GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

Reasons posted AGAINST a SFL:

It will split the player base
No, players who wants a SFL do not participate enough in the economy to makes this argument valid.

You can play SFL as it is
Yes, but you will be ranked along side traders, partying people, RMT people and so on. And, if this argument was valid, we do not need a hardcore league

Trading and the economy are core elements
Yes, they are - but they don't have to be, for people who don't participate in the elements. A new league isn't that much work.

GGG makes money on microtransactions
I see this. Not many paeople will buy a lot of fancy colored things - BUT you will need many stash tabs if you want a lot of characters.

All pro-SFL'er are just whiners, who want things handed to them
The worst argument in history. A SFL would still be harder than any other league, even if they doubled the drop rates. SF will always be harder and more "long lived" than trade-to-win.

Any more?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on May 13, 2014, 4:11:19 AM
I just want to point out, that the Hardcore League is already there and an established concept in this Game. So saying "You don't need Hardcore League, you can just delete your character" is not the same as implementing a new kind of League.

Another part is, current Selffound Players are not affected by how other Players decide to play. If there were no separate HC league, the players that decide to play HC are affected by players that decide not to play HC, in that they would have to play in a mostly 'standart league' economy instead of a HC league economy.

Spoiler
Yeah, I know, the big bad economy again
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Phrazz wrote:

Trading and the economy are core elements
Yes, they are - but they don't have to be, for people who don't participate in the elements. A new league isn't that much work.

With all respect, you have absolutely no idea how much work is that. I don't, either, but then I don't pretend to know. Sorry. As long as the SFL backers will use such "out of the wild" arguments, I will remain skeptical.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Any more?

Hey, you missed a gem;

"
Mr_Mustasch wrote:
Trading requires effort and skill. A league where players can ignore this part of the game is more casual.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
"
aldorus wrote:
SFL backers

Don't generalize. It were me, not the "SFL backers".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
ignarsoll wrote:

Hey, you missed a gem;

"
Mr_Mustasch wrote:
Trading requires effort and skill. A league where players can ignore this part of the game is more casual.

Oh god, were to begin? A real gem it is, indeed.

Tell me, what skills are involved? Value the item? Hit XYZ. Selling the item? Procurement does it for you. Responding "ok" on a PM? Skullfull, indeed. Asking if someone is online? Also skillfull.

If we HAD a barter economy, there MAY have been skills involved. We don't have a barter economy. We have a XYZ-economy, based on B/O's - which is not B/O's, but a price tag. Skills? Give me a break. It DOES require some effort, yes. But the day trading requires 1/100 as much effort as it would take to grind an item, we may be close to a fair balance.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
ignarsoll wrote:

Hey, you missed a gem;

"
Mr_Mustasch wrote:

Oh god, were to begin? A real gem it is, indeed.

Tell me, what skills are involved? Value the item? Hit XYZ. Selling the item? Procurement does it for you. Responding "ok" on a PM? Skullfull, indeed. Asking if someone is online? Also skillfull.

If we HAD a barter economy, there MAY have been skills involved. We don't have a barter economy. We have a XYZ-economy, based on B/O's - which is not B/O's, but a price tag. Skills? Give me a break. It DOES require some effort, yes. But the day trading requires 1/100 as much effort as it would take to grind an item, we may be close to a fair balance.

Fact is, people dont want a barter economy or xyz wouldnt exist.

Whoever came here thinking the game was about crafting or bartering (like D3 players) will be greatly disappointed that crafting is hiding behind trading.
"

Whoever came here thinking the game was about crafting or bartering (like D3 players) will be greatly disappointed that crafting is hiding behind trading.

Are you searching for a way to implement D3 in this discussion?

D3 have never been about bartering. It had an AH, without player interaction. Is an auction bartering? No.

"
Phrazz wrote:
"

D3 have never been about bartering. It had an AH, without player interaction. Is an auction bartering? No.

That's not what he said.

He meant D3 players came here, thinking the game was about crafting or bartering.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"

That's not what he said.

He meant D3 players came here, thinking the game was about crafting or bartering.

Exactly. :)

I wasnt bringing D3 into it as a whole, its more like i was bringing people who played D3 and used the AH into this. Because: D3 = AH/RMAH and POE = XYZ aka AH. See the resemblance and similarity?

That being said, i came for bartering and crafting and try my best at it even though its more difficult than i thought it would be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info