[Official] WINE info thread

Is it better to do this or to use the mac client that is posted here http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/29460/page/16????
"
Distress3 wrote:

I later ran in to a bug in the Rocky Climb area where it crashed about half a minute after i entered the area, no matter what I did.

Sounds like the lightning arrow/burning arrow sound bug. Did you do all the openal32 tips or try with no sound?
It's working! :)

Thank you guys for openal32 tip. Setting it to native in winecfg helped and I'm now happy camper.
Yes please make sure the Linux crowd is heard! I don't have Windows so I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED! Native client would be amazing pleaaaaase?!?!!!eleveneleven
i like big crits and i cannot lie, you otha brothas cant denyyy....
Now that there is for really real a steam client coming to linux, I think the viability of a native linux client has gone up quite a bit.
"
crl775m wrote:
Now that there is for really real a steam client coming to linux, I think the viability of a native linux client has gone up quite a bit.

PoE uses the DirectX API, an abstraction layer which is emulated by wine. I don't think they can just stop using that and make the graphics and stuff in OpenGL, it's less likely that ~6 programmers could support a port to an OS as varied as Linux, so it's more likely we will keep using compatibility layers for this game.

I would like a native installer/launcher though, if they could package up something with their little sync program and made it depend on wine and whatever libraries the game client needs, then sent it out to the distros to add to their repositories, it would bring a lot of eyes to their game.

Havent Tried Myself So I Have To Ask , What Is The Performance Of The Game Under Wine? Is It Playable?
"
NickTheGreek wrote:
Havent Tried Myself So I Have To Ask , What Is The Performance Of The Game Under Wine? Is It Playable?

It's normal.
"
NickTheGreek wrote:

Absolutely fine under ubuntu 12.04 x64 with wine from repositories and al32 enabled. I have a older nvidia card 8600GTX so turned shadows off. Works like a charm.
One thing i forgot to mention was the time some of us are experiencing when starting game sometimes a couple of minutes, but once loaded all good

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info