GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
johnKeys wrote:
"
erteryery wrote:

[removed by support]

although Scrotie is - by any possible definition - a Path Of Exile "fanboy", GGG "white knight", and even a bit "elitist" at times, his contribution to the forum and indeed the entire game is priceless.
especially when he feels like writing those patented long posts, which are extremely fun to read and even more fun to disagree with.

I always have trouble with Scrotie's posts. Most often the really long ones are so abstract and alien to me, that while I'm stuck with one sentence, figuring out in the back of my mind whether he has some point, the next sentence already builds on that and does exactly the same.
Usually I give up by then, totally unsure about anything being discussed from then on. :(
"
Jojas wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
erteryery wrote:

[removed by support]

although Scrotie is - by any possible definition - a Path Of Exile "fanboy", GGG "white knight", and even a bit "elitist" at times, his contribution to the forum and indeed the entire game is priceless.
especially when he feels like writing those patented long posts, which are extremely fun to read and even more fun to disagree with.

I always have trouble with Scrotie's posts. Most often the really long ones are so abstract and alien to me, that while I'm stuck with one sentence, figuring out in the back of my mind whether he has some point, the next sentence already builds on that and does exactly the same.
Usually I give up by then, totally unsure about anything being discussed from then on. :(

its alien cus only a social rere has the same thought process
Last edited by erteryery on Apr 30, 2014, 3:37:09 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
[removed by support]

Wow dude. Lost my respect for you. You behave badly on the forums.
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
[removed by support]

damn dog im sarry... i apologize my video game forum frands
Last edited by erteryery on Apr 30, 2014, 3:44:35 PM
"
erteryery wrote:
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
[removed by support]

damn dog im sarry... i apologize my video game forum frands

"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
[removed by support]
Pretty sure you have absolutely no idea what I actually said.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I know people would hate me for saying this on this forum, but Diablo ROS is now a completely self-found game. I play both poe and d3.
D3 was horrible before SF and after SF. It's really not evidence of anything.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

I'm beginning to think that many traders are unable to see how much crap that drops, and how little usefull loot that drops.

Funny you say that, because what makes most items valuable is trading being possible. I find 'crap' all the time that I wouldn't wear because it would be a downgrade, but I can easily sell it for 1-3 chaos, which makes that crap actually valuable. Without trading, there would be even more crap items.

Every arpg has to have many, many gear drops that are useless to the current build. No one is expecting that every drop is going to contain a useful item. It's always been and always will be the amount of junk loot we must farm through to get a good drop and the amount of hours and tons of vendor only and other not even worth picking up crap that we must go through until a great item drops as the essence of the SFL debate (IMHO). Right now most proponents are wanting a higher drop rate on the crafting orbs (being starved for jewellers, fusings, alchs, etc. is not ever fun) and 1000s of hours to work for great gearing in definitely too long of a time requirement. I don't harken back for the original D3 formulas of 100s of hours of crap loot to get a legendary of good quality to drop. That spelled disaster for Blizzard and same is true for PoE. That having been said we also don't want a rain of high quality loot too fast or we get BiS gear too soon and than there's nothing left to farm for. Right now PoE is too far toward the D3 side of quality loot and orb drops for most and a moderate shift toward the RoS or TL2 side would be an improvement and go a long way to ease frustrations and burnout and "I quit" syndrome.

As you stated there is quite a lot of gear that we get that's not useful to our current build and we already have enough of these leveling types of gear for future builds so it might fetch a chaos or 2 if traded. When GGG gets their public stash in-game real trading system off the ground the situation should be better if the official trading method didn't require a lot of time to use it. Right now trade chat and POE.XYZ posting to sell gear is too time consuming and takes us away from playing the monster bash and leveling game. Commodity trading is definitely at the bottom of my features list for any arpg and many arpg fans wouldn't even have it on their list of game features at all.

Your last comment is a statement siding with SFL proponents. If one is truly playing SFL style and not trading at all then there are a lot more crap items which is the whole point of the debate for having an SFL so that there is a reduction of the crap loot (better item progression). Please note that no one wants everything at once (that's crazy thinking) and no one is ever forcing you who are against an SFL to ever play it so don't use the tired argument of "an SFL would get me to the high end gear sooner and I'd then be bored and quit." The uber hardcore players, they should never play it, same as I stay out of Invasion League as I'd die too many times and rage quit out of frustration (especially if it was a desync death). Also please refrain from the "you can play SFL style in any league right now" comment. Yes, that is technically true but that just increases the solo farming time factor and makes more players quit playing PoE out of frustration. The SFL would be a better match for the solo non-trader than any existing league is currently and should be more profitable for GGG.

Hmm... a higher quantity of happier solo non-trading players making more transactions for GGG to make more money. A win-win situation in my view. What's not to like?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Apr 30, 2014, 9:42:18 PM
removed
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Apr 30, 2014, 9:34:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info