Elaboration on "Shotgun" Nerf? And How Does it Apply to Tornado Shot?

"
Tornado Shot (and all other arrow skills) already have the non-shotgunning behaviour. This change will have no functional effect on Tornado Shot.

Fuck yeah I called it bitchzzzzz

Thanks for the answer Daniel. Not only were you helpful but you also showed how smart I am.
I think it's because players associate the shotgun effect to "I hit a single target multiple times in a single strike". While TS does this, the "tornado" in TS isn't necessarily a single "strike" anymore; each will have their own separate "memory" (as Mark used this analogy in the Spark thread), and can thus hit a single target multiple times.

At least, this is my conclusion after reading the dev posts so far.

To be honest, I think the Incinerate users are the one who'll get screwed the most.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
They better buff the living hell out of Freezing Pulse. Spells are already in a shit place, especially that one. Removing the only thing that made it useful seems like a pretty dumb idea, unless they literally quadruple the base damage.

Not even then will be useful because the AoE will be incredibly small.
Last edited by nynyny on Apr 20, 2015, 6:51:58 AM
not sure where people are getting there information, but freeze pulse was able to do lvl 76 content with a lvl 1 freeze pulse because of shotgun and added damage gems. (crit variant)

I am pretty sure it will survive '-.-

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
does that mean flame totems just got destroyed?
How will tornado be nerfed then to prevent it from being so strong against single targets even if you use gmp?
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

From my understanding, yes.

It got Rektified.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

well, we dont know what the damage changes are to spells so we dont know how things got effected. It may be a case with flame tote, incin, fp etc that the spell will not doing enough single target damage if you use gmp to make its pack killing ability good but will do good single target if you dont multiproj it but you lose its pack slaughter style. To me that would be a good place to see spells end up but if thats even possible I dunno.

"
Antistes wrote:
How will tornado be nerfed then to prevent it from being so strong against single targets even if you use gmp?

why would any change need to happen to TS? This is a change to spells, nothing about this particular change requires any adjustment to attacks.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
why would any change need to happen to TS? This is a change to spells, nothing about this particular change requires any adjustment to attacks.

I was under the impression each source of secondary projectiles was able to hit the same target with one of the arrows if aimed correctly, which results in 6 times shotgun damage (the original piercing one plus gmp secondary projectiles), is that not the case?

"
Zed_ wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

I was under the impression each source of secondary projectiles was able to hit the same target with one of the arrows if aimed correctly, which results in 6 times shotgun damage (the original piercing one plus gmp secondary projectiles), is that not the case?

I dont think the secondaries from the one that originally hit can hit the same mob again now, I think thats a change they made shortly after release?

but largely yes thats the case, not sure how that changes my response to that post though?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info