[Official] WINE info thread

"
Sovyn wrote:
I'm finding the lag time loading spell effect assets is less if I set the in-game graphics settings all to their lowest settings (aside from resolution). I'm currently running vsync on, shadows off, AA off, medium textures, trilinear, post proc off, screen shake off. Even though my card "should" be able to handle higher settings, this helps a bit.

Just thought I'd update that, while the above helps while soloing, group play is still very choppy.
PC-BSD 9.1 AMD64
Nvidia Go 7900 GS
Nvidia 304.64 FreeBSD driver
WINE 1.5.22 FreeBSD 64

Got the game to install and play. Space allocation on a ZFS file system took 45 minutes. GLSL was disabled via winetricks.sh. openal32.dll was overridden in winecfg. All settings were put to minimum at 800x600, windowed. Game stutters a bit, probably due to older graphics card.

Played for 5 minutes, killed Hilrock? and exited the game successfully.

Anymore performance suggestions?

-CaptObvious
"
LAG_monster wrote:
Nvidia Go 7900 GS
All settings were put to minimum at 800x600, windowed. Game stutters a bit, probably due to older graphics card.

I think you're right. I went to videocardbenchmark.net and checked how many points did my (not the best) GeForce GTS 250 get and compared it with yours; also added the best GFX score for reference.

GeForce GTX 680 ------ 5,550 points
GeForce GTS 250 ------ 905 points
GeForce Go 7900 GS -- 198 points

Maybe other people with closer to your GFX card score could share their performance?

edit: Forgot to mention how the game runs on my system (running Slackware), 1680x1050 fullscreen, rest is set to minimum or off. The game runs smoothly (except some rare 0.5 sec screenfreezes).
Last edited by elesmod on Feb 3, 2013, 7:08:52 AM
Hi,

Sorry, despite my researches, I did not find how to force the update of PoE under wine ? The client seems to skip the "check for update" part ? We have to install the game again from scratch at every new release (and suffer for the allocating lengths) ?
"
julus wrote:
"
tip0k wrote:
Spoiler
Hello
Guys, I have problem with Wine. Game is opening fine, I can log into my account and choose character. But after that, when the game map is loading, error comes out:
Unable to create texture. D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE Not Available.

Can you help me please? I'm desperate.

Distro: ArchLinux
kernel: 3.7.5-1-ARCH x86_64
video: intel i915 driver - adapter_name=Intel(R) Ivybridge Desktop
wine: 1.5.22-1
Desktop enviroment: i3 WM
Audio system: alsa/jack

prefix configuration:
winetricks d3dx9_36 vcrun2010 sound=alsa
openal32 native (windows)
virtual desktop 1024x768

1) use wine 1.5.6 (1.5.22 crashes without usp10 patch).
2) try UseGLSL=enabled.
3) AFAIK game uses d3dx9_42

Thank you for respond.
The problem was not in wine version. But 1.5.6 is a really good one for this game. Now it works.
UseGLSL was enabled. Without GLSL the game shows only user interface on black background. (intel graphics)

I spend all day trying. The problem was in missing offscreen rendering libs. For Archlinux its osmesa and lib32-osmesa packages.
"
What should I do to fix the game so it runs on Linux? I get a message saying: D3DERR not available.

It shows up when I'm trying to load into Twilight Strand after creating a character.

What Linux distro you are using? I think you should check all packages related to mesa. Specially the 32bit ones. Also check that you have 32bit version of your video driver installed.
Just reporting that I got the game running fairly well with wine 1.5.22
Loading is very slow from a normal HDD. I recommend running the game off SSD if possible.

My setup is AMD Phenom II 965, Nvidia GT460, 8 GB RAM, Kubuntu 12.10
winetricks usp10 vcrun2010 d3dx9_36 glsl=disabled

Only problem I have is that if I ever minimize the game window, the window display will fail to update when I restore the window, and I will have to restart the game.
"
Sexygillou wrote:
Sorry, despite my researches, I did not find how to force the update of PoE under wine ? The client seems to skip the "check for update" part ? We have to install the game again from scratch at every new release (and suffer for the allocating lengths) ?

The patcher screen goes by in a blip for me, but it's actually been updating fine every time there is a new patch. No problem with that. Game installs and patches very quickly on my SSD. Loading is somewhat slow (approx. 30 sec), but faster than a friend who uses a mechanical hard drive. (This is on Wine 1.5.6 via PlayOnLinux, but self compiled Wine 1.4 was exactly the same. OS is Ubuntu 12.04 on EXT4 file system.)
Last edited by Sovyn on Feb 3, 2013, 4:47:26 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Sexygillou wrote:

The patcher screen goes by in a blip for me, but it's actually been updating fine every time there is a new patch. No problem with that. Game installs and patches very quickly on my SSD. Loading is somewhat slow (approx. 30 sec), but faster than a friend who uses a mechanical hard drive. (This is on Wine 1.5.6 via PlayOnLinux, but self compiled Wine 1.4 was exactly the same. OS is Ubuntu 12.04 on EXT4 file system.)

If you don't like the patcher windows to auto start, add --require-launch as starting parameter.
"
julus wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Sexygillou wrote:

If you don't like the patcher windows to auto start, add --require-launch as starting parameter.

Thanks for that, but I meant that the patcher goes by in literally a blip - maybe half a second. So, no need to bypass for me at least. I meant that, after the patching is all done the game takes maybe 30 seconds to load up.

Not a complaint, I'm patient. Was just replying to "Sexygillou". No idea if anything I said was helpful though. :)
Last edited by Sovyn on Feb 3, 2013, 9:03:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info