[Official] WINE info thread

"
SilverHorus wrote:
"
Psycho7765 wrote:
Hi,

does anyone else experience huge fps drops every time something is loaded the first time (a spell, an effect etc.)? While this is just a bit annoying in solo play, it makes 6 player games pretty much unplayable for me.

Between those drops the game runs perfectly fine with 40-70 fps. I'm, using playonlinux / wine1.4.

Btw.: using taskset to assign the client.exe to a single core reduces fps jitter a bit for me and makes the game run smoother.

Sure bro as I said a couple of posts before: I can't play the game with other ppl.

I don't have a clue what to do since I've tried already all tweaks (alsa + nosound + poor graphics + hide global chat - pretty much everything ppl suggested).

I hope somebody finds out what to do... I really would enjoy playing with a full party in Hardcore more!!!

PS: OTHER OS CLIENTS!

try changing OffscreenRenderingMode: "backbuffer", "pbuffer", or "fbo"
Maybe it helps I'm having same problems and I'm trying to find best Direct3D setting
"
haplo602 wrote:

I hit the same problem, it's the skeleton archers firing burning arrows.

Yeah, I also noticed that when I tried to get some debug info from wine and for the moment I tried various configuration options, some tweaks in wine (regedit), nothing works.

Do you use open source or closed source drivers ? I've 6850 with OS drivers (from git), I'll try new version tomorrow but if that fails I see no other option but to poke the devs and ask for help. Perhaps disabling some extension would help. The problem is the is no error whatsoever, it's just some kind of infinite loop, perhaps while compiling the shader, I don't even know if that happens in wine, mesa or in the game itself.

*edit*
I forgot to ask: which version of wine do you use ?
Last edited by nissarin on Jan 27, 2013, 7:50:25 PM
@marceel

TY mate! I'll try these asap.

If anything changes I'll let you guys know.
"
nissarin wrote:
"
haplo602 wrote:

I hit the same problem, it's the skeleton archers firing burning arrows.

Yeah, I also noticed that when I tried to get some debug info from wine and for the moment I tried various configuration options, some tweaks in wine (regedit), nothing works.

Do you use open source or closed source drivers ? I've 6850 with OS drivers (from git), I'll try new version tomorrow but if that fails I see no other option but to poke the devs and ask for help. Perhaps disabling some extension would help. The problem is the is no error whatsoever, it's just some kind of infinite loop, perhaps while compiling the shader, I don't even know if that happens in wine, mesa or in the game itself.

*edit*
I forgot to ask: which version of wine do you use ?

I am using catalyst, so this won't be driver related. Looks like a wine problem. Unfortunately since I don't have a waystone there, it takes too long to test new versions of wine (I'll run into the memory leak crash sooner than I get to the archers).

I'll try with the absolutely lowest graphic settings this evening.

wine 1.5.6 as recommended ... newer ones (tried 1.5.21) crash on memory leak.

EDIT: played on lowest graphical settings (except textures), still getting the crash on Burning Arrow.
Last edited by haplo602 on Jan 28, 2013, 3:53:34 PM
"
killyou wrote:

"
haplo602 wrote:

Hi, you are running OSS drivers (r600_dri.so from the output suggests so)? If yes, do you have S3TC support compiled/enabled via the external library ?

Yes, I'm running open source drivers. unfortunately I don't know what S3Tc is. Could you explain what do You mean?

For now, I'll try to install PoE using skython way.

run glxinfo and grep for "compression", GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc should be in the output. If not, have a look at your distro wiki how to install mesa/gallium3d with libtxc_dxtn (more info on the lib here http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/S3TC).
"
killyou wrote:
Hello.

I have problem with PoE on Wine. Game is opening fine, I can log into my account and choose character. The problem arise when the game map is loading, and error occurs that states : Unable to create texture. D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE Not Available. I read on this topic before, that it could be missing lib32-virtualgl dependence, but installing it doesn't solve problem for me. I tried on Wine 1.4 and 1.5.6. I installed PoE using PlayOnLinux.

Based on the trace you posted, I'd guess your problem is related to the Openal32 driver. That looks to be where the crash is happening.

Try overriding the openal32.dll and see if it helps any.
I had a problem with an update today. My AMD/Ati card proprietary driver got updated and I had a crash on startup since.
The problem was with the package fglrx-updates.

I had to revert back to fglrx.

Just a heads up. Maybe somebody runs into the same problem.

"
haplo602 wrote:

I am using catalyst, so this won't be driver related. Looks like a wine problem. Unfortunately since I don't have a waystone there, it takes too long to test new versions of wine (I'll run into the memory leak crash sooner than I get to the archers).

EDIT: played on lowest graphical settings (except textures), still getting the crash on Burning Arrow.

Good news: I managed to finish the location (no crash !) after updating Mesa (i.e. gfx drivers).

Bad news: new drivers are completely borked, I actually died for the first time (in the prison) due to not knowing wtf is happening around me :D

Drivers comparison:
- new - http://imgur.com/2Hc77yS
- old - http://imgur.com/wmhxOye

Bad news (continued): skeletons firing lightning arrows causes the same effect and since it's pretty unplayable on new drivers I see no other option but to wait for some proper solution.
"
toho111 wrote:
I had a problem with an update today. My AMD/Ati card proprietary driver got updated and I had a crash on startup since.
The problem was with the package fglrx-updates.

I had to revert back to fglrx.

Just a heads up. Maybe somebody runs into the same problem.

updating fglrx drivers is always a mess ... I always shut down X, rmmod the kernel module, rm -r /etc/ati and then update ... otherwise you can run into all sorts of problems with old settings in /etc/ati ...
"
nissarin wrote:
"
haplo602 wrote:

Good news: I managed to finish the location (no crash !) after updating Mesa (i.e. gfx drivers).

Bad news: new drivers are completely borked, I actually died for the first time (in the prison) due to not knowing wtf is happening around me :D

Drivers comparison:
- new - http://imgur.com/2Hc77yS
- old - http://imgur.com/wmhxOye

Bad news (continued): skeletons firing lightning arrows causes the same effect and since it's pretty unplayable on new drivers I see no other option but to wait for some proper solution.

try the new drivers with post processing off and no shadows ? it looks like there's a shader problem somewhere with the new drivers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info