I found that "UseGLSL"="disabled" remove fps drops for me

Confirmed.

Great!
"
haplo602 wrote:
"
julus wrote:
Regarding Wine 1.5.9+ crashes

I run regression test, and identified that after the 2123f049d30cad9d79867999eb49f46211e0e23c commit (usp10: Change OpenType_GSUB_GetFontLangaugeTags to OpenType_GetFontLanguageTags and load languages from GPOS table as well.) Game crashes

The commit is not revertible against current wine, but the crashes possibly can be workarounded by "winetricks usp10" (I was able to run 1.5.22 stable for more than hour with that on OSX). Can somebody please confirm that winetricks usp10 fixes crashes on wine 1.5.9+ ?

Currently I am running final test (wine 1.5.9 with that commit reverted), If the game will be stable for 2 hours, I am opening bug report at winehq.

GJ ... I will test 1.5.21 this evening and let you know. Hopefully it fixes the Burning Arrow skill crash too :-) I will have to avoid ROcky Climb for an hour ,...

EDIT: installed 1.5.22, usp10 override, crashed at login screen

It's already reported here - http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=32798 - patch included. Unfortunately game still hangs due to Burning/Lightning Arrows.
"
nissarin wrote:
"
haplo602 wrote:
"
julus wrote:

I run regression test, and identified that after the 2123f049d30cad9d79867999eb49f46211e0e23c commit (usp10: Change OpenType_GSUB_GetFontLangaugeTags to OpenType_GetFontLanguageTags and load languages from GPOS table as well.) Game crashes

The commit is not revertible against current wine, but the crashes possibly can be workarounded by "winetricks usp10" (I was able to run 1.5.22 stable for more than hour with that on OSX). Can somebody please confirm that winetricks usp10 fixes crashes on wine 1.5.9+ ?

Currently I am running final test (wine 1.5.9 with that commit reverted), If the game will be stable for 2 hours, I am opening bug report at winehq.

GJ ... I will test 1.5.21 this evening and let you know. Hopefully it fixes the Burning Arrow skill crash too :-) I will have to avoid ROcky Climb for an hour ,...

It's already reported here - http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=32798 - patch included. Unfortunately game still hangs due to Burning/Lightning Arrows.

Yeah, I found that out after that post, and after that regresion test.... (that took me about 5 hours to do it well)... But at least I am glat that someone else confirmed it..
I can confirm that the patch fixes crashes on wine-git - OSX.

Anyway, has someone noticed minor sound glitches since 1.5.21? Or it is just OSX specific..
I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit and using Wine 1.4 and have been playing through fine (except for some lag when casting a spell). Everything works, sound is good. I'm using the ATI proprietary driver v12.6 for my ATI Radeon HD 4770. I can play as long as I like so memory leaks are under control with this setup.

My big problem is that the skeletal archers in The Rocky Climb (act 1) cause the game to hard freeze when the first burning arrow is about to strike my character.

I've also tried many suggestions to improve the lag when casting spells. Some may have helped.

I tried "UseGLSL"="disabled" and can't load the game properly (only the 2D UI shows, no 3D going on at all). So I put it back.

Here was my original shortcut:

env WINEPREFIX="/home/[user]/.wine" C:\\Program\ Files\\Grinding\ Gear\ Games\\Path\ of\ Exile\\Client.exe

I later changed it to the following per earlier suggestions in this thread:

env WINEPREFIX="/home/[user]/.wine" WINEDEBUG=-all taskset -c 0 wine C:\\Program\ Files\\Grinding\ Gear\ Games\\Path\ of\ Exile\\Client.exe

I also fiddled with Swappiness but I think I found setting it to 10 is better than setting it to 100, at least with 4 GB memory.

I guess I'll see if I can set up a separate Wine prefix for 1.5.6 and see if that makes any difference. I assume someone in this thread has made it through Act 1 on Wine using an ATI card?
Last edited by Sovyn on Jan 29, 2013, 2:32:04 PM
"
julus wrote:

Not just that you were able to run stable, but did you check your memory usage on a resource graph or something to ensure that it just didn't keep going up and up and up forever?

I am using PlayOnLinux, so I'll see if there is a way to install usp10 in PlayOnLinux, and then I'll attempt 1.5.21 or something to see if it works.

Thanks for checking on that and hopefully narrowing down the problem.
My cat loves POE on Mac! Hehehee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oyFfBN7cSs

After the wine + POE used approx 6000+ mb RAM i desided to go with win 7 by bootcamp. Works in the end better. Would be fantastic if GGG one day could make a proper wine based release. Should not take too much effort (?)

Came from Diablo 3
New AMD (non-legacy) 13.2 Official Beta Drivers: http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/amd-driver-installer-catalyst-13.2-beta3-linux-x86.x86_64.zip
Notes: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst132BetaDriver.aspx

The notes seem mostly Windows-specific though... hmm

Edit: I'll try installing them and seeing if anything is really different
Path of Exile in Eyefinity: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1320584
Last edited by Espionage724 on Jan 29, 2013, 4:02:21 PM
"
nissarin wrote:
"
haplo602 wrote:
"
julus wrote:

hmmm any WINEDEBUG hint for troubleshooting the Burning Arrow issue ? There's a lot of fixmes normaly, but those just take space and don't help ...
"
haplo602 wrote:

hmmm any WINEDEBUG hint for troubleshooting the Burning Arrow issue ? There's a lot of fixmes normaly, but those just take space and don't help ...

Not really, I tried to run the game with +relay but it was unplayable, perhaps +all,-relay ? Maybe run the game through (wine) windbg, I never really tried that, though.

As a side not: I tried to narrow down the issue with missrendering on os drivers, currently I'm running e3e1ffb2520498584ef402213d0c8aa4303a46a3 (r600/Gallium on 6850) and the game not only is rendered correctly, it also works (i.e. do not hang). So this is quite weird. I'll try to bisect the rendering issue tomorrow (this is quite easy/not so time consuming) and then I might try to find the commit affecting the burning arrow issue (this will be pain in the ass). Maybe this will help to find some clues about real issue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info