Latest of GGG failures - Vertex

"
This is unintended and will be fixed.

Phew. Thanks for letting us know.

So is there going to be a legacy vertex or two that does this or is this a mechanical change that'll be retroactive?
"
Bunnu wrote:
"

So is there going to be a legacy vertex or two that does this or is this a mechanical change that'll be retroactive?

The fix will be retroactive.
"
But how did this escape GGG's notice when introducing Vertex to the game?

USE YOUR ALPHA TESTERS.

They aren't to blame.

This only shows that some devs don't put much thought behind their ideas and last second ideas make it to the game.

The gloves are a poor excuse to remove change last second change Vaal Pact.

The helm makes it into the game being broken.

Then we get something like "You can't chance the Atziri uniques" but on the other side you can't Vaal Orb generate them either.....

"
Bunnu wrote:
"

GGG cannot let this be a legacy item. It must be retroactive. It would be disrespectful to the community to allow a broken item to persist in the game.

This is what I want to see. From Chris.

1. An announcement that the item is being fixed, admit they made a mistake.
2. Apologize for letting the item slide into the game in a broken state.
3. Lay out a clear statement that they will take definite steps, making policy and workflow changes where necessary in the office, to ensure something this broken does not enter the live server again on an item.

Personally I feel this is necessary, for public relations. While I understand that sometimes mistakes are made, I don't believe this is a mistake that can be just brushed off as a small 'oops'. As a feature item in new content, this should not have happened. And is indicative of design problems in the office.

This is why I feel the community deserves an official statement from Chris detailing how this error occurred and steps being done so this does not happen again.
stop over moderating that makes the official forums useless
"

Thank god!
"
Spysong192 wrote:
"
bchan wrote:
"
Bunnu wrote:

GGG cannot let this be a legacy item. It must be retroactive. It would be disrespectful to the community to allow a broken item to persist in the game.

This is what I want to see. From Chris.

1. An announcement that the item is being fixed, admit they made a mistake.
2. Apologize for letting the item slide into the game in a broken state.
3. Lay out a clear statement that they will take definite steps, making policy and workflow changes where necessary in the office, to ensure something this broken does not enter the live server again on an item.

Personally I feel this is necessary, for public relations. While I understand that sometimes mistakes are made, I don't believe this is a mistake that can be just brushed off as a small 'oops'. As a feature item in new content, this should not have happened. And is indicative of design problems in the office.

This is why I feel the community deserves an official statement from Chris detailing how this error occurred and steps being done so this does not happen again.

[Removed by Support]

bchan is right...things like this shouldn't make it into the game.
Last edited by Dan_GGG on Apr 16, 2014, 10:34:28 PM
"

Yet his words implicate like ggg deleted all orbs on every account irrevesible. When i hear a sentence like "..this is necessary, for public relations." my hair bristles. Which puplic? The 400 nerds browsing the site everyday or the 99,9999999% of players that either don´t even know about that or wouldn´t even have been able to aquire it in a theoretical enviroment? It´s just a incdredible hyperbole. The error will be fixed. No harm done. But anyway, people like drama. But when i hear he DEMAND (that´s what i read with the word used "want") a ( perhaps even a personal ) apologize for a minor error that was made and that will be fixed, i can´t stop thinking how ridiculous such a statement is. Whatever, need to sleep, work tomorrow.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
[Removed by Support]

Thank-you for the hostile personal attack. It contributes so much to this thread and the discussion of issues with the game.
stop over moderating that makes the official forums useless
Last edited by Dan_GGG on Apr 16, 2014, 10:35:14 PM
"
Spysong192 wrote:
"

Yet his words implicate like ggg deleted all orbs on every account irrevesible. When i hear a sentence like "..this is necessary, for public relations." my hair bristles. Which puplic? The 400 nerds browsing the site everyday or the 99,9999999% of players that either don´t even know about that or wouldn´t even have been able to aquire it in a theoretical enviroment? It´s just a incdredible hyperbole. The error will be fixed. No harm done. But anyway, people like drama. But when i hear he DEMAND (that´s what i read with the word used "want") a ( perhaps even a personal ) apologize for a minor error that was made and that will be fixed, i can´t stop thinking how ridiculous such a statement is. Whatever, need to sleep, work tomorrow.

I agree. One can stretch a simple coding mistake really far.
As hinted by Daniel it is nothing other than that.

Remember the database corruption?
Now that was fun and there was an official statement justified.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Apr 16, 2014, 6:20:36 PM
"
bchan wrote:
It would be disrespectful to the community to allow a broken item to persist in the game.

hahahahahaha

9/10

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info