[Official] WINE info thread

"
Sovyn wrote:
I suspect people with success with the setting are using Nvidia, not ATI.

Yes, i also use Nvidia.
"
ferggren wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:

Yes, i also use Nvidia.

I can also confirm that I have the GLSL disabled and am using the Nvidia drivers without issue
"
Drakier wrote:
"
ferggren wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:

Yes, i also use Nvidia.

I can also confirm that I have the GLSL disabled and am using the Nvidia drivers without issue

Same here. Proprietary nvidia driver 304.64.
"
nissarin wrote:
"
haplo602 wrote:

hmmm any WINEDEBUG hint for troubleshooting the Burning Arrow issue ? There's a lot of fixmes normaly, but those just take space and don't help ...

Not really, I tried to run the game with +relay but it was unplayable, perhaps +all,-relay ? Maybe run the game through (wine) windbg, I never really tried that, though.

As a side not: I tried to narrow down the issue with missrendering on os drivers, currently I'm running e3e1ffb2520498584ef402213d0c8aa4303a46a3 (r600/Gallium on 6850) and the game not only is rendered correctly, it also works (i.e. do not hang). So this is quite weird. I'll try to bisect the rendering issue tomorrow (this is quite easy/not so time consuming) and then I might try to find the commit affecting the burning arrow issue (this will be pain in the ass). Maybe this will help to find some clues about real issue.

so either todays patch fixed the issue or I don't know what.

I ran WINEDEBUG=trace+d3d_shader,warn-all,fixme-all

Got to Rocky Climb, several archers were shooting at me, several burning arrows, NO CRASH. Will have to test a bit more.
"
haplo602 wrote:
"
nissarin wrote:
"
haplo602 wrote:

hmmm any WINEDEBUG hint for troubleshooting the Burning Arrow issue ? There's a lot of fixmes normaly, but those just take space and don't help ...

Not really, I tried to run the game with +relay but it was unplayable, perhaps +all,-relay ? Maybe run the game through (wine) windbg, I never really tried that, though.

As a side not: I tried to narrow down the issue with missrendering on os drivers, currently I'm running e3e1ffb2520498584ef402213d0c8aa4303a46a3 (r600/Gallium on 6850) and the game not only is rendered correctly, it also works (i.e. do not hang). So this is quite weird. I'll try to bisect the rendering issue tomorrow (this is quite easy/not so time consuming) and then I might try to find the commit affecting the burning arrow issue (this will be pain in the ass). Maybe this will help to find some clues about real issue.

Got to Rocky Climb, several archers were shooting at me, several burning arrows, NO CRASH. Will have to test a bit more.

Actually, the burning arrow and lighting arrow does not crash the client at all on OSX.... Dunno why is that happening on linux, as the linux is more stable platform for wine...
"
haplo602 wrote:

No luck here after the patch, same crash in Rocky Climb.

I'll look into OpenAL.

Anything else you might have done to fix it?
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
haplo602 wrote:

No luck here after the patch, same crash in Rocky Climb.

I'll look into OpenAL.

Anything else you might have done to fix it?

I played with a second instance of PoE in a separate prefix, but that's all ... I'll try to reproduce the error anyway again.
Allocating space step takes an ungodly long time. Should probably make it detect when its on wine and skip that step OR use an optimized function that works better on EXT4.
"
kotoroshinoto wrote:
Allocating space step takes an ungodly long time. Should probably make it detect when its on wine and skip that step OR use an optimized function that works better on EXT4.

It seemed to be bad for me only on the initial load up, and after major patches. With all the a/b/c/d whatever patches we've had since Open Beta, I haven't really had much issues with the allocation or the update. In fact, the last update took only about 30 seconds total on my system.
"
apocolypse600 wrote:
For those of you with crashes on those skills, what version of OpenAL are you using? I've got 1.14, and I seem to remember it being an issue with an earlier version (read earlier in this thread about that).

The version of the OpenAL32 dll file in the PoE directory is 6.14.357.25

I noticed the version of the dll in Creative's download (OpenAL 2.0.7.0) is 6.14.357.24 (one iteration older).

Since my understanding is that this dll is related to audio rather than video, I'll try to disable sound altogether tomorrow and see if that helps. If nothing else to eliminate that as a factor in the burning arrow problem (I suspect this is a video issue anyway).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info