[Official] WINE info thread

Anyone solved the clipboard issue? it would be so cool, if we could get AHK-something to work...
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ - I suck at this game.
"
Dionisis21 wrote:
Give it back!!

Casual Spam? o_O
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ - I suck at this game.
Last edited by mycaravam on May 6, 2016, 12:50:20 PM
I had a problem with stuttering with the latest staging version and found that wine was logging a huge amount of debug information to disk. Starting the game with WINEDEBUG=-all dramatically increased my framerate and eliminated stuttering.
Last edited by Aristal on May 9, 2016, 12:54:08 AM
I'm also having stuttering/low FPS. The performance dropped considerably either since the new Wine-staging release or since the Perandus league started.

Specs:
- Wine-staging 1.9.9-1
- 32-bit wineprefix with $export WINEDEBUG=-all
- Not using PlayOnLinux
- winetricks-git 20160329.r1.g05aef56-1
- Arch Linux
- 4.5.4-1-ck x86_64 GNU/Linux
- nvidia-ck-piledriver 364.19-3
- AMD X4 760k
- Nvidia GTX 750
- 6GB RAM

Disabling GLSL fixes the stuttering and FPS graph seems to be more or less flat line instead of something more similar to a cardiogram. But doing so makes the image mirrored with the center axis being BL->TR diagonal (Page 143 @mruuh's image).

Terminal shows no additional output besides the occasional error followed by game crash if I switch to another work-space. A workaround for me is simply launching PoE in a seperate X server.

So far it seems all we can to do is wait for a new wine-staging version. Maybe downgrading would help, but I don't feel like testing that right now.

UPDATE: I downgraded to wine-staging 1.9.4-1 (this exact version because according to wine devs, CSMT has been disabled since 1.9.5 and above, the option is there just for the looks) and with GLSL disabled the FPS are fine, hopping between 60-110. I have everything set to high except shadows which are turned off completely (setting them to high decreases fps by about 30 and introduces the occasional stuttering).

TL;DR Downgrade your wine version to 1.9.4.
Last edited by VodkaBorschGG on May 16, 2016, 10:32:42 AM
"
VodkaBorschGG wrote:
I'm also having stuttering/low FPS. The performance dropped considerably either since the new Wine-staging release or since the Perandus league started.

Specs:
- Wine-staging 1.9.9-1
- Not using PlayOnLinux
- Arch Linux
- AMD X4 760k
- Nvidia GTX 750
- 6GB RAM

Disabling GLSL fixes the stuttering and FPS graph seems to be more or less flat line instead of something more similar to a cardiogram. But doing so makes the image mirrored with the center axis being BL->TR diagonal (Page 143 @mruuh's image).

Terminal shows no additional output besides the occasional error followed by game crash if I switch to another work-space. A workaround for me is simply launching PoE in a seperate X server.

So far it seems all we can to do is wait for a new wine-staging version. Maybe downgrading would help, but I don't feel like testing that right now.

UPDATE: I downgraded to wine-staging 1.9.4-1 (this exact version because according to wine devs, CSMT has been disabled since 1.9.5 and above, the option is there just for the looks) and with GLSL disabled the FPS are fine, hopping between 60-110. I have everything set to high except shadows which are turned off completely (setting them to high decreases fps by about 30 and introduces the occasional stuttering).

Hi,

I tested following your instructions (with Play on Linux though) running 1.9.4 with CSMT enabled. It did not help in my case though but it might be some other configuration missing. I'm running on all settings on the lowest (possible in game) but I'm still experiencing extreme stuttering when regeneration health/energy shield and mana. Drops down to a lowest of 5 FPS when doing a test run.

My specs:
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
- 16GB RAM
- SSD
- GeForce GTX 670 (with nvidia binary blob 364.19)
- Gentoo Linux x86_64
- Wine version (with PoL) 1.9.4-staging
- GLSL Support: disabled
- Video memory size: 2048

If I might have missed some vital configuration please tell.

"

Wine Staging 1.9.10 was just released and re-enables CSMT. Good news for all Linux users playing Windows games.
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Wine-Staging-1.9.10

Last edited by Wicla on May 20, 2016, 10:56:53 AM
"
VodkaBorschGG wrote:

Specs:
- Wine-staging 1.9.9-1
- Not using PlayOnLinux
- Arch Linux
- AMD X4 760k
- Nvidia GTX 750
- 6GB RAM

I've been waiting for someone with specs like yours to post results.

This means the lag-while-regening is caused by wine under Intel CPUs. But I still have no idea why.
Hello,
I've been using the same setup since July 2014, POE worked for me with no problems (well graphics on low) until yesterday patch 2.2.2d. Now the installer starts, checks the resources for five to ten seconds and then crashes.

I noticed that the first post has not been updated since 2013. Is there a more recent guide in one of the 145 pages of the topic? I'm thinking to reinstall from scratch and use the occasion to move to ubuntu 16.4 LTS. Unless you can help me troubleshooting

My specs right now:
ubuntu 14.4 LTS
playonlinux 4.2.10
wine 1.7.17-WGL_WINE_SURFACE
memory 8gb
cpu intel i3-3110M
gpu bumblebee NVIDIA GeForce 820M (1gb) (prrietary 340)

Thanks a lot in advance
"
Baraqel wrote:
Hello,
I've been using the same setup since July 2014, POE worked for me with no problems (well graphics on low) until yesterday patch 2.2.2d. Now the installer starts, checks the resources for five to ten seconds and then crashes.

I noticed that the first post has not been updated since 2013. Is there a more recent guide in one of the 145 pages of the topic? I'm thinking to reinstall from scratch and use the occasion to move to ubuntu 16.4 LTS. Unless you can help me troubleshooting

My specs right now:
ubuntu 14.4 LTS
playonlinux 4.2.10
memory 8gb
cpu intel i3-3110M

Thanks a lot in advance

Ok it was much easier than expected.
--1) download playonlinux
--2) open it and search for install pathofexile
--3) follow the instructions
--4) after installing, before running poe I did these pre-emptively so I'm not sure if needed:
----4A) select pathofexile -> configure -> install components -> vcrun2010 and usp10
----4B) select pathofexile -> configure -> display -> disable GLSL support
--5) OPTIONAL if you have a copy of Content.ggpk use it to overwrite the empty one that the installation created
--6) run pathofexile
--7) Audio didn't work right off the start, but selecting in the options sound->device->generic software device did the trick
That's a shame that the problem is more difficult to solve than just a simple version downgrade. The CPU theory is interesting, I wonder if anyone with AMD processor is experiencing the same problem. Or maybe it only affects a specific mix of CPU/GPU/etc. That would be a pain to pinpoint.

Also yaay for 1.9.10, will update right away.

"
Baraqel wrote:
Hello,

My specs right now:
ubuntu 14.4 LTS
playonlinux 4.2.10
memory 8gb
cpu intel i3-3110M

Thanks a lot in advance

Path of Exile wiki Wine thread provides plenty of guidance. You might have to tweak a thing or two though. For example, I had problems setting Windows version to 8 (Steam kept crashing. It started working to me if I set to 8 it just after creating Wine prefix) and it was a pain to get PoE to work on 64-bit Wine prefix (32bit texture quality is limited to medium).

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_on_Wine

EDIT: Upgraded to 1.9.10 but the weird screen glitches with GLSL disabled still remain. Back to 1.9.4 I guess.
Last edited by VodkaBorschGG on May 21, 2016, 10:19:04 AM
Spoiler
As a follow-up to my last post.

I've updated to 1.9.10 (using Play on Linux) and enabled CSMT which itself didn't help. Looking again at the link in previous post I made sure that 'vcrun2015 riched20 usp10' are installed in my wine prefix and I actually got a better experience!

It falls to ~30 FPS instead of ~5 FPS in some situations and it's no longer stuttering. However I've only done one Aqueduct run.. Just an update!

Nvm.. Just running through the belly of the beast and it drops significantly.
Last edited by Wicla on May 20, 2016, 3:39:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info