Elaboration on "Shotgun" Nerf? And How Does it Apply to Tornado Shot?

Slightly off-topic question but does the shotgun change affect Chain?
Last edited by dEus__ on Apr 20, 2015, 8:08:41 AM
"
dEus__ wrote:
Slightly off-topic question but does the shotgun change affect Chain?

nope
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Zed_ wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
why would any change need to happen to TS? This is a change to spells, nothing about this particular change requires any adjustment to attacks.

I was under the impression each source of secondary projectiles was able to hit the same target with one of the arrows if aimed correctly, which results in 6 times shotgun damage (the original piercing one plus gmp secondary projectiles), is that not the case?

I dont think the secondaries from the one that originally hit can hit the same mob again now, I think thats a change they made shortly after release?

but largely yes thats the case, not sure how that changes my response to that post though?

I think he's just suggesting that TS' damage will just eclipse any other projectile skill in the game by being unaffected by this change and warrant a direct nerf, which may or may not be true.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
Soooo, removing all shotgunning. Except for TS and spark cause reasons. This is simple and makes sense. Did I get that right?
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
Soooo, removing all shotgunning. Except for TS and spark cause reasons. This is simple and makes sense. Did I get that right?

All arrow projectiles remain unchanged from what i understand. And spark is also effected by this change.
(so no :p, you did not get that right)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Tornado Shot (and all other arrow skills) already have the non-shotgunning behaviour. This change will have no functional effect on Tornado Shot.

the thing is tornado shot does shotgun and it is the problem with the skill and why it is so omnipotent and prevalent over any other bow skill at the moment. It has one of, if not , the best aoe clearing /coverage of any skill and due the shoitgun effect also the strongest single target dps. if YOu dont change it then it will be the only projectile skill that can shotgun (as compared to now the only bow skill ..).
Ingame @FlubbyEverywhere domination or @Flubbyy default
Massive dmg spectral throw guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/705757/
Old anarchy rich poeple specc: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/508331 (Flickercharge low life ele cleave)
Last edited by Flubby on Apr 20, 2015, 8:52:15 AM
To be fair, they said they're not going to change the indirect shotgun caused by TS.

What other changes (or lack of) they've done to TS remains undisclosed to us.

Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:

I think he's just suggesting that TS' damage will just eclipse any other projectile skill in the game by being unaffected by this change and warrant a direct nerf, which may or may not be true.

I guess, but I mean they dont really balance projectiles as a whole, its a bow skill and balanced against other bow skills, so if it gets nerfed or not will depend on how its working against other bow skills that are also not being effected by this change.

I dunno if u got my pm btw but Id sent one back, the gear linked didnt come through sadly but Id love to see it to get an idea of how the full build comes together if you got time to link it in a thread somewhere. I linked a post in the item cabinet you can throw it in if u got nowhere else, no one reads that forum or thread anyway so you can link whatever u like in the thread.

"
Flubby wrote:
"
Tornado Shot (and all other arrow skills) already have the non-shotgunning behaviour. This change will have no functional effect on Tornado Shot.

the thing is tornado shot does shotgun and it is the problem with the skill and why it is so omnipotent and prevalent over any other bow skill at the moment. It has one of, if not , the best aoe clearing /coverage of any skill and due the shoitgun effect also the strongest single target dps. if YOu dont change it then it will be the only projectile skill that can shotgun (as compared to now the only bow skill ..).

I honestly dont feel like its that much better against packs than chain split arrow or pierce ice shot, if the pack is tightly grouped sure it nukes them, if theyre slightly spread out chain split is going to be far quicker than firing multiple tornados.

If you gmp tornado it can shotgun, if you gmp lightning arrow it can shotgun, if you gmp ice shot even it can shotgun as far as I know, if you chain split arrow it can shotgun, so that last statement isnt actually true.
"
enveratise wrote:
To be fair, they said they're not going to change the indirect shotgun caused by TS.

ya, didnt they also say theyre making attacks have a multiplicative bonus to base damage as they level now too? TS already has this, so adding it to other bow attacks will make their damage increase while TS will be unaffected. I guess this is making attacks slightly more like spells, not really but a little nudge I guess to getting slightly more significant scaling with gem level and not just weapon strength alone.
"
Boem wrote:

All arrow projectiles remain unchanged from what i understand. And spark is also effected by this change.
(so no :p, you did not get that right)

Peace,

-Boem-

Thanks Boem, for some reason I thought spark was exempt.

"
enveratise wrote:

I understand they may balance TS with shotgunning in mind. My problem is the shotgunning is not indirect at all. From a coding stand point it may be but, in reality it is just add GMP and receive shotgun. Seems very strange to have one skill that shotguns (AOE + damage bonus of GMP) while all others receive an AOE bonus and damage nerf from GMP.
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Apr 20, 2015, 9:34:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info