FoxTactic's - Righteous Arcer\Surgeon - No update for 1.2

"
supernukem wrote:
Yes the skill is awesome! waiting for a fox update

Fox's arc dps is just....incredible on the stream
He confirmed echo + arc too op at this stage..We might see nerf inc xD..
But self-casters need some love~
IGN: WrathGirlPOE
"
NickChaos wrote:
"
supernukem wrote:

I dissagree. This skill takes away one of the key factors of the build, control. It will cause your death more often than you'd like. The gem forces a double cast, which with our cast speed is very fast, but might still cause us to miss a lightning warp when we need to.

All in all I think it's a huge upgrade for map clearing, but when it comes to complicated content (atziri, palace dominus, etc.) then I would just sub in your faster casting. Keep it in your inventory.
IGN: NoInspirationHere
"
pusLe wrote:
"
NickChaos wrote:
"
supernukem wrote:

I dissagree. This skill takes away one of the key factors of the build, control. It will cause your death more often than you'd like. The gem forces a double cast, which with our cast speed is very fast, but might still cause us to miss a lightning warp when we need to.

All in all I think it's a huge upgrade for map clearing, but when it comes to complicated content (atziri, palace dominus, etc.) then I would just sub in your faster casting. Keep it in your inventory.

It also reduces the damage dealt per hit and thus may reduce the number of shock stacks...
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
"

It also reduces the damage dealt per hit and thus may reduce the number of shock stacks...

No it does not reduce the damage per hit. The quality will take care of that.
IGN: NoInspirationHere
Last edited by pusLe on Jul 3, 2014, 12:34:46 PM
"
pusLe wrote:
"

No it does not reduce the damage per hit. The quality will take care of that.

increase =/= more

Echo has "less damage" as implicit and "increased damage" for the quality. "Less damage" is multiplicative, "increased damage" is additive. Overall your damager per hit will be less.

Good read: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Modifiers

Btw, I just sat down and made the calculations for faster casting vs lightning penetration and lightning penetration is definitely better than fast casting.

Also, if empower is only level 2, faster casting would add more damage than empower (but empower would increase the single hit damage, i.e. increase the shock duration / chance to shock).
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Jul 3, 2014, 1:18:59 PM
If i dont have the Empower gem, what gem i can use?
"
SpitfireXD wrote:
If i dont have the Empower gem, what gem i can use?

If you really can't get one, use spell echo as your forth gem.

The new gem is amazing overall. Even a 5l with echo in it gives me more dps then in the helmet while keeping the Lightning Pen.
perhaps its now better to use my 6linked coil, Wonder how i go about getting 5-6 off colours :D
Echo is pretty OP indeed... But would that be really worth it to 6L it ? What would be the links ?
- Arc
- Empower
- Lightning pen
- Echo
- Faster casting
- ??

And we would loose the +1 lvl to gem from The Vertex or Geofri's. Some calculation needs to be done :)
"
nolife4you wrote:
Echo is pretty OP indeed... But would that be really worth it to 6L it ? What would be the links ?
- Arc
- Empower
- Lightning pen
- Echo
- Faster casting
- ??

And we would loose the +1 lvl to gem from The Vertex or Geofri's. Some calculation needs to be done :)

added lightning is all i can think of.. but gl getting 5 off colours on coil though.
and i think 50% cast speed or w/e from faster casting trumps +2 level to arc, especially since it gets scaled by echo's 'more' cast speed multiplier.
and definitely if added lightning is added.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info