GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
tinko92 wrote:
Had to respond to you once more, but won't do it anymore.

Glad you agree with me!

Just because something it may be fun for you doesn't mean that other people don't want to have both experiences. Radical feminist ideology at work here. You are treating this SFL as a haven for yourself and not putting it into perspective that other players would like to craft/loot (myself) and trade (myself again). Many from Petrovs thread would play both.

What I have been saying is "Why not offer a solution to fix the self found problem instead of separating it from another mechanic?"
Last edited by Worldbreaker on Apr 26, 2014, 10:49:40 AM
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
"
tinko92 wrote:

Glad you agree with me!

Just because something it may be fun for you doesn't mean that other people don't want to have both experiences. Radical feminist ideology at work here. You are treating this SFL as a haven for yourself and not putting it into perspective that other players would like to craft/loot (myself) and trade (myself again). Many from Petrovs thread would play both.

What I have been saying is "Why not offer a solution to fix the self found problem instead of separating it from another mechanic?"

If they fix self found to an extent that it can actually rival trading, people are only going to trade for GG gear and build enabling uniques and economy will go to shit pretty much.
In my eyes it's either trading or SF. You can't have both being equally effective in the same league.
ign: ecogen
Last edited by ecogen on Apr 26, 2014, 10:56:21 AM
Chill out guys. so GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL? lol. not even a guess form each side?
Last edited by Tom1989 on Apr 26, 2014, 10:57:10 AM
"
Worldbreaker wrote:

Let me get see if I got this straight...

Do you really believe that GGG would rather change this RNGfest than open up a new league that would severely smooth it?
What in the last half a year makes you believe in that?
With your "proposal", we would never see any real change to this RNGfest. But, a league on its own, hell of a start (or end).

So there's the answer on your question, that's why.

EDIT:
By the way, where did you get the idea that SFL would be a heaven for me? If the content would still be gated and I wouldn't be able to run appropriate level maps, that would be a hell for me.
I wouldn't even play the SFL with a gated content.
Last edited by tinko92 on Apr 26, 2014, 11:08:18 AM
"
ecogen wrote:
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
"
tinko92 wrote:

Glad you agree with me!

If they fix self found to an extent that it can actually rival trading, people are only going to trade for GG gear and build enabling uniques and economy will go to shit pretty much.
In my eyes it's either trading or SF. You can't have both being equally effective in the same league.

My suggestion would be to boost crafting orbs significantly in the normal leagues and implement a hybrid bind-on-account where items can only be traded one time. Prices would deflate due to only being able to sell it once (to someone who will use said item) but the increase from crafting drops would be enough to bring that price back up.

Then hopefully you can brute force the crafting slot machine and/or be able to use (not abuse) the trade mechanic via flipping.

It also creates another item sink if you find a better item. (aside from vaal orbs)
Last edited by Worldbreaker on Apr 26, 2014, 11:07:57 AM
"
VenatorPoE wrote:

Did you read the rest of my post? It's quite annoying when people quote a select part of a larger post, effectively pulling things out of context. Just use the spoiler tags for organization purposes.

Balancing the game around trading, but advertising "barter based gameplay" and saying the gold mechanic of every other online game is removed (both statements being completely false), doesn't really make their game a hardcore experience. If their intentions are to make another typical MMOish trading environment, they should rephrase their website, for a start.

Yes I did, I only quoted the first part because with your premise being completely wrong, there is no need to discuss the rest of your post. And I don't buy it that your problem with trading is GGG slightly unclearly phrasing something (or rather you understanding it wrong). If you want I can search for Rhys' long ass post on why PoE is a hardcore experience :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Well, usually when you make a game, you have a vision of how the game should turn out to be. You base the core design around that vision and stick to it. If you want to be a jack of all trades, you become EA, AB or Ubisoft and produce watered down games that try to meet the lowest common denominator. Sorry that I don't want PoE to become such a game. If that makes me selfish, so be it.

You do realize that the existence of the SFL would not change other leagues, everything stays the same there, for you and your buddies.

Please do explain, how is having a choice a bad thing?
How would the existence of SFL influence those who play in other leagues? Would they not be able to trade and enjoy the game as they are now?
What would PoE become with a SFL?

Yes, it makes you selfish, so far.

You're clearly not thinking ahead. I can again point you to the loot allocation incident. Or, since you're a RoS fan, I can point you to the Blizzard forums, where people still cry for drop buffs all the time and Blizzard is slowly caving in. I would only support a SFL if the game stays roughly the same (I'd be okay with easier/more deterministic crafting in such a league). If someone wants an SFL for competitive reasons, I support him 100% because, with his playstyle, he can't compete in the current leagues. But if someone demands of GGG to rebalance the whole game (pretty much the same what happened from D3 to RoS) because he's too lazy to trade, I'm against it.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
I would only support a SFL if the game stays roughly the same (I'd be okay with easier/more deterministic crafting in such a league). If someone wants an SFL for competitive reasons, I support him 100% because, with his playstyle, he can't compete in the current leagues. But if someone demands of GGG to rebalance the whole game (pretty much the same what happened from D3 to RoS) because he's too lazy to trade, I'm against it.

So we agree to the fullest.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
symban wrote:
I love forum people!

The very same crowd that dissed D3 as AH3 with great distate, now turned 180 degrees defending AH style trade and opposing SFL just because D3 now has it.

I guess their stance has nothing to do with PoE, it is simply opposing anything related to D3.

You should realize that there's a difference between an RMAH and an AH, and a difference between an AH and xyz. Also if you think the Gold-AH was the core problem of D3, you're wrong. The AH was just a catalyst of D3's true problems (poor itemization).
"
tinko92 wrote:
What's next? You'll tell me that the water is a liquid?

Water appears in nature in a liquid, a gas and a solid state.

*tips fedora*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info