GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"I just want super duper special loot to drop from the sky."

I would have so much more respect for these pro-SFL posts if at the very least they were open and honest about where they are coming from with their arguments.

There is literally not a single valid reason period for having a permanent SFL. Not a single swaying post ever made on the subject.

So again... come clean and save yourself some face here: "I just want super duper loot to drop from the sky."

Man up.

;)

Noblesse oblige
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
Reinhart wrote:
You only take into account your sources and not your sinks.

You're just adding details to my elaboration. We could go at it all day long and end up with just another book on economy [There's a difference between real world economy and economy in online games, yes.].

"
Reinhart wrote:
Honestly what is the difference between looting pixel A or trading pixel B for pixel A? There is none.

This is your initial point, and it is wrong, partly because of the simplified example I wrote in the previous post, partly because of a million other reasons. If you want to make a new point, make one, but please don't drag it out for no reason. I generalized (not usually a good thing to do), you defined (absolutes are much worse).

You didn't refute my initial point. You just stated it was 'wrong' with nothing to back it up.

You claim to have one million different reasons why I was 'wrong'. Well, I would love to hear them.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"

I would have so much more respect for these pro-SFL posts if at the very least they were open and honest about where they are coming from with their arguments.

There is literally not a single valid reason period for having a permanent SFL. Not a single swaying post ever made on the subject.

So again... come clean and save yourself some face here: "I just want super duper loot to drop from the sky."

Man up.

;)

I have always said that I want better loot drops and crafting rates. I'm pretty transparent in my discussions/arguments. Man enough for you yet?
"

Spoiler

Man up.

;)

While his argument was flaming (and I, nor iamstryker, nor Petrov, nor any other "real" pro-SFL player don't support pro-SFL posts based on flame or childish demands), yours is as well.

However I'd like to point out that once more you are flagging SFL as "free lewt piñata". What's the point in reasoning with you if you refuse to see it any other way than that?
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
Isbox1 wrote:
"

Man up.

;)

I have always said that I want better loot drops and crafting rates. I'm pretty transparent in my discussions/arguments. Man enough for you yet?

I do not blame you for missing it. The point is often elusive and indeed hard to see.
Noblesse oblige
"
Isbox1 wrote:

You are allowed to have your opinion and I respect it, but I feel like asking for better loot drops and crafting rates is just asking for too much. A realistic suggestion has far more weight than an unrealistic one - and "pro-SFL" players with unrealistic ideas are unlikely to get what they want.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"

I do not blame you for missing it. The point is often elusive and indeed hard to see.

So even if they did increase drop/craft rates by 4000% - it has zero impact on your current POE gaming life. It makes no logical difference.

So again: man up and just come clean that in the end... you just don't want others to have fun.
Last edited by Isbox1 on Apr 26, 2014, 2:28:56 PM
"
Isbox1 wrote:

So again: man up and just come clean that in the end... you just don't want others to have fun.

If you're not having fun with the actual game and feel that you could have only with a SFL, then there is an option, it's called Diablo3

Different games are made for cater different players. Stop trying to chance the game for your tastes
"
Mahesys wrote:
"
Isbox1 wrote:

If you're not having fun with the actual game and feel that you could have only with a SFL, then there is an option, it's called Diablo3

Different games are made for cater different players. Stop trying to chance the game for your tastes

Again: moot point. Yet another nonresponse. A red herring. "Go play X game."
Spoiler
I do, by the way. D3:ROS is amazing. It's so much better than POE. I have a tremendous amount of fun playing it 3-4 hours daily. Bet that pisses you off mr "I don't want you to have fun". ;)

Come clean and just admit that you would rather people not have fun. It's that simple. That's the only logical step in all of the arguments I've ever read on SFL.

It makes literally zero difference to you and your gaming whether a new permanent league with spacegoats, butterflies, better drop rates, or anything at all - you will either play it or you won't. That's the only significant impact to your lives whether or not SFL exists. The thoughts of if you want to make a character on it or not.

There's only massive benefits of incorporating more leagues to suite different gaming tastes. Be it SFL or PVP leagues or whatever... it's only good for the longevity of this game to have more supporters. Stop being so daft - and at least come clean: you just don't want others to have fun. Major respect for the first of you hardcore anti-SFL who comes clean from this thread. Up for it Xav?
Last edited by Isbox1 on Apr 26, 2014, 2:45:49 PM
"
Mahesys wrote:
"
Isbox1 wrote:

I play self found and solo yet Diablo 3 certainly isn't an option for me or for many others it appears. =P

butterflies,unicorns and rainbows .... and Cain !? Cain !? That's no way for a legend to go out ... =(
Last edited by Temper on Apr 26, 2014, 2:43:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info