Crit Ele Split Ripper - Fastest map clearer? You decide! Up to 95 crit

"
arcadius wrote:
Ok so I looked at my tree and it takes just 7 points to take blood magic and unvavering stance and I gain about 20 points from respeccing life nodes and some of other stat nodes so its doable without losing crit (gotta lose dodge which i just took) But what about ES? Main Es will come from shavs which not give a lot and you cant use shield to compensate. I would need to drop rats nest for alphas for anti freeze. Only way to gain ES is to get crazy crit/es rings and amu which propably will cost a LOT
And Blood rage gives only attack speed since you dont leech elem dmg with it. Is it really worth it? What about reflect, im killing myself already with ondars but without dodge
And also is it possible to drop blood magic gem since you have blood magic keystone and use life on hit instead of vitality and life reg for attacks? lgoh doesnt work with ghost reaver afaik

You could take evasion/energy shield nodes. There's a bit at shadow, and ranger. Rest of the points could be used in witch start for the rest of the Energy shield. I'm not saying it might be better, but it could be possible to do, even withou shavs chest.. Right?

Edit: A bit of tweaking in tree planner would look something like this for a hybrid build

http://poeurl.com/y4bRT5z
Last edited by Wrannec on Oct 28, 2014, 6:12:50 PM
I tried low life wander with solaris lorica and i had 400es shield, 300 es helmet and about 250 es on gloves and boots and was reaching only about 2.5k -3k ES so i think shavs is a must have if you want to get decent amount of es
"
arcadius wrote:
I tried low life wander with solaris lorica and i had 400es shield, 300 es helmet and about 250 es on gloves and boots and was reaching only about 2.5k -3k ES so i think shavs is a must have if you want to get decent amount of es

But who says it has to be lowlife? Why not just a hybrid build? Getting your surviveability from both life and energy shield :) It's just a thought, and if you want to reserve some life with a buff like one of the heralds, it would be possible i think
"
arcadius wrote:

Did you forget to take ES Nodes? With similar gear the low-life caster builds I've made were able to hit almost 7k ES by level 85 or so while using Solaris. You'll have to link your tree, because it sounds like you've made some serious mistakes there. As far as Windripper is concerned though, yeah you'll definitely want a Shav's, seeing as you miss out on a using a Shield, losing your chest as well is just too much.

"
arcadius wrote:
Ok so I looked at my tree and it takes just 7 points to take blood magic and unvavering stance and I gain about 20 points from respeccing life nodes and some of other stat nodes so its doable without losing crit (gotta lose dodge which i just took) But what about ES? Main Es will come from shavs which not give a lot and you cant use shield to compensate. I would need to drop rats nest for alphas for anti freeze. Only way to gain ES is to get crazy crit/es rings and amu which propably will cost a LOT
And Blood rage gives only attack speed since you dont leech elem dmg with it. Is it really worth it? What about reflect, im killing myself already with ondars but without dodge
And also is it possible to drop blood magic gem since you have blood magic keystone and use life on hit instead of vitality and life reg for attacks? lgoh doesnt work with ghost reaver afaik

You're going to want to slow down on the damage a bit. Mathil's build is life based and already doing more than enough damage to destroy everything, and he's using neither Rat's Nest nor Maligaro's.

In the end Rat's Nest only really makes sense for this build if you're into Magic Finding, since the +2 to the level of auras is a big buff to the damage of Wrath and Anger, and seeing as Auras make up the majority of your damage, that's going to work out much better than the Crit + Attack Speed that a Rat's Nest gives. The only thing you miss out on by not using Rat's Nest as Low-life is the Move Speed. It's easy to cap your crit using Windripper regardless of gear, and you get massive Attack Speed from Blood Rage, more than enough to justify its use. The amount of Attack Speed you get from a 20/20 Blood Rage as Low-life is just obscene.

In the end, Shav's, and extra 2-3 auras/buffs on your life, and a ton of Attack Speed more than make up for what you need to give up to make it work, don't try to combine the offensive benefits that the life version of the build can get with the one's the low-life version can get. You'll just end up with an underwhelming build that'll get 1-shot by everything. Some stuff works for both versions of the build, but others definitely do not.

I might even suggest Auxium + The Vertex as a better replacement for using an Alpha's Howl. Given that the Vertex still buffs your auras, but it also increases the level of your buffs like Herald of Ice, and should work out to a similar damage bonus, while still giving you a bunch of ES.

"
Wrannec wrote:
But who says it has to be lowlife? Why not just a hybrid build? Getting your surviveability from both life and energy shield :) It's just a thought, and if you want to reserve some life with a buff like one of the heralds, it would be possible i think

Hybrid builds have the potential to be a bit fun and interesting in some cases, but I don't think this is one of those cases. Getting ES on gear means you'll be using gear with no Evasion, that makes Ondar's Guile significantly worse, and it's one of the best passives on the tree not just for regular defense but for Reflect mitigation as well. The extra passives you'd need to invest to get a decent amount of ES would be better spent in getting Acrobatics, which just synergises with this sort of build better. In the end you'll get the best results by either going life-based, or full on Low-life, there isn't a whole amount of room for any middle ground.

Actually I've decided to show the math on why crit chance on gear isn't a real concern when using a Windripper, just to sort of show why items like Rat's Nest aren't really all that good for the build.

A Windripper can with a max roll have 10% crit chance. I'm going to use that max roll, mostly just because it lets you do all the needed math in your head. To hit the cap of a 95% Crit Chance you would need 950% Increased Critical Strike Chance from gear and passive. Which does sound like a lot, but with 5 Power Charges, which is easy to maintain, that number comes down to 700% Increased Critical Strike Chance to hit the Crit Cap, that number also sounds quite large. But the recent Bow buffs of 1.2 has made getting Crit as a Bow Build really easy, and both Mathil's tree and my tree hover around 500% Crit Chance, my tree is at 494% with the potential to, using just 3 more passive points go all the way up to a massive 554% Crit Chance.

If you factor in Assassin's Mark you can get to over 90% Crit Chance using only a Spike Point Quiver with a good Crit Chance roll, and absolutely no other Crit Gear with either Mathil's or my passive tree. It is genuinely possible to cap your Crit Chance as a Windripper user by using nothing but the Passive Tree + Power Charges(Although going that far is definitely not recommended, seeing as Crit Chance has diminishing returns, and Crit Multi's where it's really at.). So forget about Rat's Nest, if you're going to use any Crit based Unique, use Maligaro's, and use a more defensive helmet. But ultimately, Alpha's Howl is probably still the real winner.
Last edited by Shotgun_Surgeon on Oct 28, 2014, 9:06:35 PM
I've been gathering gear the last 2 weeks for a low life Windripper build. I just need the quiver and 1 ring now and expect it to be up and running in 1 or 2 days. I've never done an es build before or even a bow build, so I don't know what to expect. I might swing by here again if it turns out to not work very well.
I've been thinking about a full on low-life build using BM keystone and Mortal Conviction using a tree like this,

http://poeurl.com/y4cDOdI

I'm stumped however whether or not using CoE is worth it when the only source of spell damage increases are from the passive tree, which then leads me to think if Alpha's Howl will stifle the amount of ES I'll have if I don't use an ES helm. Also, I'm completely new to how Mortal Conviction LL builds sustain their attacks. I've calculated that in a 6L - Tornado Shot, GMP, WED, Crit Dmg, PCoC, Life Leech it will cost 46 life with a base mana cost of 10 at lvl 17-20 TS, so would the most efficient way of sustaining TS be running vitality, getting life regen from the tree, using a surgeon's life flask, or a combination of the 3 methods?

The auras I want to run would look like this http://bit.ly/1tfCoFS (i feel this is a bit greedy with only 144 life to use)

I'd like some advice and criticism on what helm to use, the sustainability of a 6L TS using the aforementioned methods, if I need to cut the amount of auras i need to run and my skill tree aswell as any other advice on things I didn't mention. Thanks :).
IGN: Houzuki_Sama
Last edited by NureruImouto on Oct 28, 2014, 9:46:37 PM
I don't have enough experience with a low-life version to really say what is best. But there's a few very big problems, and some good advice I can give all the same.

"
NureruImouto wrote:
I've been thinking about a full on low-life build using BM keystone and Mortal Conviction using a tree like this,

http://poeurl.com/y4cDOdI

Not even close to enough ES, I'm not sure which is the best thing to sacrifice for you, but something does need to go. with 26% ES, you might, if you're lucky get 2k ES if you're using Mirrored Gear. Shoot for 150% ES, it's pretty easy to achieve, and should put you up around 7-8k ES. Either way, I think you'll need to do some pretty major changes. Most low-life windripper builds are way out of date. So I'd just suggest looking at Low-Life Spectral Throw, and see how they do it, and adapt it to an Aura-based Ele Windripper build. Obviously putting a focus on Bows instead of Daggers, and accounting for the fact that you won't have a shield like they do.

"
NureruImouto wrote:
I'm stumped however whether or not using CoE is worth it when the only source of spell damage increases are from the passive tree, which then leads me to think if Alpha's Howl will stifle the amount of ES I'll have if I don't use an ES helm.

CoE's probably not worth it any more, at least not for this build. Use The Vertex instead, the +1 to the level of gems functions in a similar way to Alpha's Howl, but with the added benefit of being able to +1 the level of your Heralds as well, if you socket them into your helmet. In addition to that it's got a good amount of ES and Chaos Resistance, both of which are really great things to have, especially since you should be using Blood Rage, and if that's not enough, Vertex also has a good pile of Evasion, which is always a nice thing. It looks like you intend to use Empower in your helmet, if you do end up doing that, then +1 to Gems will be equally effective as +2 to Aura gems, due to how +1 to Gems interacts with Empower. If you don't use Empower, then it's still a really powerful helmet for a low-life build to use.

As for life concerns, you might just want to drop the Purity auras, and just use Purity of Elements instead, you'll probably need to just experiment and find what's most comfortable for you. I have no idea what the best method of sustaining your skills are when low-life because I don't have enough experience with the low-life Mortal Conviction way of playing(All my Low-life Characters have been mana based and were done pre-1.2).

EDIT:
The more I look at it, the more I think that the good ES Nodes and the good Bow Crit nodes are just too far away to also stretch all the way to Blood Magic, and Mortal Conviction. But I may be entirely wrong, it looks absurdly hard to pull off while using Mortal Conviction, but let me know how it turns out.
Last edited by Shotgun_Surgeon on Oct 29, 2014, 6:34:10 AM
Thanks Shotgun_Surgeon, real helpful info.
IGN: Houzuki_Sama
Im using Rats as a replacement of Haste aura which i had to drop after aura nodes nerf and it turned out pretty good. Also one of my goals was to cap crit chance without using power charges so i dont have to bother with volls, pcoc or anything like that.
I will try low life someday just gotta get that shav...
Shotgun_surgeon

Great input and really helpful info. And you're right with everything you said. It was just an idea i had, and wanted to ask you guys what you thought :)
Last edited by Wrannec on Oct 29, 2014, 6:35:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info