[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

"
nefczi wrote:
"
comm_il_vec wrote:

Finally got BBRRGG on the chest without spending too many chromatics. I wanted to try Iron Will, and it appears to add more DPS than fire penetration, though I've yet to test for any differences (and I want to get a 20/20 fire penetration, too).

Fire Penetration gem doesnt affect Flame Totem(or any skill) toolpit dps numbers. So if you are looking only on toolpit then it may seem like Iron will is better since fire pen doesnt change the numbers.
But Fire Penetration gives a huge damage boost to any fire based skill. Probably more than any other support gem. You wont see it on toolpit but you should definatelly see it while killing mobs especially blue ones or those with fire/ele resists, or bosses.

Makes sense, and I have seemed to notice that after making the switch. And it's especially important if the mobs are curse immune (negating flammability).
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
"
comm_il_vec wrote:
"
nefczi wrote:
"
comm_il_vec wrote:

Finally got BBRRGG on the chest without spending too many chromatics. I wanted to try Iron Will, and it appears to add more DPS than fire penetration, though I've yet to test for any differences (and I want to get a 20/20 fire penetration, too).

Fire Penetration gem doesnt affect Flame Totem(or any skill) toolpit dps numbers. So if you are looking only on toolpit then it may seem like Iron will is better since fire pen doesnt change the numbers.
But Fire Penetration gives a huge damage boost to any fire based skill. Probably more than any other support gem. You wont see it on toolpit but you should definatelly see it while killing mobs especially blue ones or those with fire/ele resists, or bosses.

Makes sense, and I have seemed to notice that after making the switch. And it's especially important if the mobs are curse immune (negating flammability).

Yup thats about it, ive tried iron will lvl 19 at some dominus kills with 2750+tooltip dps but it dindt feel faster then with fire pen, maybe even less fast!

Offtopic/update;
Been doing some maps with unhost/hvc ect and this is what my stats looked in an ele weakness map;

Spoiler

Felt pretty save with all the aura's, and i was only there for culling(switched gems chaos/FP for iir/culling), my hp regen of 315 is due to i dropped some totem dmg nodes .
Last edited by expjah on Apr 25, 2014, 5:39:16 AM
"
comm_il_vec wrote:
Props on the build. I respec'd my marauder into a flame totem build and I absolutely love it. I had the benefit of having plenty of currency to blow to get some decent gear and quality gems. Here's my set-up currently:

Finally got BBRRGG on the chest without spending too many chromatics. I wanted to try Iron Will, and it appears to add more DPS than fire penetration, though I've yet to test for any differences (and I want to get a 20/20 fire penetration, too). Next stop is to get a new helm and maybe try to fit in an Andvarius or two since my current IIR isn't too impressive.

Think my dps is around 2.1k or so at level 82 with current gem set up, and around 4.9k life/40% phys dmg reduction. Given the survivability I've had (barely die since respeccing), I may be able to spec out of some life/armor nodes and try and grab some more fire damage nodes near the witch.

Thanks again for the build. Great work

Nice chest man hope it all works out, your dps is already very nice (ive specced out of some dps points to get some more life regen and i am around 2140dps now and still able to solo 77's)

Guess you'll be doing some nice maps already :)
"
cosmomedk wrote:
Just did some minor changes, mainly swapping out some %ES nodes for more %Armor, also added 18% lightning res if needed, can be switched into an 8% hp node to the left of "Discipline and Training".

Its possible to play around with the build alot since some people dont require resistance when leveling and such. Take whatever you like it should actually not make such an big difference.

For soloing above spec might lack abit of dps without an 6L, even with an 6L it might be tad low i dindt spec this way yet, tho im running with 234% increased life atm so the 56% will add quite alot i reckon.
Leather and steel also is an real good addition, and you also wont have an dex/int problem most likely.

Last edited by expjah on Apr 26, 2014, 2:17:55 PM
Been loving the build so far for the most part. But hit Act 3 merc and my dps on fire resist mobs just tanked. Even with fire pen and Flamm, just doesnt seem to help enough to want to stick around to kill them. Got 5l atm tool tip only at 640 tho, gems 15. Should i just keep lvling and eventually when it hits 17+ things will get better? Or is there another trick.

"
Chirpyboy wrote:
Been loving the build so far for the most part. But hit Act 3 merc and my dps on fire resist mobs just tanked. Even with fire pen and Flamm, just doesnt seem to help enough to want to stick around to kill them. Got 5l atm tool tip only at 640 tho, gems 15. Should i just keep lvling and eventually when it hits 17+ things will get better? Or is there another trick.

Use added chaos damage instead of faster projectiles.
do u have to use maurader for this build?
Damn ok...Gonna have to pray to the Rng gods for that color roll

Sigh...30 chroms and didnt even get back to original colors...Lol and no im out. Guess i wont be playing this guy for a while haha
Last edited by Chirpyboy on Apr 26, 2014, 9:51:10 PM
why do you take shock nova with trap? any reason why?

Is it for the shock chance? so ur totems can do more dmg?

what if we go cold snap instead?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info