[Official] WINE info thread

"
julus wrote:
OpenAL is needed to prevent crash with burning/lightning arrow.
AFAIK vsync does not work in Wine at all = always off no matter what system settings
The stuttering (lags) when encountering rares/casting spells is known to developers and they promised they will preload all assets when entering map and not load it during battle (because it also happens on some windows configuration)
Disabling GLSL maybe is a solution, but using ARB shaders is AFAIK obsolete, and not recommended.

When Wine1.4 was released, Radeon 7XXX wasn't around, this is the reason of wrong detection.

In other words, there is nothing much more to do on the wine side, just wait for devs to fix their issues with game.

actualy no ... I was playing with --nosound from the start and got the crashes ... I still don't have the override but not getting the crashes now. the fix was in the last patch somewhere for me (0.10e).

I cannot reproduce the crash no matter what now.
FYI: I tried to bisect Mesa to find the commit that "fixed" burning arrow issue for me but the problems seems to be gone.. perhaps they fixed it (or changed the code somewhat) in the latest patch. To be honest I'm not entirely sure I checked right versions, I looked at dates when I made my packages (the 32bit "emulation" ones) and choose starting point basing on this but I usually rebuild "live" programs/libraries before packing them so it should be right.

Perhaps we should make some poll to see who is still experiencing the problems and what does he/she have in terms of hardware/software.

Also, there is one more possibility, the game content is corrupted somehow, that's why I'm posting the md5 of my files, I assume the checksum would be the same across the board (even on Win) assuming the same version of the game 0.10.0e.

6e09cd1dd2d0bc904e46c492dbc242a7 Content.ggpk

*edit*
Maybe rm -r ShaderCache ?
Last edited by nissarin on Jan 31, 2013, 5:37:20 AM
"
nissarin wrote:
FYI: I tried to bisect Mesa to find the commit that "fixed" burning arrow issue for me but the problems seems to be gone.. perhaps they fixed it (or changed the code somewhat) in the latest patch. To be honest I'm not entirely sure I checked right versions, I looked at dates when I made my packages (the 32bit "emulation" ones) and choose starting point basing on this but I usually rebuild "live" programs/libraries before packing them so it should be right.

Perhaps we should make some poll to see who is still experiencing the problems and what does he/she have in terms of hardware/software.

Also, there is one more possibility, the game content is corrupted somehow, that's why I'm posting the md5 of my files, I assume the checksum would be the same across the board (even on Win) assuming the same version of the game 0.10.0e.

*edit*
Maybe rm -r ShaderCache ?

I did remove the shader cache when I first ancountered the issue, had no effect.
"
nissarin wrote:

My md5sum of Content.ggpk was 9fa436c63c7b3448f1701501b74e3e3e for 0.10.0e.
"
apocolypse600 wrote:
"
nissarin wrote:

My md5sum of Content.ggpk was 9fa436c63c7b3448f1701501b74e3e3e for 0.10.0e.

The way of patching of content.ggpk is more or less random. It will have different md5 almost every time.
mine md5 of 0.10.0e:
6139a04d0fe90a19488c0fcec19280da
3986588dbf2d41874d6a8796395514d6

GGG have utility packcheck (search forum/google) for checking the content.ggpk, but I don't know if that works on wine...
Also in the patches have more fixes than it's stated in changelog.
Last edited by julus on Jan 31, 2013, 6:51:45 AM
Hi.. i have an Nivdia so the opengsl thing should work for me right?

The thing is.. I have no idea what that means.. could someone explain to me what the step by step fix is?

I get massive lag when rare mobs appear and party games are pretty much unplayable.

Ive lost 4 hardcore chars now to boss lag..
"
GeoExile wrote:

The thing is.. I have no idea what that means.. could someone explain to me what the step by step fix is?

I get massive lag when rare mobs appear and party games are pretty much unplayable.

If you use playonlinux select the game, click configure in the upper menu, select the display tab and disable GLSL-support.

If you don't use playonlinux but have winetricks installed just run "winetricks glsl=disabled" in a console.

A third option would be to run "wine regedit" and manually set the corresponding registry key (have to google that).
Last edited by Psycho7765 on Feb 1, 2013, 5:09:56 AM
"
GeoExile wrote:

google-fu: http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys
FYI:

Wine 1.5.23 is released :) didn't try it yet, but maybe some improvements for PoE
Anyone found a way to disable GLSL with an ATI card yet?

...Or other ways to making the combat more fluid on ATI?

I've tried quite a few things and nothing seems to be a magic solution.

-Fiddling with swappiness values, high and low.
-Various versions of Wine
-CPU affinity (when I was using Wine without PlayOnLinux, which makes switching versions very convenient)
-Disabling debug output (it's disabled by default in PlayOnLinux anyway)
-Disabling vsync in game
-Disabling post processing in game
-Using medium instead of high textures in game
-Disabling AA in game
-Alsa instead of Pulseaudio
-Chats are all hidden in game

Speaking of which, how do you properly set CPU affinity in PlayOnLinux?

I tried adding 'export taskset -c 0' below the 'export WINEDEBUG="-all"' line in the ~/.PlayOnLinux/shortcuts file for the POE virtual drive.
Last edited by Sovyn on Feb 1, 2013, 8:32:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info