[Official] WINE info thread

I feel like most of the problems you guys encounter are with PulseAudio, Arch-systemd (thanks Lennart Poettering), too high a graphics setting (no virtual windows resizing), and generally because of dedicated graphics and especially NVidia.

Anyone here actually have an Intel MOBO with integrated GPU or AMD APU?
kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbFE90QKJIw
vs
adults https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzysxHGZCAU
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 business a-blazing but no more t-shirts
Last edited by FullCust on May 24, 2016, 7:13:53 AM
"
VodkaBorschGG wrote:
The CPU theory is interesting, I wonder if anyone with AMD processor is experiencing the same problem. Or maybe it only affects a specific mix of CPU/GPU/etc. That would be a pain to pinpoint.

So far 100% of people posting with AMD CPUs report no problems, regardless of whether their GPU is AMD of nvidia. This has been the case for about 10 pages or so now.

"
FullCust wrote:
I feel like most of the problems you guys encounter are with PulseAudio, Arch-systemd (thanks Lennart Poettering), too high a graphics setting (no virtual windows resizing), and generally because of dedicated graphics and especially NVidia.

This is pretty interesting, but I honestly can't be fucked uninstalling pulse and setting up alsa for this shit (and obviously fuck trying to remove Poettering's curse from Arch)
I have FX8350 and gtx970 and i have all the problems too.
1.9.10 with glsl disabled is running pretty smooth (looking at fps counter), but cant play with this graphic bug... :/

About alsa on arch, i Was runnning the game like this before (no pulseaudio) so it can be done.

I think for me last working wine with disableg GLSL was 1.9.6, i will test it later.
Last edited by HeniekHardkor on May 28, 2016, 6:06:45 AM
Ok i just tested it and.... "GLSL disabled" works again...
I tested it on previous wine versions and it's also working.

Versions 1.9.5 - 1.9.9 staging all works (no graphic glitches) but the performance is really bad, like 25fps in HO (didnt have this problem before)

On 1.9.10 stag its 70fps in HO

i dont know why it works now? maybe it was a driver not a wine?

I have 364.19 driver

Someone pls test it
Last edited by HeniekHardkor on May 28, 2016, 7:07:44 AM
For the most part, everything is running really well, however, every 4 or 5 hours PoE dies with the following:

This always happens when switching instances.

On occasion, WINEDEBUG output has shown:

"
radeon: mmap failed, errno: 12

but I'm not convinced it's related. as it's inconsistent. Dmesg and journalctl show nothing related either.

Looking around the forum, the error, for Windows users at least, seems to suggest an issue related to the usable memory limit on 32 bit systems, or perhaps limited GPU ram, neither of which seems applicable here.

I'm running 64 bit Tumbleweed with a 64 bit wine prefix (I did try a 32 bit prefix but it made no difference, if anything the game felt more 'sluggish'). The system has 16GB or physical ram and the GPU 2GB. During game-play, I typically see the system ram at around 3.5/4GB (firefox uses around 1GB+ of that) and GPU vram around 500MB. The swap file is barely used. For what it's worth, I've also tried different settings for 'texture_quality' in production_Config.ini.

Any ideas?
"
"
VodkaBorschGG wrote:

Specs:
- Wine-staging 1.9.9-1
- 32-bit wineprefix with $export WINEDEBUG=-all
- Not using PlayOnLinux
- winetricks-git 20160329.r1.g05aef56-1
- Arch Linux
- 4.5.4-1-ck x86_64 GNU/Linux
- nvidia-ck-piledriver 364.19-3
- AMD X4 760k
- Nvidia GTX 750
- 6GB RAM

UPDATE: I downgraded to wine-staging 1.9.4-1 (this exact version because according to wine devs, CSMT has been disabled since 1.9.5 and above, the option is there just for the looks) and with GLSL disabled the FPS are fine, hopping between 60-110. I have everything set to high except shadows which are turned off completely (setting them to high decreases fps by about 30 and introduces the occasional stuttering).

TL;DR Downgrade your wine version to 1.9.4.

I've been waiting for someone with specs like yours to post results.
This means the lag-while-regening is caused by wine under Intel CPUs. But I still have no idea why.

Still getting awful FPS here:

Specs:
- Wine-staging 1.9.4 / 1.9.10 / 1.9.11
- 64-bit wineprefix
- Using PlayOnLinux
- Arch Linux
- 4.5.4-1-ck x86_64 GNU/Linux
- nvidia-ck 364.19-3
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz
- Nvidia GTX 970
- 4GB RAM

As previously, framerate is all over the place while any kind of degen is in effect. My Voltaxic Sparker drops from 200fps to 10fps when sparking a pack of mobs. Tried 1.9.4, 1.9.10 and 1.9.11 all with GLSL=disabled and CSMT=enabled, no luck with any version.
I hope that the 2.3 patches don't break things again. Reminder - my logoff macro for Linux users may be found here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1624141
"
CookieTough2 wrote:
I hope that the 2.3 patches don't break things again. Reminder - my logoff macro for Linux users may be found here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1624141

you dont need to advertise your macro here when 90% of the people posting cant even get their game in a playable state
Chill out dude, the title of the thread is "[Official] WINE info thread" I've only mentioned the macro as a way to help other players - aka "info." If it helps 10%, I think that's a good thing. No need to start flaming.
Hacky script I use to run POE, contains various hints / info for customization of wine prefix, wine version, game location, etc. Normally I run POE from a ramdisk which is setup in another script. Some sections are old / outdated.
--------------------------------------------
#!/bin/bash
#
echo "Starting poe5.sh" # Name of this script

#### Set wine prefix $WP
H=".wine-poe-32"
WP=$HOME/$H
cd $WP

echo "WINE prefix" $WP

#### Set wine version $W
#W=/usr
#W="$HOME/wine-git/wine-1.7.42"
#W="/usr/local/bin/wine-1.7.26"
#W=$HOME/wine-staging/1.9.4 #48 1.8-rc2
#W=$HOME//wine-staging/1.9.8
W=$HOME/wine-git/wine-1.9.11

echo "WINE version:" $W

export WINEVERPATH=$W
export PATH=$W/bin:$PATH
export WINESERVER=$W/bin/wineserver
export WINELOADER=$W/bin/wine
export WINEDLLPATH=$W/lib/wine/fakedlls
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$W/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
export WINEPREFIX=$WP
export WINEDEBUG=-all

#### Run winecfg
#$W/bin/winecfg

#### Get winetricks
#wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Winetricks/winetricks/master/src/winetricks
#chmod +x winetricks

#### Run winetricks

#./winetricks -q vcrun2015 d3dx9_42 d3dcompiler_43 riched20 usp10

#### Run game installer
#cd $H
#$WINELOADER msiexec /i PathOfExileInstaller.msi

echo "Starting POE"

# Hard Drive
#echo "from Hard Drive"
#cd $WP/drive_c/Prog*/Grind*/Path*/
#nice -n -15 $WINELOADER explorer /desktop=beta,800x600 $WP/drive_c/Prog*/Grind*/Path*/Client.exe

# RAMDISK
echo "from RAM disk"
cd /tmp/ramdisk/POE
nice -n -18 $WINELOADER explorer /desktop=ramdisk,1920x1020 /tmp/ramdisk/POE/Client.exe

#$WINELOADER winecfg

# Flash / usb drive
#echo "from flash/usb drive"
#cd /media/49D695EF2CC4FCB5/"Path of Exile"
#nice -n -15 $WINELOADER explorer /desktop=flash,800x600 /media/49D695EF2CC4FCB5/"Path of Exile"/Client.exe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info