Crit Ele Split Ripper - Fastest map clearer? You decide! Up to 95 crit

OK def. my last try on you, since you don't read or understand what others worte. And you are only picking points you like, on these you post your oppinion, that is not even based on any facts or decent mechanics knowledge.

Acuity do not give mana pool besides the few int nodes, but the mana leech is instant and not limited by the leech cap of 12,5% (of the maximum mana)per sec. So they work like vaal pact for mana as well, maybe that helps you to understand my point.

So if you do not use these gloves to fire attacks that use a lot of mana per second you would need a super high mana pool (a good bit higher then the 700 you guessed) to get enough mana per sec to not fire blanks. You can also look at flubbys thread on the last pages he did a build without acuity and mana based, he had to use a lot of ES gear, Eldritch Battery and slower attackspeed to get the mana pool to make it work with regen and a bit of leech.

And I didn't insult you, you are posting stuff without sufficient knowledge and with no data to back them up. From some of your statements I am pretty sure you have not even played a windripper build to the 90s cause you would just know some more mechanics linked to elemental crit builds.
stuff like how leech works
the stats requirements of gems with or without empower
the mana pool size needed
how dmg on ele builds scales and where it comes from
and that BM gem is used in OP and my vaal pact version to get rid of the mana problem

If you had asked questions about these things or looked for a discussion on these topics, that would have been fine. But to say something is one way because it is just your oppinion, when there are clearly facts to show that you are wrong is just BS.
Last edited by low_Unam on Apr 10, 2015, 2:05:31 PM
Hi! I'm level 76 and I'm doing 9.7k dps and 2.6k HP. I have 12k dps with 5 power charges up.
Gear
Spoiler

My skill tree is simple; I went upwards towards the trickery and crit nodes near it, I obtained Acrobatics, took Ondar's Guile, and I'm on my way to take Vaal Pact... It seems to me that my dps is too low, and I'm only using a lvl 19 Anger and lvl 17 Wrath, am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I need answers, I really need help on my build!
Last edited by chokatocheeew on Apr 11, 2015, 11:37:32 PM
This is my current tree at level 86
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAF4DHgW1BiMKmwx9D6sQfxUgFr8ZihmOGbQajx9BIXYi6iP2JP0mlSoLKjgqTSzpMHEwfDWSNj051DpCPydBh0V8Sn1KyEtXS3hNklFHUzVVS1b6W69h4mVNZ6BsjG1sbqpvnm_ycFJ3B3fXeOt_K4LHgwmGzocTh3aMC4w2jX2Nv5eXm7WcpJ2qoJ-pbrQ4tUi18rc-uXy9Nr6nwOPBM8M6xp7KSsrT037UI9aK2L3dDd2o45_lGecK51To1uyw73rxs_Pq9tr56PsJ-_X8xf4K_94=

I had planned to take the 2 eva+life nodes on ranger start, then the remaining crit nodes on lethality and assasination, and then maybe the 6% life node on blood drinker or the attack speed nodes near vaal pact.

This is my current gear
Spoiler

I am using the belly because it dropped and it has perf life/resist rolls , but i'm wondering if a KAOMS would be better?
I am saving currency for Acuity and a good eva/life/trires chest is expensive, and to use lightning coil i would have to change some items and i don't want to use my currency on that for now.
If it matters i have a lvl 4 empower, maybe i could do something with that?
This are my current stats (no power charges/flask/vaal haste)
Spoiler
http://i.imgur.com/W7GAVec.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/ZZ5mFBe.jpg?1

Bandit rewards: Life-Attack Speed-Power Charge

I know that this build is more oriented to hardcore but i hate playing with less than 4-4.5k hp and no avoidance.
I would like to improve my DPS without loosing too much defenses.
(I know that dps is going to increase when some gems gets more lvl/Q, and that my jewelry is bad too)
One more thing, would a 23q herald be better than lvl 21?
PD: Sorry for my bad english, and for the text wall!Any help would be very much appreciated.
PD2: Don't laugh at my CWDT setup, im preparing for act IV! xD
Last edited by tkbowned on Apr 16, 2015, 2:07:23 AM
Thanks for everyone who posted trees and gear! I'm 93 with 30k GMP DPS (no charges/flask.)

It's a blast to play. 5 power charges from the first shot, and I don't have to care about mana. I only have 3.3k life, but with VP it's not a problem. If my bow was a 6L too I'd run a CoC cold snap setup there, as it's a stupid amount of fun and surprisingly good, even with my tree.

I wasted a few hundred chromes on trying to color my gloves for CoH elemental weakness, and gave up on that. It should only do anything against bosses anyway, because most mobs die without ever getting in range for HoT to curse them.

Tree:

Gear:
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrChalyps
How will the new patch effect this build, especially the:

"
All projectiles now behave like arrows. Multiple projectiles emitted at exactly the same time can no longer hit the same target. Their area of effect damage can still overlap, dealing damage to the same target multiple times. Many skills have received balance changes as a result. We now have far better ability to balance projectile skills because Multiple Projectiles support gems aren't absolutely mandatory any more. Many skills that we have previously been unable to create due the presence of projectile shotgunning are now possible. In addition, melee characters aren't at as much risk from monsters with multiple projectiles.

Will it still be a viable build?
"
Kyle1264x wrote:

Will it still be a viable build?

See http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1248617/page/3#p10494260:

"
Tornado Shot (and all other arrow skills) already have the non-shotgunning behaviour. This change will have no functional effect on Tornado Shot.

Unless they destroy crit with bows it should be fine in some form.
What is a good choice for single target damage? I'm currently leveling this guy and as it stands, will have a Tabula for the 6L Tornado Shot setup. I will use the Aura setups that are shown in the first page, but if I have a 6S5L Windripper, would it be better to go for:

-Single Target Damage Spell (something like Burning Arrow?)

Or

-Full Utility such as Vaal Haste-Vaal Grace-Increased Duration-Blood Magic-Blink Arrow + Portal?

Or

- Some type of skill with Culling Strike and IQ + IR Gems?

I did watch the videos mathil posted, but his gear is way ahead of what I could do, so may not be realistic for me to blow through everything with just TS, at least not for a while. Thanks, all.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Update:
Level 83 right now, I currently have 13.8k dps. My gear is as follows:
Spoiler

Skill Tree

I'm working on getting a 6L, in hopes of getting higher dps. I'm pretty happy with the build, other than my failed expectations due to not having a 6L. I expect that I'll reach what I'm looking for when I obtain a 6L. Thanks for the build! If I'm doing something wrong, please tell me what it is.
"
allsunsdawn wrote:
What is a good choice for single target damage? I'm currently leveling this guy and as it stands, will have a Tabula for the 6L Tornado Shot setup. I will use the Aura setups that are shown in the first page, but if I have a 6S5L Windripper, would it be better to go for:

-Single Target Damage Spell (something like Burning Arrow?)

Or

-Full Utility such as Vaal Haste-Vaal Grace-Increased Duration-Blood Magic-Blink Arrow + Portal?

Or

- Some type of skill with Culling Strike and IQ + IR Gems?

I did watch the videos mathil posted, but his gear is way ahead of what I could do, so may not be realistic for me to blow through everything with just TS, at least not for a while. Thanks, all.

Went for Option B. Actually kind of nice. 73 atm, shotgunning through and trying to level.

5 Power Charges gives ~12K DPS or so.

Got these waiting for me at 75 (can't swap out anything atm b/c of Resists):
Spoiler

Pretty excited to see how it turns out! And yeah... Ele Reflect sucks :)
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Apr 24, 2015, 12:53:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info