[Official] Kripp Wand Templar

"
Caimath wrote:
I just solved all of my accuracy issues as well as add another 100 mana and 200 life. :D

WOW! Amazing find!
Would love a suggestion for Mana Issues early on. Just made the switch, and the cost of the AoE Power Siphon (around 92 mana) is not working well. Can only get off 3 casts.

Have the mana regen auras... must I find gear with mana regen?
"
Brandonbishop wrote:
Would love a suggestion for Mana Issues early on. Just made the switch, and the cost of the AoE Power Siphon (around 92 mana) is not working well. Can only get off 3 casts.

How is it that high? Mine is at 47 mana, tho it is 4 linked only...
are you leveling your power siphon over 5?
"
Kfcsauce wrote:

How is it that high? Mine is at 47 mana, tho it is 4 linked only...
are you leveling your power siphon over 5?

Mine was also 93 (I think) with 5 link and no I don't level my gems above level 5. Chain has a 200% mana multiplier, which increases it a lot.

Right now, while using GMP+Chain+Life Leech+Weapon Ele Damage, my mana cost is 123 per cast.

"
Brandonbishop wrote:

Try to get gear with more energy shield to increase your maximum mana (if you have Eldrich Battery already, if you don't get it asap.) I have 0 mana regen from gear and manage to sustain 123 mana per cast power siphons. I do have 2300 mana buffed though, which brings my mana regen to around 130-140 per second.

If you truly cannot sustain a 5 linked power siphon yet, I'd advice you to take out chain for now and maybe use pierce + projectile weakness (that's what I did until I could sustain 5 link with chain) It works perfectly fine, although it does require you to position mobs differently in aoe situations.

--------

On a totally unrelated subject, I'm getting fairly close to my 7th aura now, just 150-300 more mana to go and I think I'll be golden. I can actually use 7 auras now, but that leaves me with only 200 mana left to cast 123 per cast power siphons, which is not ideal.

I really like the way this spec has tiered goals to achieve along the main goal of getting level 100 and perfect gear. Makes me actually want to play more and actually makes grinding enjoyable, at least to me. :P
Last edited by Caimath on Feb 6, 2013, 6:42:55 PM
Good suggestions.

Yea, I'm only lvl 50, Power Siphon is staying at level 5, and I only have 171 mana with 758 reserved. Running Clarity, Wrath, Determination, Discipline, and Anger. My auras aren't that high due to not having much mana, but leveling them when I can. Have Eldritch Battery.

So, have to look for more Energy shield pieces. My gear is lacking quite a bit unfortunately.

Thanks for the suggestions.

"
Brandonbishop wrote:
Good suggestions.

Yea, I'm only lvl 50, Power Siphon is staying at level 5, and I only have 171 mana with 758 reserved. Running Clarity, Wrath, Determination, Discipline, and Anger. My auras aren't that high due to not having much mana, but leveling them when I can. Have Eldritch Battery.

So, have to look for more Energy shield pieces. My gear is lacking quite a bit unfortunately.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Looking at that, you could also choose to opt out of Determination for now (leveling it in off-weapons) and use Grace instead, determination is very expensive and Grace isn't bad at all.

In most cases the 40% mana reserve auras tend to be the 6th and 7th auras, simply because they are incredibly expensive.
Last edited by Caimath on Feb 6, 2013, 7:59:28 PM
Are these rings decent or should I be looking for different stats?

Also is the gear all armor/es, or should we be looking for pure armor?
>>>
IGN - TrolldAllDay

Scammers - @IamSuchAFatty - scammed 1 onslaught exalt for 2 hardcore
<<<
"
twapper wrote:
Are these rings decent or should I be looking for different stats?

Also is the gear all armor/es, or should we be looking for pure armor?

Those rings are alright, you should probably look for rings with similar stats + life though.

As for gear I personally go pure armor chest and armor/es or pure es for the rest. Ideally I'd want to use armor / es pieces on everything but chest, but unfortunately RNG can be quite brutal and I end up getting terrible stats on the items I want good stats on.
when do I want to transition to wands? is it when I get to 31 to use chain? or 19 when I get LMP?
"
Caimath wrote:

Looking at that, you could also choose to opt out of Determination for now (leveling it in off-weapons) and use Grace instead, determination is very expensive and Grace isn't bad at all.

In most cases the 40% mana reserve auras tend to be the 6th and 7th auras, simply because they are incredibly expensive.

Well, now that I'm using Pierce and Proj. Weakness instead of Chain, I have no mana issues. I can spam both 5 link and 3 link Power Siphon; still a lot of mana on reserve though, but I can spam both for now.

I'll see about switching to grace either way, seems I'll be leveling my current auras and I'll need more mana in reserve I think.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info