Latest of GGG failures - Vertex

40% aura without vertex:

http://i.imgur.com/DoEgeTq.jpg?1

40% aura with vertex:
http://i.imgur.com/PyLw1UH.jpg?1

HOW does this make it into the game is beyond me. A helmet that halves the mana reservation of auras?

:sigh:

Find me a rare that can compete with this. What happened with CB 'rares are meant to be BiS' design principle that Chris was so proud about?

original post on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/236pa3/proof_that_the_vertex_works_with_auras/

„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Apr 16, 2014, 4:12:05 PM
Very interesting.

GGG, is this intended?

I hope to God that it is, cause my aura build will be orgasming for months.

Spoiler
Once I get the 999 exalted orbs to buy one.
People with vertex and shavs will be asking GGG to introduce more auras in the game, so they can run them as well.

I'm just so frustrated with the direction GGG went with this game.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
Odoakar wrote:
People with vertex and shavs will be asking GGG to introduce more auras in the game, so they can run them as well.

GGG should add more auras. There's basically no choice when it comes to auras. You find the one or two that benefit you most, or just find an aura build to support the entire party and you're set.
This isn't intended. It's clearly a bug, if the game's mechanics are at all consistent.

"Reduced Mana" works on auras, "Reduced Mana Cost" does not. Try it with a Reduced Mana support gem with quality.

It's quite a failure that this bug has gone on so long without being fixed (or, if it was intended, without the Vertex's text being altered).
I'll be brutally honest and harsh. On the official forums. Sorry Chris.

This is 100% GGG completely dropping the ball on this Unique Item with pathetic testing. Did any Alpha server tester get to use this item? Did anyone in GGG's office test this?

50% reduced mana !!cost!! of skills, is wording that for anything else in the game, for instance passive tree nodes, does not influence auras.

This item grants 50% reduced aura !!reservation!!?

What a joke. This item is clearly NOT working as intended and should never have gone onto the live servers in it's current broken condition. I feel GGG needs to make an official news announcement that they are fixing this with an apology from Chris for letting this item go live.

Chris, you cannot let stuff like this just slide into the game, it makes you and the game look bad.

I am disappoint.

=x
stop over moderating that makes the official forums useless
Don't worry with the next XPAC Corrupted Zones will disappear and those Items won't spawn anymore but they might spawn at another point again.

Shitty RMT supporting items.
"
bchan wrote:
I'll be brutally honest and harsh. On the official forums. Sorry Chris.

This is 100% GGG completely dropping the ball on this Unique Item with pathetic testing. Did any Alpha server tester get to use this item? Did anyone in GGG's office test this?

50% reduced mana !!cost!! of skills, is wording that for anything else in the game, for instance passive tree nodes, does not influence auras.

This item grants 50% reduced aura !!reservation!!?

What a joke. This item is clearly NOT working as intended and should never have gone onto the live servers in it's current broken condition. I feel GGG needs to make an official news announcement that they are fixing this with an apology from Chris for letting this item go live.

Chris, you cannot let stuff like this just slide into the game, it makes you and the game look bad.

I am disappoint.

=x

I 100% agree. This is the dumbest item I have ever seen, as it is basically BiS for every single character. Seeing as how it is worded identically to the Quality Bonus of reduced mana, I either hope this gets fixed ASAP or reduced mana Q gems lower auras more.
Stop bitching about the Uber Atziri uniques.
They are so rare/expensive 99% of the players won't have the opportunity to possess one.

"
Odoakar wrote:

You are free to leave.
There is nothing wrong with the Uber Atziri uniques. 8 out of 10 similar games have BIS rewards for completing the hardest part of the game. Most of them drop fixed while vertex & friends have a much lower chance of dropping i bet.
Am I the only one that feels this item's existence should worry people as much as it does? I mean to get it you have to do the hardest zone and boss in the game. You basically beat the hardest thing there is in this game. If you don't understand what this means I repeat you just beat the hardest content the game has to offer. Think on it.

You are looking at it the way you look at shavronne. They are different. Shavronne is a build enabler that can drop anywhere. You can get it by killing a white rhoa on some map.
This item is gotten by going trought the hurdle of killing normal atziri(!), obtaining uber fragments and them beating uber atziri(!). The rewards for beating her are meant to provide something a character that that beat her would consider using. This means they must have something that would make you want to use instead of that mirrored sieage axe. Stop putting these uniques in the same league as the rest.
IGN: Smegacore
Last edited by battled on Apr 16, 2014, 4:45:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info