I'm pretty much done with this game

"
Veruski wrote:

the only thing that isn't really random is what, experience points, and quest rewards?

that's basically it.

so all they have to do is adjust the mobs to give random amounts of experience and the game will be 100% RNG.

want to hit 100? just keep killing mobs, and hope for ones that give lots of exp.

Fuck. This made me lol hard.
Last edited by RagnarokX on Apr 23, 2014, 9:46:04 AM
"
CCR5 wrote:
"
Temper wrote:
I have enough issues with the bread and butter end game content as is without concerning myself with optional content.

this optionality is eyebrow-raising

lvl 100 Ambush was reached in slightly more than 26 days /played
top of the ladder players start mapping at most 1 day /played
which gives at most 4% ratio for allegedly bread-and-butter to optional content.

how can 4% can be exceptionally high when by numbers it is exceptionally low?

Like I said,I don't partake in the endless map grind and these are questions better suited to guys like yourself that play post campaign content to fill the time between main content. =)

When main content/campaign moves along past the level 70-80 range I'll be more than happy to play through it,there's quite a way to go before act 10 and the added fact it's not possible on my current rig to participate into act 3x without the certainty of technical deaths.

We just have different personal goals is all,mine to finish up the main story content and then reroll and do it again,yours to go beyond it and attain levels beyond content cap.

=)
"
Are you bored yet? I am.

Bored? Of what?

I was enjoying PoE, and I wanted to try new builds, but nothing drops, so I hit a brick wall.
Last edited by Veruski on Apr 23, 2014, 9:51:26 AM
"

Then I have a point. You may or may not recall my thread about end game vs post game. End game for me is when actual content stops. Maps are post game to me, bonus levels for those who feel the actual game isn't enough.

I bet a lot of regular posters would be surprised to know just how few players even ever play a map. Like I said: myopic elitists.

Yes, I remember that thread. At the time it seemed more like a theoretical exercise to me, or some sort of perspective-changing mindgame just for the kicks. But if you really mean it, good for you. I think you can get so much more out of PoE with that kind of attitude.
"

It's not self proclaimed. That is what makes it so amusing.

And what kind of elitist? The kind that thinks everyone is welcome to play the game, give feedback and hopefully enjoy it. The kind who thinks this game does take years to fully appreciate, but accepts when others are done sooner. The kind who would just wish people could give level headed feedback and then leave if that's what they're doing. The kind who thinks someone who has only been here less than six months but then makes a pretty useless this-game-sucks-i-quit post is just a tourist.

...if that's an elitist, then I'm a ham sandwich.

Spare us the drama of how good and noble you are.
You've discredited his feedback based on his playtime, which wasn't even small, 5 months is a pretty good chunk.
And after that, when people try to discredit yours based on the character levels, which belongs to the same basket, they're elitists.

It's hard to appreciate (the way you imply) something when that something is constantly fingering your ass, through all sorts of things.

His feedback isn't useless, I'm saying that again, it's a completely valid one. He stated his problems with the game, and was quite civil.

So in the end, yes, you're a hypocrite for calling others elitists and you're doing almost the same thing.
Not to mention how you haven't even experienced PoE in it's prime RNG-fest with your low level characters, and the OP did.
"
CCR5 wrote:
"
Anyone who feels that 75 isn't high level in light of the above is just a myopic elitist, wanking to their own lack of perspective.

lvl 75 is like beating Cruel Diablo

yours,
miopic elitist

Level 75 is relevant to level 75 content.No more no less and provides the experience and knowledge to both deal with said content and or have a an informed first hand opinion of said content.

Which again is why I don't comment on high map mechanics and gameplay. =)

POE isn't Diablo,and Dominus guards the throne in the highest difficulty here.

If it were Diablo I'd be happily slaughtering him eyes closed in hell right now. =P
Last edited by Temper on Apr 23, 2014, 9:59:17 AM
"
Temper wrote:
=)

for me main content is a chore, simply 1-1.5-2 days /played you need to suck up to get to maps
every time

it was quite fun a couple first times but then -- not so

and that's not mentioning that I level relatively slowly with my main skill, not with the common SB/ST-respec procedure, to "feel" the skill and what's important and what's not

basically, one can not roll double boss Merci Vaal, so...
"
"
Jojas wrote:
"

Then I have a point. You may or may not recall my thread about end game vs post game. End game for me is when actual content stops. Maps are post game to me, bonus levels for those who feel the actual game isn't enough.

I bet a lot of regular posters would be surprised to know just how few players even ever play a map. Like I said: myopic elitists.

Yes, I remember that thread. At the time it seemed more like a theoretical exercise to me, or some sort of perspective-changing mindgame just for the kicks. But if you really mean it, good for you. I think you can get so much more out of PoE with that kind of attitude.

Naw, I meant it. I'm totally GGG's Ideal Player. I alt like crazy, I have...er, had the cash to support their passion and I genuinely hate grind, so I don't subject myself to what has to be the number one killer of player satisfaction.

Most importantly, I think there is so much room for improvement, and happily say so, but I don't let that get in the way of enjoying what is working.

so you think there's room for improvement, but if anybody posts a feedback thread, you shit in it.

seems counter productive
"
CCR5 wrote:
"
Temper wrote:
=)

for me main content is a chore, simply 1-1.5-2 days /played you need to suck up to get to maps
every time

it was quite fun a couple first times but then -- not so

and that's not mentioning that I level relatively slowly with my main skill, not with the common SB/ST-respec procedure, to "feel" the skill and what's important and what's not

basically, one can not roll double boss Merci Vaal, so...

And thankfully the game caters to both our preferred playstyles.We both may have issues with the game in both our playstyles,but POE offers us both something different to enjoy.

"
"
Veruski wrote:

so you think there's room for improvement, but if anybody posts a feedback thread, you shit in it.

seems counter productive

Anybody? No. Plenty of feedback threads here I either don't respond to or contribute thoughtfully.

I just 'shit in' the ones that remind me of toilets.

Sorry if that means one of yours. This seems personal to you. Honestly, best not to feel that way.

I have to feel that way. Veruski's Law, right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info