is this guy cheating?

"
Faendris wrote:
So, you choose not to use a significant part of the mechanics (i.e. trading) that the game provides.

Absolutely, does that sound so strange, in an aRPG?

"
You then proceed to insult those that do use all the tools available to them in a smart way.

Source?
Maybe I was drunk, but it's been ~15 years, so I doubt it. Maybe it's just age and my memory is fading.
So, yah, source?

"
And finally you demand support for the way you would like to play. Cute.

Nope, no demanding. I've given feedback and suggestions many times, never demanded anything.

Hmmm, did you actually quote the wrong person, nothing in your post appears to fit what you quoted by me?
Casually casual.

Faendris, no offense but theanuhart is correct on this one.

GGG has provided a "hardcore" game, without defining what the term "hardcore" means.

This creates a wrong player-experience from the start due to wrong assumption being forced on to the game. And for good reason also, lack of definition.

It's a good business strategy and i am pretty certain this was done on purpose to attract more people this game was not designed for.

The result is a lot of disappointed people entering the game based on false assumption stemming from the mass interpretations the term "hardcore" can stand for.

As long as GGG does not properly define what they consider to be "hardcore", this will only keep enduring and a lot of QQ will keep flowing over into the forums.

And that is not the players fault.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I consider it cheating, but that's my personal opinion and in no way intended to be a personal insult. We all have our own rules, and this violates mine. Trading does too. That doesn't make trading evil, or immoral, or bad in any way. It just makes it cheating in my game. My game is isolated from theirs, so it doesn't matter a bit. Nothing they do directly affects me. It does sadden me that the game is this flawed, but I also realize that there will always be flaws in the game that people like this will exploit to their advantage.

What does bother me is when the developers make MY game harder while trying to thwart crap like this.
I love the total extremes: even resetting parts of the skill tree to min-max the cheating.
Last edited by Isbox1 on Apr 24, 2014, 8:41:00 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
vixien wrote:
"
cyranorick wrote:
He also ssems zo use a makro to drink all 5 potions at once, which is def. not allowed afaik.

they've stated many times it is, but I doubt anything will be done about it.

I like how he respec'd out of the auras after he cast them. That takes confidence since zoning out would reset the auras to a weaker state. Not to mention like an exalt of regrets to redo it all, but when you can get epic look from uber atziri, whats 1 ex when you get items that sell for 100+ ex, right?

This is a hardcore game, respecing is supposed to be difficult.
It's one of the points GGG make to classify this game as hardcore, requiring commitment.

It's strange, though, that anyone playing the path of least resistance trade simulator exactly the way GGG intended can just "wtb 50 regrets" and think nothing of it. As seen here, not even just for a rare respec but snapshot respec spamming several times per day.

edit_quote from GGG
but our intention is that players who want to try substantially divergent character builds are encouraged to play a new character through the game, organically leveling it up rather than just respeccing into it.

Yet, for someone playing solo-self-found, regrets are few and far between and even then are a vendor trade for an alch to attempt to access content (not even thinking of crafting). But this type of play style is actively discouraged, not supported and quite obviously disliked by GGG.

Yup, time and time again, the 'by design' way to play PoE goes against what the game claims to be, while a play style that actually realises the vision, is frowned upon, discouraged and said to be 'not fun' by GGG.

It's the same with maps, end game maps were never supposed to be chained, yet it always was possible by playing the intended way, but impossible for the solo-self-found.

Same with RNG, socketing, gearing, challenge, levelling, crafting.

Now why would a company claim their game is hardcore, make these points on why it is hardcore, brutal, unforgiving, yet encourage play styles that completely negate this while discouraging the play styles that make all these aspects real?

The answer is simple, pretence.

The River , Cry it
"
Boem wrote:

GGG has provided a "hardcore" game, without defining what the term "hardcore" means.

This creates a wrong player-experience from the start due to wrong assumption being forced on to the game. And for good reason also, lack of definition.

It's a good business strategy and i am pretty certain this was done on purpose to attract more people this game was not designed for.

The result is a lot of disappointed people entering the game based on false assumption stemming from the mass interpretations the term "hardcore" can stand for.

As long as GGG does not properly define what they consider to be "hardcore", this will only keep enduring and a lot of QQ will keep flowing over into the forums.

That's correct, it's almost as though GGG know they have a model which can't sustain, but continue to ride it out.

The real target, those who want to play the game GGG want to play, are basically Path of least resistance players.

6 link an armour? Fuck that, 6 link lottery with a 10 ex prize that other people found.
They don't want hard, they don't want slow, they don't want RNG, they want it all, now.

Crafting RNG? Fuck that, use eternals that were the product of 50,000 other-man hours in the space of a few minutes to overcome it. How many people who have used several eternals or a mirror have actually ever found a single one?

The game isn't advertised at these players, though, it is advertised for the population that feed the upper pyramid. It attracts the hardcore player base as fodder, who then realise that is what it's all about and leave.

Now that it is becoming VERY apparent that they are quickly exhausting the supply of players, we see the recent changes in tutorials, checkpoints, etc. But again only to attract people to feed the upper pyramid. The middle and bottom will not remain and cannot be forever replaced.

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Apr 24, 2014, 8:58:25 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

That's correct, it's almost as though GGG know they have a model which can't sustain, but continue to ride it out.

The real target, those who want to play the game GGG want to play, are basically Path of least resistance players.

6 link an armour? Fuck that, 6 link lottery with a 10 ex prize that other people found.
They don't want hard, they don't want slow, they don't want RNG, they want it all, now.

Crafting RNG? Fuck that, use eternals that were the product of 50,000 other-man hours in the space of a few minutes to overcome it. How many people who have used several eternals or a mirror have actually ever found a single one?

The game isn't advertised at these players, though, it is advertised for the population that feed the upper pyramid. It attracts the hardcore player base as fodder, who then realise that is what it's all about and leave.

Now that it is becoming VERY apparent that they are quickly exhausting the supply of players, we see the recent changes in tutorials, checkpoints, etc. But again only to attract people to feed the upper pyramid. The middle and bottom will not remain and cannot be forever replaced.

This is only true if you set unreasonable goals for yourself. It's up to the player to stick to the game you want to play. If you want to craft like you describe, you have to adopt a playstyle that supports it. If you choose not to, you have to modify your goals to suit your choice.
"
khemintiri wrote:
The River , Cry it

Presumed to be synonymous to 'cry me a river' ?

Which begs the question, why did you respond with that to my post?
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Apr 24, 2014, 9:03:49 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
khemintiri wrote:
The River , Cry it

Presumed to be synonymous to 'cry me a river' ?

Which begs the question, why did you respond with that to my post?

it's quite apparent , im sorry friend , you won't get a discussion out from me , have fun with the other guys instead.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
This is only true if you set unreasonable goals for yourself. It's up to the player to stick to the game you want to play. If you want to craft like you describe, you have to adopt a playstyle that supports it. If you choose not to, you have to modify your goals to suit your choice.

It's true because everybody has their own goals. People play aRPGs for many reasons, different expectations, different gaols.

It's true because for the majority of people who decided to seek their gaols in PoE, very few, if any of them's gaols were to farm orbs to feed the few real target audience.
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info