molten Shell + Iron Will + Faster Casting to make it a spammable lower damage skill that could be combined with Tempest Shield.

Is it worth it compared to this build? Not really. Only gain you get is that ranged mobs get damaged more when you're surrounded with melee mobs in exchange for a lower damage output in general.

My experience with this type of build has been positive. Molten Shell rewards being tanky, like I said my DPS before trying this out was quite bad.

Downsides to using molten shell have mostly been mentioned in this thread:
- Ranged mobs tend to move out of the way, making them more annoying to deal with.
- Completely useless against spell casters.
- Don't expect to be of any use in Ledge runs, eh.

Biggest thing holding it back is the lack of spell block. Templar has the advantage of being near the one node that provides spell block. Stone of Lazhwar seems like a must to have with 50% of block chance applied to spells. I only see myself using an unique shield with spell block as a weapon swap because I gain incredible amounts of armour using a high defense shield.

One last thing to note, you need to be in a certain sweet spot to use this build correctly. What I mean by this is that if you fight against weaker mobs you'll actually kill slower because of their slow time to "pop" your molten shell.

The reverse is true as well. It's quicker for me to solo Rhoa's in Mud Flats than it is to farm skeletons in The Ledge. Why? Because the Rhoa's are so much more agressive than the skeletons. Their higher damage output works in my favor.

This is true, however it is a full fire build and i'm really only showing 1 skill in this guide xD

You're open to using pretty much every fire spell in the game
what's about clarity?

there is a level u have to stop lvl up it?
"
alasson91 wrote:
what's about clarity?

there is a level u have to stop lvl up it?

It's up to you on how well you can sustain it, I run my clarity at max but go oom almost off 1 spell ( Which is more than enough )
I adjusted your build for little bit more damage i want to see what you guys think about it
I think its a nice build.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAnEDxgSzBUIGDgn2EmkUIBRNFHEXHBkuGjIaOB0UHwIlrSftKMUpLilPLJwt0jbFNtg26TrYPV89_EGWRKtG10kbTDVN2E99UEdQUFFgUlNUSVWuVw1YY1nzXPRdxl8_YG1j_WaeZ-JxeXbneuZ8uH1TgFaCEIKbgziHZYgbjHaMz49Gj6aQVZHOnC2dgJ2uns2gtKIApj6nCKcwp4SplayqrrOvt7ndu-3AGsbY0iHUfNSP2CTZYd0F3fPfsONq51Lnauw47FXvDu9874XxbPIv8772SPrS-6r9Cw==

There's 1 point left because i rather get the endurance charge than a skill point from bandits merciless unless they changed it.
Hey guys.I want to play a witch character.I want high DPS, and good survivability, how good is that build ? 14 K dps Molten shield ? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/61726 Which one has more DPS and survivability overall ? Your build or this perma freeze build ? Like I said I want really high DPS and a little bit survivability, so which one is better for default leauge ? Thank you for helping...
Have you tried using Discharge with this Build?

Seems perfect for on command damage with this build.

frenzy with GMP would give you something to do whilst running around.
Last edited by PSGMud on Feb 7, 2013, 11:32:51 PM
"
PSGMud wrote:
Have you tried using Discharge with this Build?

Seems perfect for on command damage with this build.

frenzy with GMP would give you something to do whilst running around.

IF you were to use discharge and not instantly kill everything you would probably die from the burst damage since you're losing all your stacks. When I was playing around with it, it was barely doing any damage. Also i'm running a melee weapon with low accuracy
Considering its only one single skill point have you considered picking up lord of the dead and running a spell totem with summon skeletons.

Since your taking STR and INT, a skeleton totem would give you extra mob control, room scouting and distraction and be fairly a high leveled skillset.

A further 2 points also gets you minion instability, which cause them to explode as fire damage.

It certainly works wonders when more than one person in party has these skills, even 6 skeletons deal decent damage and act as cannon fodder and/or doorway blockers.
All my life i wanted to be someone, now i know i should have been more specific.
"
iambeastx wrote:
Considering its only one single skill point have you considered picking up lord of the dead and running a spell totem with summon skeletons.

Since your taking STR and INT, a skeleton totem would give you extra mob control, room scouting and distraction and be fairly a high leveled skillset.

A further 2 points also gets you minion instability, which cause them to explode as fire damage.

It certainly works wonders when more than one person in party has these skills, even 6 skeletons deal decent damage and act as cannon fodder and/or doorway blockers.

I personally don't like Summons or Totems, it would be a wise investment. I personally just don't find it legit
Last edited by z259333990 on Feb 8, 2013, 6:16:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info