why this hate for the strong?

I care only because they have nerfed other items that were easily comparable and will end up nerfing the new ones as well and creating more legacies. I love OP items being in game. Something to work towards.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
All this shows is that, oh my god, this is GGG's first game and their amateur-level approach to balance is a slow, slow process towards something resembling actually catering to all players on the difficulty-challenge spectrum.

instead, seems ggg care more about money than real balance of the game...
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
"
b15h09 wrote:
The OP gear annoys me because GGG will balance the game around it, making it, and everything else, less OP. OP is good in an ARPG. OP is fun.

Agree.

Can I has OP item nau, Mr. RNG?
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
because of legacy items and new players hating that they have to work their ass off to get it.
GGG does not seem to want a game in which you can faceroll content (almost literally). Take the leech nerf: Who ever did use reduced mana nodes (or gems, if not for auras)? Mana flasks? Mana on kill? Mana on hit?
Fact is, you did not need any of that. Either take blood magic (nerfed now) or mana leech (nerfed now), and forget about mana, i.e. resource management.
Similarly with life leech. Not much need for movement, not much tension, just stand there, spam your skill and your life takes care of itself.

I am not saying it has been done perfectly, but this seems to be the general direction: every aspect of PoE must be worked towards and worked upon by the player. No more "Just slap on XY and be done with it"-

In the same vein, the constant nerfs to skills and gear.

I wouldn't know if all of that has been done well, I know too little about it, but GGG seems to want a game where not only the passive tree and the complex mechanics are "hardcore" but also the way you play it.

jelly is the real reason, but they like to construct elaborate fantasies to justify it, where they see themselves as crusaders for the honor of balance, or something else dumb. It's quite humorous. Some of them stick around for months on the forums, wasting their lives on a game they 'hate'. They are the undead jellies of Exile.

Last edited by SuperDeathLord on Apr 15, 2014, 2:51:37 AM
How do you balance a game where 5% of the population controls 99% of the wealth through rmt and trade rape?

Maybe GGG should just stop caring about people with a full set of rmted bis rares wtf pwning level 78 maps and focus the game on the average man who in theory should be the majority.

but in actuality they are actually incentivizing rmt and trade rape by releasing overpowered and unattainable items like atziri gloves.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Apr 15, 2014, 2:57:16 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
How do you balance a game where 5% of the population controls 99% of the wealth through rmt and trade rape?

Maybe GGG should just stop caring about people with a full set of rmted bis rares wtf pwning level 78 maps and focus the game on the average man who in theory should be the majority.

but in actuality they are actually incentivizing rmt and trade rape by releasing overpowered and unattainable items like atziri gloves.

maybe you could release a new league every 4 months to give everyone a clean slate?
But they never implement crazy ideas like that.. and I bet if they did, people would still whine.

But all those monsters in ambush league must be 'balanced' around the top 5% of the players.. you know the guy who started in twilight strand just like you did, at the beginning of the league. I bet they 'RMTd' their rusty sword or 'trade raped' for it. lol.
Last edited by SuperDeathLord on Apr 15, 2014, 3:02:11 AM
"

maybe you could release a new league every 4 months to give everyone a clean slate?
But they never implement crazy ideas like that.. and I bet if they did, people would still whine.

But all those monsters in ambush league must be 'balanced' around the top 5% of the players.. you know the guy who started in twilight strand just like you did, at the beginning of the league. I bet they 'RMTd' their rusty sword or 'trade raped' for it. lol.

You'll need proof that this actually occurs.

I understand that getting off the beach and into the first safe haven can be a traumatic experience for some,but please don't encourage others to cheapen their experience and turn hillock into trivial content.

Players have the choice between standard and hardcore leagues and although I chose hardcore leagues I fully accept that it may take me some weeks (maybe even a month)of planning,farming and skillfull manual dodging (taunting desync) to legitimately take out Hillock and get into town.

Please don't cheapen this accomplishment by suggesting players might be bypassing the difficulty curve.

Anyway,I'm off to finalize a build I've been theory crafting for years that I think may just give me the edge against Hillock.

Last edited by Temper on Apr 15, 2014, 4:16:53 AM
Critical posts by charan?!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info