[Official] WINE info thread

"
jmackay wrote:
So I got the game working fine with WINE, but I just found a problem that appears to be irreversible.

This was my first time using Wine so I followed some instructions on Youtube on how to make the wrap, install, etc. It all worked just fine without adding any obvious bugs (the bug log said otherwise) and it all worked fine.

The only problem I've encountered was when I thought I would try full screen mode. It basically goes into full screen more, but the screen just stays black. I have no idea how to get it out of that mode without quitting the program.

I thought maybe if I created a new Wrap, and re-downloaded the game and the patch, It would bring me back to the main menu, but it opened up in full screen mode, and again the screen just stays black.

Any ideas?

Try deleting the contents of "My Games/Path of Exile" (where PoE stores is settings). It's been a while since I've used wine, but it will probably be somewhere like:

~/.wine/drive_c/users/your_user/My Documents/My Games/Path of Exile

Alternatively you could try just editing the config file in there, probably just need to change fullscreen=true to fullscreen=false

Best of luck.
We're working on this and should have it fixed soon. Sorry about that!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info