[Official] WINE info thread

I got it to work using PlayOnLinux running the installer. Got it to work using wine 1.3.2 (Newer versions caused msvcr100.dll errors).

It took about 5 hours for the allocating space issue, and downloaded in about 1.5. I was dreading loading the game but it actually ran INCREDIBLY well. Sound worked almost perfectly, few hiccups here and there, and the FPS was steadidly 50-60. I tried to disable vsynch and it crashed wine, so I have to leave that on. With a few other settings my FPS goes from 60-110.

The only issue I experience is frame rate hiccups from time to time that seems to slow the game down, but it's manageable.

Using Ubuntu 12.04, got a Quadcore FX-5200 or something processor, 8gigs of ram and a 9600 GSO.
"
I got it to work using PlayOnLinux running the installer. Got it to work using wine 1.3.2 (Newer versions caused msvcr100.dll errors).

It took about 5 hours for the allocating space issue, and downloaded in about 1.5. I was dreading loading the game but it actually ran INCREDIBLY well. Sound worked almost perfectly, few hiccups here and there, and the FPS was steadidly 50-60. I tried to disable vsynch and it crashed wine, so I have to leave that on. With a few other settings my FPS goes from 60-110.

The only issue I experience is frame rate hiccups from time to time that seems to slow the game down, but it's manageable.

Using Ubuntu 12.04, got a Quadcore FX-5200 or something processor, 8gigs of ram and a 9600 GSO.

Hi there,

thats quite strange. Running LinuxMint (based on Ubuntu 12.04)
I cant start the game using wine1.5.x cause it crashes right after I click on the launch button. wine1.4 is working fine but my frames are nowhere close to yours. Running a i5@4GHZ 16gb Ram and a GTX580 with 302.07beta drivers. I have about 60maxfps but from time to time drops to about 20frames @ 1440x900 windowed mode.
-openal32 lib is replaced and vcrun2008 installed-

So I upgrade to the latest version of PlayOnLinux, starting the game using wine1.5.10 and the framerates are even worse. Constant drops to just a few fps + graphic bugs. I guess I'll stay with 1.4
Last edited by carcass667 on Aug 6, 2012, 12:59:34 PM
Can someone detail how exactly to apply the patch referenced in the original post? (The second patch mentioned that is)
I am running Xubuntu 3.2.0-29-generic x86_64 on my desktop as dual boot with Win 7 and 3.4.7-1-ARCH i686 (yes, thats uname -a copy & paste, because I'm lazy today) on my laptop to work with. I haven't tried to use PoE on Arch because I actually only want to work on that laptop and don't want to be tempted all the time :)
However, PoE refuses to work properly on Ubuntu. The installation commenced slow (6 hrs) but steady, yet I cannot play with more than 3 fps. I tried lowering the graphics settings and every winetricks suggestion provided here ore in the WineHQ Database. The --nosound option also showed no difference at all.

I didn't try out the patch suggested in the first post as I decided to overcome my laziness and just reboot ... *sigh*

Last edited by Liobia on Aug 11, 2012, 2:12:25 AM
The only thing keeping me from supporting this game with $250+ is the lack of native Linux support. Running with Wine is ok, but not optimal.

That will not keep me from playing this game though, since I love Diablo 2 (and hate Diablo 3), using my pirated version of Windows 7.

Playing good and polished games on Linux is a dream coming true with some titles (Bastion is a great example), but I understand that it won't happen in one minute. I support who supports Linux, that's all.
Last edited by DarkMantle on Aug 13, 2012, 9:34:28 AM
"
Liobia wrote:
I am running Xubuntu 3.2.0-29-generic x86_64 on my desktop as dual boot with Win 7 and 3.4.7-1-ARCH i686 (yes, thats uname -a copy & paste, because I'm lazy today) on my laptop to work with. I haven't tried to use PoE on Arch because I actually only want to work on that laptop and don't want to be tempted all the time :)
However, PoE refuses to work properly on Ubuntu. The installation commenced slow (6 hrs) but steady, yet I cannot play with more than 3 fps. I tried lowering the graphics settings and every winetricks suggestion provided here ore in the WineHQ Database. The --nosound option also showed no difference at all.

I didn't try out the patch suggested in the first post as I decided to overcome my laziness and just reboot ... *sigh*

All very strange as I'm running ubuntu 12.04 completely updated using wine from repos (x64) with an older graphics card nvidia 8600gt 2 gig ram and quad core amd chip full screen 1650x1060, no issues really to speak of. I remember when i first installed poe that it took a few hours to allocate space, when i start game might have to wait for 2 minutes before log in screen appears, obvious frame refresh issues in vaal ruins level 2, but that's just my older computer, other than that i have found the game works completely fine.
Debian Squeeze (stable) with xfce4
Amd64 2800
nVidia 7600gs 256mb
2GB Ram

using nvidia driver: 195.36.31 (from squeeze repository)
with nvidia-glx package installed

Client.exe ran, allocated space and installed fine via PlayOnlinux (not using a POL script) 2 nights ago.

Didn't have chance to test as shortly after my dog bowled over my case causing a shock to the HDD and causing a hard reset and it corrupted a great deal of my root partition. :(

So i formatted and reinstalled Squeeze on root partition with same setup. setup vcrun2005 for prefix also.
Even after running "apt-get -f install" after installing nvidia-glx PlayOnLinux complains "PlayOnLinux is unable to find 32bits OpenGL libraries." on startup - glxgears tool shows gl running smoothly :/
I ignore that and am now confronted with this error in PlayOnLinux - even when i install using their supported script (released today it seems)
"
[08/18/12 17:32:24] - Running wine-1.4 Client.exe (Working directory : /home/mrduncalau/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/pathofexile/drive_c/Program Files/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile)
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
Line 1: No categories have been specified
fixme:dbghelp:elf_search_auxv can't find symbol in module
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code e0000001 flags 0 addr 0x7b83b9f2

It appears im missing some debugging symbols, and google searching has been no help at all with only solutions for Steam which have not worked in my case. With them i might be able to figure out what the heck has happened... However, without any decent debugging output, (i get the same output when running from console too) i'm a bit lost in the dark as to what to do :(

Anyone have any solutions, been at this for hours now, can't for the life of me tell whats missing...

Continued from last post
Upgraded Debian to Wheezy. Fixed gl messages.
Still same error running from wine or play on linux as above.

addtionally, output from winedbg, not sure if this is related :S
"
WineDbg starting on pid 0024
start_process () at /build/buildd-wine_1.4.1-1-i386-0qEjMS/wine-1.4.1/build32/dlls/kernel32/../../../dlls/kernel32/process.c:1083
0x7b85c7f3 start_process+0x53 [/build/buildd-wine_1.4.1-1-i386-0qEjMS/wine-1.4.1/build32/dlls/kernel32/../../../dlls/kernel32/process.c:1083] in kernel32: movl %edi,0x4(%esp)
Unable to access file '/build/buildd-wine_1.4.1-1-i386-0qEjMS/wine-1.4.1/build32/dlls/kernel32/../../../dlls/kernel32/process.c'
Wine-dbg>

hmm hope someone has ideas, winehq and google have been no help.

EDIT:
yeah seems something strange is a foot - heres 2 different wine versions output
"
[08/19/12 00:24:40] - Running wine-1.4 Client.exe
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code e0000001 flags 0 addr 0x7b83b9f2
[08/19/12 00:25:13] - Running wine-1.3.2 Client.exe
wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\plugplay.exe"
fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl unsupported WS_IOCTL cmd (9800012c)
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl unsupported WS_IOCTL cmd (9800012c)
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0xf5e914, overlapped 0xf5e918): stub
wine: configuration in '/home/mrduncalau/.PlayOnLinux//wineprefix/pathofexile' has been updated.
wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\CrashUpload.exe"
wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\CrashUpload.exe"
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code e0000001 flags 0 addr 0x7b8384f2

Client.exe is crapping out somehow... - clearly can't get a decent stacktrace. :(
Last edited by promega on Aug 18, 2012, 9:42:42 AM
Hi everyone. Is it possible to request resurrection of a hardcore character if I dead because of client crash during loading of instance? Are there any proofs on client side? I did'n find any in logs and no crashdump was generated (I believe it's my fault), but there is a tool CrashUpload.exe which could success in uploading of a dump...
sorry =) i read the topic name incorrectly +) please disregard previous post. my whine differs from wine you use here %)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info