[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

"
Chirpyboy wrote:
Damn ok...Gonna have to pray to the Rng gods for that color roll

Sigh...30 chroms and didnt even get back to original colors...Lol and no im out. Guess i wont be playing this guy for a while haha

You had perfect colors, you should have just bought an nice scepter for yourself with +spelldmg and +cast speed, and i said in main post that flame totem doesnt get as strong as searing bond untill like lvl 17.

600dpsx5x2 + fire pen should still have enough power at your lvl imo.

Check here for some scepters on ambush, http://poe.xyz.is/search/iketonikowawir

Hope you get your colors back, since it should work all perfect, some are already mapping with this build in invasion and they never said to me they had dps problems.

"
IMKR wrote:
why do you take shock nova with trap? any reason why?

Is it for the shock chance? so ur totems can do more dmg?

what if we go cold snap instead?

You can do cold snap too indeed for freezing, or even fire trap for some extra damage :) but yes atm ive got it for shock stacks.
Hey

How would you specc from around level 30-40, or 40-50, would you go directly for blood magic, then ancestral bond, and then totem resistance around templar tree? and once you reach level 31 when you can use flame totem you start to level all those gems that you need right?
Last edited by Yumako87 on Apr 27, 2014, 10:58:00 AM
Hey, great build, but how do you get the dex for gmp with only 64 dex from the tree and none from items? (besides the andvarius rings, but even with them it's not enough)
I've made a lot of progress with your build, Expjah! My mara is now level 56, using Flame Totem & loving it! Here is where my character's at now.

My planned build with 90 points differs from yours somewhat; I plan on spending my last 10-15 points on tons of shield block, putting me at 73% block chance with the Crest of Perandus. I'm going to wear the Stone of Lazhwar and a pair of Rainbowstrides to get my spell block to a similar level, about 60%. The int & cast speed are very nice stats to have, so I don't think it's a waste of the ammy slot or anything.

I'm also picking up some nearby life nodes, putting me at about 190% life. I'm pretty sure I have way less totem dps nodes than you do, but I'm okay with it, as I provide a lot of survivability for both myself and others. Blind is amazing when combined with random bits of evasion on my gear, and my planned 73% block chance in conjunction with Blind will basically make me immune to physical attacks. As for spells, I'll have about 60% spell block, as well as 78-79% elemental resist, so I should be alright on that front. For physical spells, I have a bit of life regen and flasks.

I had an AR/EV 5L laying around, and I"m also wearing the Peregrine, and I have one flame totem in each of those, socketed as follows:

5L:
FT->GMP->Blind->Added Chaos->Faster Casting

I didn't have enough chromes to get RRGBB in the AR/EV 5L, and the closest thing I got was the configuration above. I will say that while my use of Blind instead of Fire Pen (due to socket colors) was unintentional, it was very much a pleasant surprise. WIth Blind, 40% block chance, and a very modest and incidental ~20% chance to evade attacks, I rarely get hit by physical attacks. I'd get more damage (and use more chromes) with Fire Pen, certainly, but I don't think the loss of survivability is worth it.

Peregrine 4L:
FT->GMP->Culling Strike->IIR

The 4L is pretty self-explanatory. For culling, I plan to buy a Wheel of the Stormsail and have that on my weapon swap, so I"m getting a decent chunk of rarity from those sources. I've yet to go out of my way to acquire and wear mf gear: I only have 90% IIR with no real investment in getting high IIR gear, but the difference in the amount of rares that drop from bosses is simply astonishing! I can't even imagine what it's like for those with 400-600 IIR!

Thanks for the build writeup! Hopefully sharing what I have can help others!
Level 59 in Invasion atm, rerolled to farm some currency for my main.

Gear:
Spoiler

Stats:
230IIR
30IIQ

Been really fun just farming my way up, gotten quite a few unique drops. Usually just run IIR instead of added chaos for the extra rarity. Clear speed is fairly good leveling wise.

Looking for upgrades atm, working towards andvarius / decent rings.
>>>
IGN - TrolldAllDay

Scammers - @IamSuchAFatty - scammed 1 onslaught exalt for 2 hardcore
<<<
"
hobsa wrote:
Hey, great build, but how do you get the dex for gmp with only 64 dex from the tree and none from items? (besides the andvarius rings, but even with them it's not enough)

Ive changed the neck just yday dindt update my tree yet, went from

to

This is how i run it with 3extra dex nodes atm, ill update it in main topic, screenshots will be updated ltr too. (with that ive got 116dex)

I might swap into leather and steel if i chose to drop the arsonist nodes.

"
Yumako87 wrote:
Hey

How would you specc from around level 30-40, or 40-50, would you go directly for blood magic, then ancestral bond, and then totem resistance around templar tree? and once you reach level 31 when you can use flame totem you start to level all those gems that you need right?

Ill add that later but as you mentioned its good to move to Totemic Mastery and if you have these then get ancestral bond, with some quality on flame totem your totems will be able to survive long enough, bm is possible to take quite early.

@malboro_urchin and @twapper,
Seems your both doing quite well and thanks for the replies, your input makes it indeed easier to figure out stuff for ppl who want to try this build. There's also much option in the tree to get indeed high block or either absurd life regen if you want. Blind is very strong indeed on flame totem.

I might try the leather and steel one with 300%life for myself once im just doing map only with party's, ill drop the fire dmg nodes then. Tho atm i can do both and kinda like it so far, hate to lose the ability to solo maps.

But keep me updated!
Last edited by expjah on Apr 27, 2014, 3:41:15 PM
Ok that question i was asking was stupid....a real Derp moment...Well as it held, a 5L dropped for me last night and i rolled 2 chroms on it and Bam got this :

So i mean the drop in armor hurt. But for now ill keep using it till i get another collection of Chroms
Last edited by Chirpyboy on Apr 27, 2014, 6:36:58 PM
Yea biggest problem I'm facing atm is getting enough int and dex to run gems. Will probably try to counter this by getting a different amulet, or maybe dex/int stat on helm.

Thinking about grabbing IR just because dex IIR items are so much cheaper then pure armor items.

Just got my first endgame ring

Pretty legit imo :p
>>>
IGN - TrolldAllDay

Scammers - @IamSuchAFatty - scammed 1 onslaught exalt for 2 hardcore
<<<
Last edited by twapper on Apr 28, 2014, 12:54:03 AM

Thanks for the Tip about the scepter, Got bout 200 dps on the totem from the switch.
"
IMKR wrote:
do u have to use maurader for this build?

You could play as Scion or Templar if you really wanted to. With a Templar you would have to spend quite a few extra points and a lot of them will be wasted on mana. If you really don't want to play Marauder I would recommend Scion. You just get a bit more life and life regen for a few more points.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info