[Official] WINE info thread

"
Psycho7765 wrote:
Hi,

does anyone else experience huge fps drops every time something is loaded the first time (a spell, an effect etc.)? While this is just a bit annoying in solo play, it makes 6 player games pretty much unplayable for me.

Between those drops the game runs perfectly fine with 40-70 fps. I'm, using playonlinux / wine1.4.

Btw.: using taskset to assign the client.exe to a single core reduces fps jitter a bit for me and makes the game run smoother.

Got same problem. Game is absolutely unplayable in party. Also game freezes for a sec when some mobs uses they abilities (like alchemists in sewers in act 3).

Also got some problem with fonts. I installed additional fonts for wine and tried different graphical settings, but nothing helps ):
Last edited by ferggren on Jan 29, 2013, 3:27:52 PM
So, I'm on Kubuntu currently with all updates and propertary graphics drivers (AMD). Judging by the appDB, I should run PoE with the latest stable version of Wine (1.4) instead of the latest developer one (1.5.21 I think)?
Path of Exile in Eyefinity: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1320584
"
Espionage724 wrote:
So, I'm on Kubuntu currently with all updates and propertary graphics drivers (AMD). Judging by the appDB, I should run PoE with the latest stable version of Wine (1.4) instead of the latest developer one (1.5.21 I think)?

no higher than 1.5.6, no less than 1.4 :-))
Hi!

I have a silly problem. I have installed and started the game, but when I try to log in the client tells me that there is a newer version that I should update to. Restarting the client does not download any patches. The game itself says that I'm running 0.10.0b, so it's not the latest I suppose.

Is there an option to force the update?
Hmm, so PoE seems to see my GPU as a "Radeon HD 3200", but my GPU is a Radeon HD 7850 (7800 Series). My FPS seems to also be around 37-50, which seems a tad lower than expected possibly.
Path of Exile in Eyefinity: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1320584
Thank you for replies. Unfortunately the fps drop issue also described by ferggren and SilverHorus persists.

Things i've tried so far:

- different wine versions (1.4, 1.5.6, 32 and 64 bit)
- different settings for "OffscreenRenderingMode"
- putting the game into a ramdisk
- various graphics settings in game and driver
- renice, ionice, taskset stuff

My specs:
-i5-3570K quadcore
-8gb ram
-nvidia gtx 560 ti 448 (no ati!)

The problem is also mentioned in the MacOS thread:

"
blackspiral wrote:

Hey guys,

Is Act 3 really laggy for you too ?
Everytime I engage a rare mob with any kind of fx its starts laggin really bad, sometimes it will freeze the game for a couple of seconds.

I't seams to be a known problem on windows anyway (maybe less distict):

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36841/filter-account-type/staff

"
The skill stutter problem when you first use skills is because we're not yet able to preload some of the effects they use (The glow of the skeletons, for example). If it is very slow on your PC, I'd suggest just casting the skills when you first start the game - They should be loaded into memory for the rest of your session.

I also found a comment that gives me a slight hope for the future:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73322
"
I’m getting frequent framerate spikes while playing.

We’re still working on preloading some effects, so you should cast skills like Summon Skeletons that have load-intensive effects before you enter combat. All monster effects will be preloaded in future.
If you have regular framerate spikes, every 2 seconds, then you’ll need to updated your graphics card drivers and adjust your driver settings.
Last edited by Psycho7765 on Jan 29, 2013, 7:52:44 AM
Regarding Wine 1.5.9+ crashes

I run regression test, and identified that after the 2123f049d30cad9d79867999eb49f46211e0e23c commit (usp10: Change OpenType_GSUB_GetFontLangaugeTags to OpenType_GetFontLanguageTags and load languages from GPOS table as well.) Game crashes

The commit is not revertible against current wine, but the crashes possibly can be workarounded by "winetricks usp10" (I was able to run 1.5.22 stable for more than hour with that on OSX). Can somebody please confirm that winetricks usp10 fixes crashes on wine 1.5.9+ ?

Currently I am running final test (wine 1.5.9 with that commit reverted), If the game will be stable for 2 hours, I am opening bug report at winehq.
Last edited by julus on Jan 29, 2013, 8:42:49 AM
"
julus wrote:
Regarding Wine 1.5.9+ crashes

I run regression test, and identified that after the 2123f049d30cad9d79867999eb49f46211e0e23c commit (usp10: Change OpenType_GSUB_GetFontLangaugeTags to OpenType_GetFontLanguageTags and load languages from GPOS table as well.) Game crashes

The commit is not revertible against current wine, but the crashes possibly can be workarounded by "winetricks usp10" (I was able to run 1.5.22 stable for more than hour with that on OSX). Can somebody please confirm that winetricks usp10 fixes crashes on wine 1.5.9+ ?

Currently I am running final test (wine 1.5.9 with that commit reverted), If the game will be stable for 2 hours, I am opening bug report at winehq.

GJ ... I will test 1.5.21 this evening and let you know. Hopefully it fixes the Burning Arrow skill crash too :-) I will have to avoid ROcky Climb for an hour ,...

EDIT: installed 1.5.22, usp10 override, crashed at login screen
Last edited by haplo602 on Jan 29, 2013, 11:55:54 AM
Good day.
in calculate linux 12 xfce on ati radeon 5770 with amd1055t and wine 1.5.6 game sometimes crushes.
one time in 20-30 min i think.
*English not my native language, and it too hard to read so many pages of this topic.
have anyone good build flags of wine? what patches should be used for good game? ))))
"
Psycho7765 wrote:
Thank you for replies. Unfortunately the fps drop issue also described by ferggren and SilverHorus persists.

Things i've tried so far:

- different wine versions (1.4, 1.5.6, 32 and 64 bit)
- different settings for "OffscreenRenderingMode"
- putting the game into a ramdisk
- various graphics settings in game and driver
- renice, ionice, taskset stuff

I found that "UseGLSL"="disabled" remove fps drops for me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info