[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

"
maplehell wrote:
Hi, can you post your gear? How is your survivalbility ? I saw you drop some HP node from Templar's start. With those % increase spell dmg from witch's start, your FT's dps must be good, right?

I think I am doing the wrong thing with my sceptre. I think I should have gone for cast speed instead. I also really need better shoes, that's my plan for tonight (+lightning warp). I'm at work atm so can't give in-game screenshots, but I'm about 7.5k armour, 3.9k life, 1400 dps, 250 iir with gem I think. I'm only 75 at the moment, the witch start is just my plan for my next few levels. Survivability isn't a problem for Piety runs, I've not tried much else yet as I've had no experience of Piety runs before so need the practice.

Edit: Oh, and I feel like I don't need the templar life nodes. I've even skipped the 4% life, 4% chaos resist nodes (tho took the major one). Double curse and better damage is more valuable.

Edit edit: I'm 40% overcapped on all now, with the intention of getting andvarius if and when I can get two for 2.5 ex each (slightly too poor at the moment, but hopefully just a matter of time). I think this is more important than getting a 5L or 6L because the improvement from Piety farming at 320 IIR vs. Dominus at 250 doesn't seem like a big deal.
Last edited by NoImagination on Sep 4, 2014, 11:14:43 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
When does it become viable to farm Dominus?

Whenever you feel confident to. Right now I'm at 1400 tooltip DPS with a 4L and 4500 hp (4350 or so on swap to MF shield) and I solo farm Dominus just fine though sometimes I tp out once or twice in Domi second form.

306/6 iir/iiq atm

edit: DPS - This is WITHOUT herald of ash. I'm leveling it atm but I don't think it's worth it, I'm waiting to see if its worth it at all at higher levels because right now it only adds like 50 dps to my main totem. After mortal conviction and reduced mana gem it would reserve around 400 or 500 of my life, I don't know if that's worth it for the poor dps increase... I think a quality Herald of Ash would actually be better, considering it adds like 15% more dmg at 20% qual and you don't have to level it but I'm not sure if it even applies to flame totem since it says physical attacks so

I would love to have 20% quality gems but would rather have a 6L and a good cast speed + spell dmg sceptre in main hand first.

My build link (basically going for witch start instead of leather n steel nodes - nothing new) :

I am considering respeccing completely OUT of the templar life nodes. 7-8 points (I'm missing the last life node, I respecced to get more dex and forgot to take it later) just for 25% life, 1% regen, and +30 life... I don't know if it's worth it when I can use 5 to get 25% on scion life wheel and other points would go towards resistances or DPS - not that I have a problem with resists!

Also, I might respec out of Arsonist as well and contribute those points tot he witch starting area but I'm already going that route and will be done with it at lvl 91.
Last edited by nakieon on Sep 4, 2014, 11:17:37 AM
"
nakieon wrote:
edit: DPS - This is WITHOUT herald of ash. I'm leveling it atm but I don't think it's worth it, I'm waiting to see if its worth it at all at higher levels because right now it only adds like 50 dps to my main totem. After mortal conviction and reduced mana gem it would reserve around 400 or 500 of my life, I don't know if that's worth it for the poor dps increase...

Thanks.

For Piety, I don't find that I need the 350 odd life that Herald of Ice reserves at 8%. DPS is more important because killing things before they can reach you is the best form of mitigation. Obviously this won't work for higher maps, but I don't really plan to do those. Even if you do plan to, I'd definitely run Herald for Piety runs even if you don't use it for Dominus et al.
im farming dominus at lvl 72 with terrible gear except a tabula rasa for my totem which is less than ideal. 1930 main totem tooltip dps (obviously inaccurate) though with herald of ice and 6 link lvl 16 no quality gems. working pretty well, making a lot of chaos and using buk's build on page 44. only 150% inc irarity with culling. gunna go perandus and aursieze then wait till i get a proper chest before i add in the shield, rings and flask. overall really happy with this build
Last edited by goldnugget on Sep 4, 2014, 2:22:46 PM
It's Gear and Pathtree Time \o/

as most of you guys i respecced out of Leather$Steel and IR to the Witch area and changed from Evasion to armor gear.

Gear

My gear is okayish with lots of room for improvement. Again ColdSnap Multiple Traps is absolutly lovable. Also i think i spec out of arsonist and go for the witch area nodes.

Survivability is quite good with poopy chest but still i'm at 5k Armor. This gets better with every update i get.

In the Marauder starting area i choose the lower path for + Armor nodes and to save the flask node which is not that usefull whil still being able to go for diamond skin when the andvarius start to drop.

Question is why do i have only 1.5k dmg :(

Last edited by shoty2k on Sep 4, 2014, 3:35:01 PM
"
swarmofseals wrote:
Just posting a quick update --

Level 81 with level 18 flame totem

219 IIR, 311 Cull IIR

4742/5155 hp

4879 armour

32% block

2374.5 tooltip dps (with added chaos, not fire pen)

Definitely liking this version.

wow, so much life AND iir! please post your gear+tree!
You will never be happy if
you continue to search for
what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are
looking for the meaning of life.
"
feuerbach wrote:
"
swarmofseals wrote:
Just posting a quick update --

Level 81 with level 18 flame totem

219 IIR, 311 Cull IIR

4742/5155 hp

4879 armour

32% block

2374.5 tooltip dps (with added chaos, not fire pen)

Definitely liking this version.

wow, so much life AND iir! please post your gear+tree!

i think he has tabula rasa or other 6l and 5dps linked to flame totem like expjah has 2400dps on screenshot mainpage
Those of you using Leather and Steel/Iron Reflexes, what is your current level, armour value, and estimated % reduction?
Alright I'm really curious. I have just made myself the best armor I can afford to get perfect resists. I don't have all the item rarity stuff on my gear. Those that do have it on your gear your linking. How in the world are you survivable? I can't imagine that your resists would be anywhere near capped.

Even at just a simple 45% lightning resist a cruel dominus can basically one shot me. Sitting right now at a comfortable 76/76/72 resist in merciless.

I also went even MORE defensive than most everyone I've seen linked.
http://poeurl.com/yY8j5e4

I run vitality and haste through my life pool. The extra cast speed and even more life regen hopefully will make me near immortal.

Those of you using item rarity gear please list your resists.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info