[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

Can you guys tell me how you guys are using the flask and shield swap for this build? I am very confused by what you guys are doing with the two flame totems. one has item rarity, that i see. so right as it is about to die, do you guys use your IIR flame totem, pop the flask, and profit? what happens if you have one DPS totem and IIR totem going on at the same time? What would happen? I guess if the IIR totem had culling it would get the kill and the IIR bonus would be in effect?

That leads me to my new question. why dont we use reaper's pursuit? That gives you a big bonus in IIR. You can put the IIR totem setup in it and profit.

what do you guys think?
"
sighlight wrote:
Can you guys tell me how you guys are using the flask and shield swap for this build? I am very confused by what you guys are doing with the two flame totems. one has item rarity, that i see. so right as it is about to die, do you guys use your IIR flame totem, pop the flask, and profit? what happens if you have one DPS totem and IIR totem going on at the same time? What would happen? I guess if the IIR totem had culling it would get the kill and the IIR bonus would be in effect?

That leads me to my new question. why dont we use reaper's pursuit? That gives you a big bonus in IIR. You can put the IIR totem setup in it and profit.

what do you guys think?

shield has 40 rarity too? and with shieldnodes u get more resistance while holding an shield, if u swap to reapers persuit u dont have an shield anymore and lose resistances :S

and first question all depends on situation, if someone is solo then he does 2 totems, when he is culling he just swaps some gems and cull for group
"
sighlight wrote:

what do you guys think?

I spam totem when the boss is getting close to culling range use pot and swap iir shield. I use a random weapon i bought for like 3c that has 80res with the mf shield so im maxed res easily. Using reapers would be risky cause especially if you're wearing double andvarius ur not going to have max res and in some maps even if its for a split second that can be your death.

IIR totem is for soloing. Use your 5l for dps till the boss is near culling range then drop iir totem. Otherwise if you use one totem ur either dropping FC or Chaos dmg for iir gem which is a big dps loss.

For the other questions in the thread. For grouping you want to use Heartbreaker still. You'll want GMP+Faster proj for maps. Having faster proj allows you to play safer and you have less of a chance to miss culling from the boss moving. Totem swapping is pretty pointless in groups. You're damage is pretty bad and you're going to miss a lot of the monsters if you're totem swapping vs just being a culling bot.

Last edited by prs on Sep 6, 2014, 10:52:08 PM
"
prs wrote:
"
sighlight wrote:

what do you guys think?

I spam totem when the boss is getting close to culling range use pot and swap iir shield. I use a random weapon i bought for like 3c that has 80res with the mf shield so im maxed res easily. Using reapers would be risky cause especially if you're wearing double andvarius ur not going to have max res and in some maps even if its for a split second that can be your death.

IIR totem is for soloing. Use your 5l for dps till the boss is near culling range then drop iir totem. Otherwise if you use one totem ur either dropping FC or Chaos dmg for iir gem which is a big dps loss.

For the other questions in the thread. For grouping you want to use Heartbreaker still. You'll want GMP+Faster proj for maps. Having faster proj allows you to play safer and you have less of a chance to miss culling from the boss moving. Totem swapping is pretty pointless in groups. You're damage is pretty bad and you're going to miss a lot of the monsters if you're totem swapping vs just being a culling bot.

wow thanks for explaining. So let me see if I have this right (I am trying to come with the safest and easiest way to do this):
1. Dominus is at below 50%
3. Switch to heartbreaker and shield for bonus IIR and culling
4. Spam IIR totem for bonus IIR and to reduce your own health.
5. Pop flask.
6. Keep spamming IIR and flask as needed.

Does this sound okay? The heartbreaker with culling would help with killing dominus fast enough while the flask is up. It also removes the need for a culling gem or using reaper's pursuit.

Hearbreaker is not needed, but it has it uses still in solo.
I'm going to be rolling one of these characters once I finish acquiring some more items for them, but I'm wondering where would be an optimal location to put both Item Rarity and Item Quantity gems supporting a flame totem? Should they go in a 6 link chestpiece? (dropping added chaos and fire penetration) Should they go with the boot totem, and I should use a Heartbreaker for culling strike? (this seems like the better option) Maybe something I haven't even thought of?

I'm just tired of my IIQ/IIR gems sitting around unused, and this looked like a good, effective, and (somewhat) cheap build to squeeze them into
im also curious as to whats the most optimal way to use mf flask - i have a near perfect one that i got for cheap so im looking forward to using it but even when i spam curses/totems to try and keep my health in recovery mode so that the buff doesnt wear off, i fin that a lot of the time i just outheal and lose the buff right away :(
"

I have a question, I was running conversion trap but I don't feel it gives me more clear speed, any suggestion on something i could run instead of it? (Had fire traps as well but it wasn't linked to rarity so i decided to drop it 10 to 15 levels ago) Once again thanks OP, awesome guide well done!

hey i am lvl 88 and running 77 maps too and u dont need that much armor at all. u want more clearspeed ? equip a spell dmg shield. i have around 2k armor (19% absorb) but with extra cwdt max + moltenshell max for safety.

my totem dps is 3900 with chaos / 2600 with rarity and everything dies instant even on 77 maps

my equip : 5800 hp 2k armor 395+ rarity without rarity shield

Spoiler

"
alexvsevil wrote:
im also curious as to whats the most optimal way to use mf flask - i have a near perfect one that i got for cheap so im looking forward to using it but even when i spam curses/totems to try and keep my health in recovery mode so that the buff doesnt wear off, i fin that a lot of the time i just outheal and lose the buff right away :(

too much healthregen thats all. now totems cost only 200mp at max lvl. i reduced my regen to ~200 hp/s (only 3,5% regen @ 5500hp)and linked my curse with inc aoe and lvl 1 bloodmagic gem. it works very well and u dont need to recast ur totems (dps loose)
Last edited by Dobermann83 on Sep 7, 2014, 7:52:44 PM
hm good tip, thanks! also if anyone reading this happens to have a good 1h/shield theyve grown out of lemme know, its hell trying to find high spell damage maces and high armor shields in the shops >.o
Spoiler
Last edited by RiceOrRiot on Sep 7, 2014, 10:10:07 PM
"
RiceOrRiot wrote:
Spoiler

how did you get that fire dmg on mace? its a weird color so im assuming you crafted it somehow but im curious about how specifically because i have a lot of dual res gear that would be nice with a third lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info