[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

"
so I'm kinda confused...

When exactly do you run your magic find totem? Do you just put it out when a yellow is at low hp? how exactly do you go about using your 4L totem? Do you always put one 6L totem and one rarity totem?

Differs on the situation, but yes i drop down the cull totem at rares which isnt hard at all, i dislike swapping shield tho (for dominus its np). On bosses that have low hp i place my dps totem infront of my cull totem so when they target/hit my dps the cull totem hits everything too (works very good on bazaar bosses).

In party's its even more easy to drop down an totem for boss/invader/rares since they got more hp, with the 2400dps atm when i solo sometimes i get problems dropping it indeed, might drop some dps points for more defence.

"
Reavus85 wrote:
would it be worth sacrificing some health in order to use a fire Doryani's Invitation?

the 20-30% increased fire damage and 1% of Fire Damage Leeched as Life seem like they could be pretty useful (if the life leech works via fire totem)

Ive thought about it too and had an little talk with an atziri farmer i know, he said the belts were going for 15-17 ex if not more, RF chars might want them pretty bad ;)
And i guess yes they leech back life to the totems.

"
Why don't you pick up more block chance? Block is very good for mitigation, because you'd ignore a large amount of physical hits, regardless of how large the hit is. It could be made even more effective by using the Blind gem or even the Moonsorrow unique, so that you never get hit. Trade a dps gem for survivability.

Ive had some block nodes in my build before yet ive took some dps nodes just to make life even more easier since when u kill stuff faster there's also alot less chance ur likely to get hit.

Anyway ive thought about it abit and if i end up doing more partying (for MF Cull purposes, not dps) i could take abit more survivability.

This gives me around 15%more block chance, do you think it would be worth?:) I always wanted to get my life regen abit higher tho, might drop some dps points for regen later on.
Last edited by expjah on Apr 20, 2014, 8:50:41 PM
^^
Ingame @Hammarturken
Expjah, thanks for the response!

I'm a strong believer in the awesomeness of block chance, because of how it allows you to eat Dominus' Touch of God and stuff like that. Also, if you can afford Rainbowstrides (not as much of a tradeoff as they're quite good on their own right) or the ammy slot for Stone of Lazhwar (less awesome by itself, more for the spellblock, though the cast speed is a nifty bonus), you can become quite tanky against spells too.

I'd say you need block chance less in parties, more in solo. I mean to say, it's good no matter what, but in solo, you and your totems are getting targeted & hit by enemies attacks/spells. In a party, you've got your other party members who are also being targeted, so less attacks/spells are being directed to you.

I'd prioritize defensive nodes over offensive ones, unless you really need those offensive nodes to keep your damage competitive. I'm just starting to level a char for this build, he's around level 15 or so, so I haven't gotten to use flame totem at all yet.

One last question for now: when you have your rarity/culling totem and your main dps totem out at the same time, does your culling totem always successfully cull?
Hey, small question.
Yesterday i got my 6link (14 fuses /rnggod).
I see you picked added chaos damage as 6th link.

Have you tried out a (quality) added lightning? With the 10% shockchance of the gem, i wonder if the actual dps wouldn't be higher. (not on tooltip probably)

Was just wondering if you considered it/used it, since my currency is quite low atm, and i can only buy either a leveled added chaos or a leveled added lightning.

thanks!
"
Expjah, thanks for the response!

I'm a strong believer in the awesomeness of block chance, because of how it allows you to eat Dominus' Touch of God and stuff like that. Also, if you can afford Rainbowstrides (not as much of a tradeoff as they're quite good on their own right) or the ammy slot for Stone of Lazhwar (less awesome by itself, more for the spellblock, though the cast speed is a nifty bonus), you can become quite tanky against spells too.

I'd say you need block chance less in parties, more in solo. I mean to say, it's good no matter what, but in solo, you and your totems are getting targeted & hit by enemies attacks/spells. In a party, you've got your other party members who are also being targeted, so less attacks/spells are being directed to you.

I'd prioritize defensive nodes over offensive ones, unless you really need those offensive nodes to keep your damage competitive. I'm just starting to level a char for this build, he's around level 15 or so, so I haven't gotten to use flame totem at all yet.

One last question for now: when you have your rarity/culling totem and your main dps totem out at the same time, does your culling totem always successfully cull?

Few days ago ive taken few extra regen nodes and that upped me to 315life regen, so around 110life more an second, its definitely noticable.
Dropped some dps totem nodes for it, lost around 250dps (2180atm), but i might keep it since it feels really safe actually to have that 110 extra life regen.

If i play on playing in groups more for just MF purposes (would swap chaos/faster proj for iir/culling in 6L) i could prolly take the following build.

Culling works perfect, like as i said on bazaar the bosses will rush to my dmg totem while my culling is behind it, works like an charm.

"
unalacrima wrote:
Hey, small question.
Yesterday i got my 6link (14 fuses /rnggod).
I see you picked added chaos damage as 6th link.

Have you tried out a (quality) added lightning? With the 10% shockchance of the gem, i wonder if the actual dps wouldn't be higher. (not on tooltip probably)

Was just wondering if you considered it/used it, since my currency is quite low atm, and i can only buy either a leveled added chaos or a leveled added lightning.

thanks!

Nice gz :) i dindt test added lightning yet no, tho ive heard it isnt that good for shocking on flame totem since it has too less dmg to apply it, the shock woulnd last long enough.
Added Chaos gave me an ~800dps increase from 1630to2401 from 5L to 6L.

Chaos also doesnt get reflected which is also quite nice.
what do you think about the

im capped in resists with this gear
Spoiler

at level 62 didnt reach the scion tree yet... but i think will change a little bit of your tree
ill get ir and get the life nodes from duelist and ranger

right now im getting 620~ dps and shock stacking alot white mobs and from time to time the rare ones that have fire resist... but it seems to deal alot of damage even in merc
Last edited by warlockx on Apr 22, 2014, 3:16:42 PM
"
warlockx wrote:
what do you think about the

im capped in resists with this gear
Spoiler

at level 62 didnt reach the scion tree yet... but i think will change a little bit of your tree
ill get ir and get the life nodes from duelist and ranger

right now im getting 620~ dps and shock stacking alot white mobs and from time to time the rare ones that have fire resist... but it seems to deal alot of damage even in merc

For leveling its great, tho endgame i would rather wear an MF/armor/health/resist helm tho! but use whatever you like.
Props on the build. I respec'd my marauder into a flame totem build and I absolutely love it. I had the benefit of having plenty of currency to blow to get some decent gear and quality gems. Here's my set-up currently:

Finally got BBRRGG on the chest without spending too many chromatics. I wanted to try Iron Will, and it appears to add more DPS than fire penetration, though I've yet to test for any differences (and I want to get a 20/20 fire penetration, too). Next stop is to get a new helm and maybe try to fit in an Andvarius or two since my current IIR isn't too impressive.

Think my dps is around 2.1k or so at level 82 with current gem set up, and around 4.9k life/40% phys dmg reduction. Given the survivability I've had (barely die since respeccing), I may be able to spec out of some life/armor nodes and try and grab some more fire damage nodes near the witch.

Have you tested Iron Will vs. Fire Penetration? Although Iron Will seems to give more DPS, I'm not positive if it really is more effective than fire penetration.

Thanks again for the build. Great work
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
bump
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
"
comm_il_vec wrote:

Finally got BBRRGG on the chest without spending too many chromatics. I wanted to try Iron Will, and it appears to add more DPS than fire penetration, though I've yet to test for any differences (and I want to get a 20/20 fire penetration, too).

Fire Penetration gem doesnt affect Flame Totem(or any skill) toolpit dps numbers. So if you are looking only on toolpit then it may seem like Iron will is better since fire pen doesnt change the numbers.
But Fire Penetration gives a huge damage boost to any fire based skill. Probably more than any other support gem. You wont see it on toolpit but you should definatelly see it while killing mobs especially blue ones or those with fire/ele resists, or bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info