Crit Ele Split Ripper - Fastest map clearer? You decide! Up to 95 crit

your ranger build isn't optimized, you gain 3 more as if you pick up berserking close to vaal pact instead of the 3 as nodes in shadow area
ign: DreamsofIllusions
"
polo2005 wrote:
your ranger build isn't optimized, you gain 3 more as if you pick up berserking close to vaal pact instead of the 3 as nodes in shadow area

Good call. I'm so used to never being near berserking that I haven't taken it in forever. I'll make the change.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Does the 15% Increased Cold damage and 15% Increased Lightning damage from Q20 Heralds affect your total Cold / Light damage? or only the damage of the herald gem itself?
"
Does the 15% Increased Cold damage and 15% Increased Lightning damage from Q20 Heralds affect your total Cold / Light damage? or only the damage of the herald gem itself?

It affects your total cold/lightning damage.
"
Von_Douche wrote:

Honestly, I feel like I'm still shit at this game or something but I don't know. When pumping up quality on my herald of thunder I can see my dps going up quite substantially, as though it gives extra lightning damage on ALL my lightning damage. While giving herald of ice quality, I get like 0 dps and I have cold from other sources too so I really don't know what the shit is going on with those 2.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
pretty sure all gems quality are local. there isn't a single gem with global modifier on quality what i know off.

tempest shield quality is local as an example. See no reason why herald shouldn't follow the same logic.
ign: DreamsofIllusions
"
polo2005 wrote:
pretty sure all gems quality are local. there isn't a single gem with global modifier on quality what i know off.

tempest shield quality is local as an example. See no reason why herald shouldn't follow the same logic.

That's weird. I was sure the quality of Added Fire Damage also affected the flat damage of Herald of Fire, would be cool to have a GGG confirmation on this.

BTW, I respecced my shadow (lvl 90) to this spec and it's absolutely great. Here's the 107 point skill tree I'm using: http://poeurl.com/y3ZguyV

And gear:

Spoiler
Last edited by Von_Douche on Oct 26, 2014, 2:32:31 PM
"
Mathil wrote:
"
polo2005 wrote:

Good call. I'm so used to never being near berserking that I haven't taken it in forever. I'll make the change.

On a similar note, why are you using the Hired Killer life wheel? I see people do it a lot, but it's a woefully inefficient life wheel, even the Life/ES Hybrid wheel Written in Blood provides more life per passive point, as well as giving a bunch of ES as well. Just use those 3 points in the Scion Life Wheel, you'll get more life, and with Vaal Pact, you'll have a hard time actually noticing the Life on Kill that you miss out on.

"
Von_Douche wrote:

That's weird. I was sure the quality of Added Fire Damage also affected the flat damage of Herald of Fire, would be cool to have a GGG confirmation on this.

It does, at least in a sense, but it's still local.

It's a weird interaction that you basically need to already know to figure it out. But just like Support Gems are local to the skill they support, the quality is as well. So the Increased Fire Damage from the quality applies to all damage that the main skill does.

So if you were using it to support something like Molten Strike, then in the same way that the support gem applies to the physical damage from the weapon you use, it also applies to flat phys on gear, and the quality applies to all fire damage that the attack does. Meaning that the Increased Fire Damage will apply to the Fire Damage converted from Physical due to Molten Strike's mechanics as well as all Flat Fire Damage on gear, it'll also apply to the Added Fire Damage from the support gem, as well as the Added Fire Damage from Auras/Buffs like Herald of Ash. It will however not apply to the Fire Damage of any other attack that isn't supported by Added Fire Damage, and it won't apply to the Burning Damage caused by the Burn on Kill that Herald of Ash provides, since Added Fire Damage isn't supporting Herald of Ash itself, and just the Attack you are using, which is Molten Strike.

A 20% Added Fire Damage pretty much works like a 15% Increased Fire Damage passive which only effects the attack/spell it supports, but it does effect all damage that the skill does. The same general idea can be applied to the quality on all similar gems to figure out exactly what it is doing.

"
Mathil wrote:
Honestly, I feel like I'm still shit at this game or something but I don't know. When pumping up quality on my herald of thunder I can see my dps going up quite substantially, as though it gives extra lightning damage on ALL my lightning damage. While giving herald of ice quality, I get like 0 dps and I have cold from other sources too so I really don't know what the shit is going on with those 2.

That does seem strange, someone will have to post a screenshot of their tooltip DPS when using an equal level Herald of Thunder both with and without Quality, because I'm sure that it shouldn't work like that, and if it does, then it will be the only gem with that sort of behavior.
Last edited by Shotgun_Surgeon on Oct 26, 2014, 6:02:24 PM
Mathil whyyyyy

I've been saving up to buy a 6L windripper and now since your video they aren't selling them.

Well, some people are. But the prices they are asking for now are insane.
Last edited by LeglessCrab on Oct 28, 2014, 2:34:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info