why this hate for the strong?

so im here playing an ARPG to reach the heights possible in this game
things like shavronne's that new mjolnir are all items that represent this so why all the hate to all these OP items? isnt this the whole point of the game?

yet GGG has already fallen for the trap of wanting to nerf stuff because of bla bla bla OMG op nerf that crap BS you get here on the forum's cant we just all be nice to one another aplaud and celebrate when someone gets that mighty drop and is in heaven for a good bit.

sigh all this hatred in a world that needs so much love.
The OP gear annoys me because GGG will balance the game around it, making it, and everything else, less OP. OP is good in an ARPG. OP is fun.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
GGG wants to kill it's strongest players. That leaves the rest of us who don't power-play in a pretty deep hole with no way to climb out. So we quit.
They really wont have much choice but to cater to a small, specific spectrum of gamers, as that's who will be left. So I guess they'll get there eventually. But I do wonder if the unemployed are really who you want to target with a F2P game.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
b15h09 wrote:
They really wont have much choice but to cater to a small, specific spectrum of gamers, as that's who will be left. So I guess they'll get there eventually. But I do wonder if the unemployed are really who you want to target with a F2P game.

Agreed its going to be the unemployed who never buy anything and about 25 mega traders who already have everything.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
"
agbudar wrote:
things like shavronne's that new mjolnir are all items that represent this so why all the hate to all these OP items? isnt this the whole point of the game?

yet GGG has already fallen for the trap of wanting to nerf stuff because of bla bla bla OMG op nerf that crap BS you get here on the forum's cant we just all be nice to one another aplaud and celebrate when someone gets that mighty drop and is in heaven for a good bit.

If you want good items there are plenty of good rare items to mirror in standard league that don't break the game like shavroones and crown and old kaom and so on.
"
All this shows is that, oh my god, this is GGG's first game and their amateur-level approach to balance is a slow, slow process towards something resembling actually catering to all players on the difficulty-challenge spectrum.

...It's probably going to take them years to even start to get it right. I wouldn't be surprised if they give up before then and just devote the balance process to a tighter, more specific part of the gamer spectrum.

...As they should have from the start.

they started out so well though but i see this decline of what frikkin riot does
"
glh5 wrote:
"
agbudar wrote:

If you want good items there are plenty of good rare items to mirror in standard league that don't break the game like shavroones and crown and old kaom and so on.

ow i almost exclusivly play standard i dont have the hardware power to stand the constant desync i have with poe all the stuff that got added after open beta ended makes everything downright unplayable. (for hardcore i mean)
"
All this shows is that, oh my god, this is GGG's first game and their amateur-level approach to balance is a slow, slow process towards something resembling actually catering to all players on the difficulty-challenge spectrum.

...It's probably going to take them years to even start to get it right. I wouldn't be surprised if they give up before then and just devote the balance process to a tighter, more specific part of the gamer spectrum.

...As they should have from the start.

To be fair, PoE is an incredibly complex game, therefore, a nightmare to balance. They do deserve a certain amount of slack, especially considering that they are a small indie developer. However, I simply cannot understand why they nerf things like life/mana leech, or the overall health node nerf that occured in OB (which they did revert, thank god).

I believe GGG is focusing on the wrong end of the spectrum, they mostly look to see what is too good and nerf that. The problem with that method is that good builds are often popular, and when you crush them, as GGG often does, you end up angering quite a lot of players. This also causes a kind of distrust, and a fear of creating/making public a powerful build.

They should instead focus on the lower end of the spectrum, buffing abilities that are unused. In this way you create more options for the player, which makes everyone happy. Recently they have been redeeming themselves by looking at underpowered skills like arc and buffing them. This is a trend that I sincerely hope they continue.
One can say the same thing about real life. Why all the hate for the 1%? People will always be jealous and resentful of people who have things they dont/cant have.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info