Latest of GGG failures - Vertex

"
Nightmare90 wrote:

I am learning programming right now and I can understand it.

If you are on a short development schedule, you can have as much QA personal you want, it won't make a huge difference. There is only so much steps you can take in a stepwise-refinement development process. It is not so much a limitation because of resources but because of how the work is done in the first place.

Mistakes happen because GGG produces content fast as hell compared to their competition.

Because it's so hard to equip an item and check one thing?
Either QA is not testing items, or does not know the game mechanics well enough to realize that the item is not supposed to work like that, despite it being consistent with all of the other phrasing in the game. Either way, this is REALLY sloppy.
Last edited by Xendran on Apr 17, 2014, 3:33:47 PM
they are changing it to not work with aura's it was a wording goof
i honestly dont think the reservation was unintended
sure the value was too much, but this change just made the helmet almost useless
especially for the effort/price it takes to get one
compared to other uber atziri items this helmet is a garbage @ this state

the proper way to fix it would have been reducing the amount to something like 15% & renaming it to 85% multiplier
Last edited by Flutt3r on Apr 17, 2014, 9:59:00 PM
It's not garbage at all.Very high ES+evasion and chaos res and the reduced mana cost.You can run HP based aegis aurora build with kaoms,and use a mirrored weapon instead of soul taker and not worry about mana cost(especially if you use reave).It is an incredibly powerful item
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
Flutt3r wrote:
i honestly dont think the reservation was unintended
sure the value was too much, but this change just made the helmet almost useless
especially for the effort/price it takes to get one

the proper way to fix it would have been reducing the amount to something like 15% & renaming it to 85% multiplier

No, check how every other mana cost thing in the entire game works. Auras do not have a cost. It was just an item that was not properly tested.
Last edited by Xendran on Apr 18, 2014, 12:41:21 AM
"
Flutt3r wrote:

Having solid defenses, Chaos Resists, +Gem levels and making it extremely easy to have practically (and even literally) free Skills really is garbage, huh.

With only the Arcane Efficiency cluster, which takes 4 or 5 Skill points for an IR/US/RT setup, you're looking at 30% of Base Cost for Skills. What would normally be 120 Mana per activation is now 36 Mana. Anything you toss in it will be easily affordable. That definitely has value.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 18, 2014, 1:34:17 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Flutt3r wrote:

Having solid defenses, Chaos Resists, +Gem levels and making it extremely easy to have practically (and even literally) free Skills really is garbage, huh.

With only the Arcane Efficiency cluster, which takes 4 or 5 Skill points for an IR/US/RT setup, you're looking at 30% of Base Cost for Skills. What would normally be 120 Mana per activation is now 36 Mana. Anything you toss in it will be easily affordable. That definitely has value.

keyword is *compared*

he is right, axe and gloves and chest are too sick, this item is pretty good still tho
"
Xendran wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

I am learning programming right now and I can understand it.

If you are on a short development schedule, you can have as much QA personal you want, it won't make a huge difference. There is only so much steps you can take in a stepwise-refinement development process. It is not so much a limitation because of resources but because of how the work is done in the first place.

Mistakes happen because GGG produces content fast as hell compared to their competition.

Because it's so hard to equip an item and check one thing?
Either QA is not testing items, or does not know the game mechanics well enough to realize that the item is not supposed to work like that, despite it being consistent with all of the other phrasing in the game. Either way, this is REALLY sloppy.

Wasn't the item released with the SotV expansion?

Even QA needs to take priorities and alpha realm could never test such item as they would never be able to reach it. SotV was set on a static schedule and included many new gameplay mechanics which needs to be refined even now. I can imagine they might have ignored the unique item as it's mod are not really unique to the game and they already got way more elemental work to do, which affects more than 0,5% of the player being able to get that item.
well game is dying

who cares

toplel
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

Wasn't the item released with the SotV expansion?

Even QA needs to take priorities and alpha realm could never test such item as they would never be able to reach it. SotV was set on a static schedule and included many new gameplay mechanics which needs to be refined even now. I can imagine they might have ignored the unique item as it's mod are not really unique to the game and they already got way more elemental work to do, which affects more than 0,5% of the player being able to get that item.

And you see no problem with this?
Also, was it worth it? Because now it's been exposed and it's just another potential thing that is capable of lowering the general opinion of GGGs competence. Why wouldn't they just spend the extra bit of time initially to prevent the bad PR...?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info