[Official] WINE info thread

i have this mostly working on linux mint, i think i might have to reinstall though, it is taking one to three hours to "allocate space" and then sometimes all i get for a game window is a one and half inch by one inch game window that i really cannot read, but it will play in that window.
"
Iceytiger wrote:
i have this mostly working on linux mint, i think i might have to reinstall though, it is taking one to three hours to "allocate space" and then sometimes all i get for a game window is a one and half inch by one inch game window that i really cannot read, but it will play in that window.

That allocating space thing can take a long time on slow hardware.

That resolution thing is a bug with windowed mode not working with resizing then closing from the WM. From http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/40655/page/1#p547389:

"
ionface wrote:
My resolution settings are stored in
~/.wine/drive_c/users/${USER}/My\ Documents/My\ Games/Path\ of\ Exile/production_Config.ini

Confirmed. In windowed mode, any resolution manipulations from the WM (stretching it out from the corner) then exiting the client by closing the window (with the the top-corner "x" usually) will set the saved resolution as 0x0 (yes custom, but not working like Windowed Fullscreen does).

Just go to ~/My Games and change the resolution in the ini file.
Last edited by ionface on Sep 15, 2012, 5:05:31 PM
Got it working almost 'out of the box', using http://repo.or.cz/w/wine/multimedia.git, a user maintained wine multimedia branch, containing pulseaudio support and various multimedia patches.

I used the wine-multimedia-git package in AUR (I'm on Arch Linux) to patch the multimedia branch against the current wine git tree. Resulting wine --version is: wine-1.5.9-35-g740edad

Installation worked with the usual "wine msiexec /i PathOfExileInstaller.msi"
Note that the Gecko Engine is required in order to display Patch Notes.

I copied Content.ggpk from my Windows installation and had a fully playable game with no errors and working sound.

Arch Linux x86_64, Kernel 3.5.3-1, X.org with XFCE4, NVIDIA (binary) 304.43
Last edited by puck on Sep 13, 2012, 4:23:14 PM
Game work great in Wine for me but am getting constant crash in the Rocky Climb level. Anybody know if it a wine issue or a reported bug of that level.
"
madhi19 wrote:
Game work great in Wine for me but am getting constant crash in the Rocky Climb level. Anybody know if it a wine issue or a reported bug of that level.

It's the sound bug with openal soft 1.13 (32-bit library). Read through this thread for a number of suggestions.
"
ionface wrote:
"
madhi19 wrote:

It's the sound bug with openal soft 1.13 (32-bit library). Read through this thread for a number of suggestions.

Thank for the help I check it out. I been hitting my head on that level crash all weekend. Should have asked sooner.
Ok fellow nix users, have updated my hardware reinstalled ubuntu 12.04 x64 and this time used play on linux and ran the supplied script , after the usual allocating space wait all installed fine installed vcrun2005 , manually told pol the size of my graphics memory, used openal32 override ran in debug mode first to play with graphics setting ,turn shadow off and screen shake off . Shut it down then ran from desktop icon changed to full screen 1680x1050 ran it and it works like a dream.no issues at all to speak of even turned shadows back on! (Except the font thing) ill hope everyone is having as good experience as i am.
Cheers
I upgraded to Ubuntu 12.10 and it stopped working. :/

I get the black screen and nothing happens. I tried disabling GLSL like someone advised but it does not help.
Anyone else having sound issues in the latest patch, 12.04x64 sound has stopped working it does not crash though so is playable but need the sound
Hello there,

I was directed to this page to try and install something so I can play PoE on my Mac. I am not a programmer, nor a coder. I cook for a living. I enjoy playing this game, and will enjoy doing so again in the future, if someone can please simplify this for me. I have no understanding of what I am supposed to be doing with these links and instructions. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thank you. Cheers,

Antonie La Chappelle (zengrey) mzgrey@hotmail.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info