[Official] Kripp Wand Templar

"
Pourliver wrote:
Hi Kripp !

I'm trying to do a wand templar right now, but I'm now level 27, in early act 3, and I can't do any damage. I got 70% in all resist, 500 armor, and really crappy gear. Groups aren't really active in act 3...

I'm using the Glacial hammer and Ground slam, but I don't really know what stats I should look for in the level 20-40. I have a mix of everything, and it clearly don't work ^^'

Do you have any tips ? :s

Just try to find as much +ele damage as possible on rings/gloves and use the fastest 1h weapon you can with +ele damage. You can use almost any ability with it and you should tear thru mobs with all the +ele damage from the passive tree. Also, make sure you have at least an 85% chance to hit or so.
I'm wondering, when do you make the switch to using Wand? I'm level 40 now and getting tired of using Ground Slam/ Glacial Hammer.
"
Fritsc wrote:
I'm wondering, when do you make the switch to using Wand? I'm level 40 now and getting tired of using Ground Slam/ Glacial Hammer.

Switch the wand whenever you get a 5 socket and good wands.
IGN: @Deltrus
My build and gear: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/462131
"
Fritsc wrote:

Biggest thing I'm seeing about making the switch is making sure you have enough mana to sustain the high mana cost of even just a 4L with chain.
IGN = pibDeath
this build to strong T_T i rushed for all dmg skills first still having fun in softcore now :P thanks for the build k_RIP_pers :=)
"
DeltruS wrote:
"
Fritsc wrote:

Switch the wand whenever you get a 5 socket and good wands.

I was quite unlucky and couldnt do the switch until lvl 60+. I was lucky and found a 5L at vendor and a very nice wand (thnx cybrixz) and now it works like a charm (merciless act 2 hardcore)
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
"
Pibacc wrote:
"
Fritsc wrote:

Biggest thing I'm seeing about making the switch is making sure you have enough mana to sustain the high mana cost of even just a 4L with chain.

This is my current issue to. Just made the switch to wands; have all the necessary gems / socketed items, but I'm having mana issues using the AoE PS...
Im about to start this build, i have been getting all the gems ready.

Is it possible to start straight into wand and not respec later. Like go straight into damage at start and make my way down to normal path. I dont want to play melee.

Cheers.
Awesome build man! really enjoying it.
"
Ghostcat wrote:
Im about to start this build, i have been getting all the gems ready.

Is it possible to start straight into wand and not respec later. Like go straight into damage at start and make my way down to normal path. I dont want to play melee.

Cheers.

It is possible, I managed it, albeit on a witch rather than a templar. I wouldn't say it was very effective though, my damage was fine single target, but my aoe was pretty much non-existant. I somehow managed by using LMP + Pierce as well as projectile weakness for more pierce. I switched to chain at 53 when I got my 5 link and I've been rolling everything ever since.

Right now I'm having massive issues with Accuracy though, mainly because I have absolutely terrible luck with items. I have 0 items with accuracy on em. :(
Last edited by Caimath on Feb 5, 2013, 9:16:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info