[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

Hi, i would like to thank the OP for the really nice build!

I'm currently level 89 doing high level maps (i think i didn't skip a single map mod so far, ele reflect only makes me cast more totems, Amazing!) both in solo and in groups (with culling strike). My max dps would be around 2.300 and that's without the rarity gem (added chaos damage instead), what i mostly run tho is rarity and culling strike and my dps is 1600ish. I have 363% increased rarity (with the lvl 19 gem) and no quantity so far. Overcapped all resists by 40%(took some extra points from the tree) i have 5200ish hp (4750 with herald on) and around 4400 armor. I don't feel squishy at all given we just sustain ourselves with flasks and can't leech directly. This build has been so fun to play and I gotta admit I had some nice drops during the leveling phase. This is my gear:

Spoiler

I have a question, I was running conversion trap but I don't feel it gives me more clear speed, any suggestion on something i could run instead of it? (Had fire traps as well but it wasn't linked to rarity so i decided to drop it 10 to 15 levels ago) Once again thanks OP, awesome guide well done!
okay, here's my char (lvl81):

gear

i'm not at home atm so i can't post screens of stats but out of my head:
flame totem dps ~ 2k
life ~ 4k
res = maxed
culling @ 381/23

lacking a 2nd andvarius but i'm not sure it's worth it since i'd gain only ~50iir but lose a lot of res which i can get back only with some really expensive items
weapon,chest and 2nd ring need upgrades, too

tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAA8YGDgagCfYQzBQgFHEYkRo4HRQlvCcvJ-0o-ioTK7YspzWSNtg26TlSOlg8LT38PydKxErIT31QR1FgVbVVxlgHWGNZ81orXz9j_WSEZp5sFm6qcql4L3hpfuKAVoGvg9uHGYqvjEaMz49GkBGQVZuhns2j8qSspwinMKeEp5SsmKyqsQW18rc-uJO40Lw3vJ_AGsEExPbGrsbY0f3Yvdo62t3fv-Nq45_qGOvu7w7xbPIv9kj2rvcy99f4k_jr-b360vxL_go=

my current tree. i'm changing it quite often, trying out stuff and experimenting...

my gem setup needs a little tweaking aswell. for example i'd like to get a higher IC for longer uptime. i found added chaos superior to proj.speed for my playstyle. herald of ice is really nice, too (i think i will link it soon for more dps)

overall i lack defense (life,armor,block) but i can do 70-72 maps safe and quite quick so i think the build does what it's supposed to do.
You will never be happy if
you continue to search for
what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are
looking for the meaning of life.
Last edited by feuerbach on Sep 5, 2014, 5:36:08 AM
Does Apeps add more damage than a 90 spell dmg 11 cast speed scepter?

Is going to Heart of flame more damage than going from elemental dominion -> fire walker -> elemental damage. They're both 8 nodes in total to get to / fill up. Unless you're going dual curse than heart of flame is one less stat node away from ur core.

Would appreciate if someone who knows how to do the math does it.

Also has anyone tried lightning coil? Or tried speccing towards using Aegis Aurora? I've been thinking about trying different things but maybe I'm worrying about survival a bit too much even though I haven't really been close to dying much.

I have 5.4k hp and 5841 armor. Don't really have much room in improving my armor on beyond atm. I can gain about ~500 on my shield and ~500 on my chest but thats hoping I can find stuff that high end for non ridiculous prices atm. I guess some nodes may add a lot for me, probably worth taking with high armor chest and shield.

Guessing lightning coil kind of gives up too much mf. I'd have to wear a normal belt to use it since there aren't many great helms/necks/boots to choose from yet. My neck and helm/boots are good but unfortunately all of them have FR which is pretty easy to over cap in this build. I have a bunch of resist crafting mod slots left on gear but I'm capped atm and don't need to decide on them until I decide where I want to go gear wise.

My Gear
Spoiler

edit - about to go through chroming hell soon to fix my gems. Wasn't running herald of ice but now that I have so much hp it seems easily worth it. Also I didn't look into things much and was like oh iron will adds way more damage than projectiles and faster casting dunno why ppl don't use it. Well yea it doesn't scale nearly as well as them. Going to switch to projectiles for the extra distance soon since my dps isn't really noticable in groups. Mostly just a culling bot.
Last edited by prs on Sep 5, 2014, 7:02:19 AM
Was 1.2 a buff or a nerf to this build? Also, this build seems op as fuck. at such a low level and with inexpensive items, you can kill dominus and have crazy iir. i hope ggg doesnt nerf it.
"
jpanside wrote:
Was 1.2 a buff or a nerf to this build? Also, this build seems op as fuck. at such a low level and with inexpensive items, you can kill dominus and have crazy iir. i hope ggg doesnt nerf it.

buff imo with 80% totem life through nodes only
I am currently working on leveling this build. Awesome stuff!

But I have a question about gear prices. It seems like the most costly items are simply the andvarius and the flask (excluding 6l). How much does a high item rarity helm cost though? Is a 5L enough for this build too?
Last edited by sighlight on Sep 5, 2014, 8:10:38 PM
I'm at level 63 right now in merciless and really enjoying the build. It's relaxing to just drop some totems, run away from mobs, and watch everything die and sh1t out loot :D so far I've found an Exalt, 3 gcp, and a few chaos since transitioning to dual totem a few hours ago. And that's only with pretty basic gear (the magic find gear recommended in guide, and i think i have some on amulet/maybe a ring, so it's far from optimal)

I'm pretty happy with it so far!
@OP

Do you still use heartbreaker to good effect?

kinda confused why u have both heartbreaker but a IIR totem that has culling strike. if u play solo, u dont need culling strike.
Last edited by sighlight on Sep 6, 2014, 4:44:08 AM
Is it atziri viable?
"
sighlight wrote:
@OP

Do you still use heartbreaker to good effect?

kinda confused why u have both heartbreaker but a IIR totem that has culling strike. if u play solo, u dont need culling strike.

if u read main thread he stated;

Heartbreaker is for group culling so i can keep in Faster Projectiles and swap added chaos to IIR,

Last edited by drokzzz on Sep 6, 2014, 7:13:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info