[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

First thing I want to say is, thanks for the build, it's gotten me to level 63 on invasion (my highest level so far on this game) and still going on Act 3 Merciless. I'm currently having the issue where I'm afraid of trying to progress any further because I don't have the gear I should have around this level.

I can't seem to get a decent 5L anywhere. Even if I did get a 5L, I'm going to have issues getting the right colors, it never seems to work for me. I actually found a Lightning Coil, but nothing is linked and the colors are all wrong, so I keep it in my stash at the moment. So I think it's time to start farming a bit and I'm a little lost. I play in parties to stay safe right now, but I don't know where to add cull in.. What should I do?

Gear:
Spoiler
I have the gems, even though they aren't on the equips at the moment. I took some off because I didn't want to lose it all if I had died to vaal.

Build:
Hey.

I started using this build and I'm currently Lv. 64, but I wanted to ask something

Would it be viable to use Tabula Rasa? I can't afford a nice 6L, so I'm using this:

Or do you think I should get a new chest? Maybe a 5L worth like 3 exalts?

What do you think?
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It keeps beating the hell out of me and I'm too cowardly to leave it.

IGN • NCPereira
STEAM • steamcommunity.com/id/NCPereira
I am up to lvl 67 in Hardcore. 3300 life and 300 ES but I am very squishy. Ony 7% damage reduction and 19% evade. I just don't have any gear.

I took witch because I never had played one.

My current tree

My current gear:
Spoiler
This is my IIR set up so it is even less tanky.

Killed merciless Piety.

Going to Farm Merciless Docks with about 155 IIR.

Thanks for posting the build
"
Insulation wrote:
First thing I want to say is, thanks for the build, it's gotten me to level 63 on invasion (my highest level so far on this game) and still going on Act 3 Merciless. I'm currently having the issue where I'm afraid of trying to progress any further because I don't have the gear I should have around this level.

I can't seem to get a decent 5L anywhere. Even if I did get a 5L, I'm going to have issues getting the right colors, it never seems to work for me. I actually found a Lightning Coil, but nothing is linked and the colors are all wrong, so I keep it in my stash at the moment. So I think it's time to start farming a bit and I'm a little lost. I play in parties to stay safe right now, but I don't know where to add cull in.. What should I do?

Sell the lightning coil and buy an 5L! or an white 6socket astral and try to fuse it yourself.

@NCPereira

On standard you should just see for yourself if its doable with an tabula, could be but ive never tried since.. well i wanted armor life and such in invasion!

@Scar_Finger

Cool that you made it this far yet, i would advice getting some armor on gear else its bound to happen you will die to an physical hit, or 2.
Also run around with an 1k+ armor shield instead of full rarity helps, i chose marauder since its getting alot of armor/hp and resistance nodes so survivability might be abit worse on witch.
Finally got the correct colours.

After almost 500 chromatics (where were all acquired by leveling characters)

p.s the last chromatic did it.
ign bonifaciox ROA marauder
ign daming_alaga arc summoner
regarding the tabula, i've been running with it ever since i hit 70+ currently level 75 and farming dominus. I currently have 1.9k tooltip dps. funnily enough, i feel that i am in more danger in the second phase rather than in the first. (damn those tentacled micreations.) the CWDT combo helps a lot in survivablity seeing as i have almost zero defenses. nevertheless, the good thing about the build is that if you position yourself wisely, you're pretty much safe from most forseeable attacks.

currently running at 190iir/33iiq. as you can see from my gear, it's not exactly the best but it does its job well. my cold res is kinda lacking but since the only spell that deals cold damage is dominus' totem - which is dispatched easily by the flame totems or by simply moving, i can live with it until i can get some decent gear. currently getting at least 1 1/2 my inventory in rares from the dominus encounter alone. some of the uniques i've gotten are 2 WoEs, 2 rainbowstrides and a pyre ring to name a few.

all in all, to the OP, thank you for the wonderful guide. this is my first MF character and it's a fun experience. the playstyle is more strategic and engaging than most "let the minions take care of the boss and cull" builds i've seen which is something i really like. farming isn't boring at all.

Last edited by anton2k4 on Jul 7, 2014, 9:20:05 AM
To the people messaging me if this build is viable in 1month HC, yes, even more then 4month invasion which dindt have nerfed invaders ;)
How do you deal with tent miscreations and other small, fast hitting mobs? My totems die instantly and I am constantly low health. I'm only lvl 63 and just ran piety twice in HC 1M so I guess that's good but it took a long time. I already have the phys reduction nodes for the totems.
"
Kazyn wrote:
How do you deal with tent miscreations and other small, fast hitting mobs? My totems die instantly and I am constantly low health. I'm only lvl 63 and just ran piety twice in HC 1M so I guess that's good but it took a long time. I already have the phys reduction nodes for the totems.

Does your flame totem have any quality yet? i bet its around lvl 17 or something and u dont have all the totem life nodes yet, its best to get some gcp and qual it up to 20%.

Searing bond might be better untill you have an 5L and atleast 1300tooltip dps on it.

It's zero quality level 16, I don't have the currency currently to get a quality one. I do have a second flame totem that is level 16 also that I am planning on making into a 20% one but I don't know how long that'll take.

It currently has about 1000 tooltip. w/ 5 link

I guess I will just farm sarn or something for gemcutter boxes while we have that ability and hope I get lucky
Last edited by FullBeans on Jul 16, 2014, 3:24:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info