[TEMPEST] RaizQT's Poison trapper [lvl97+ top 20] BUILD OF THE WEEK + ATZIRI KILL!

"
UltraCoward wrote:

This looks interesting and might be better when leveling a character. The +1 trap will help with damage early on and the path will pick up more much-needed dex and str nodes.
Thanks. Hopefully it will get field tested one day :D
Mind you there's an additional +1 trap node in the original witch build in the bottom left cluster so it's not just the extra trap node. This variation adds a little bit more mana and about as much less health to support the extra trap. You lose 6% move speed but gains more dex and str which I feel are lacking in the build and are hard to come in gear.

You also gain more control but it's more micro-management...

Overall, it specs out some AOE passives in favor of the +1 trap so there should be a total of more damage on the expense of more deploy time and mana.

Progression wise I think the Eldritch Battery can be skipped until 50+ at the very least since you won't find (or need) any ES gear that gives you any meaningful mana boost until the 60+. Then it's probably best to focus on everything with str and dex... Like the Scion's health cluster and the early health and DOT cluster.

I personally wouldn't bother testing it unless you have a +80 trapper laying around with nothing better to do ;)

EDIT: On a sidenote, I just wanted to add that Clever Construction is necessary against some corrupted bosses since they'll destroy the traps with fire or lightning AOE before those get a chance to trigger. I suspect this can also happen with Merc Piety but I'm not sure...
Last edited by UltraCoward on Jul 8, 2014, 3:00:02 AM
Sorry guys i was away for a bit :) any questions you have i can respond now.
IGN - RaizQT
Could we possibly get a little more in-depth node progression guide? possibly for witch as well?
Can this work on ranger?
"
Fawadz wrote:
Could we possibly get a little more in-depth node progression guide? possibly for witch as well?

great idea, please Raiz :)

1. Is it viable build for 1-month? What's your opinion?
2. On which level (aproximately) we should start using poison traps as Witch?

Last edited by Snakorek on Jul 11, 2014, 6:12:32 AM
"
Snakorek wrote:
"
Fawadz wrote:

great idea, please Raiz :)

1. Is it viable build for 1-month? What's your opinion?
2. On which level (aproximately) we should start using poison traps as Witch?

It is very viable for the 1 month league. I played very little and managed to get everything required for the build to do great in 2 weeks I'd say (+3 lvl to gem, 5L bow, empower, carcass jack etc). It's very strong.
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
Can you use poison arrow traps without equipping a bow?
"
LilCroissant wrote:
Can you use poison arrow traps without equipping a bow?

But won't you miss the bonus from the +2\+3 without an appropriate bow? You could get a +1 to all gems in other items but the +2 to bow gems is bow exclusive I think...
hey i am doing a similiar build for the 1 month race. Ive got a Question about the 5-6 Link in the Bow...

Poison Arrow + Trap + Conc Effect + Increased Area + Empower that are the 5 must have ones until you get empower or when you get the 6 link would the +projectile damage from slower projectiles work in here aswell? The Trap still "shoots" the Poison Arrow doesnt it?

Greetings

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info