Crit Ele Split Ripper - Fastest map clearer? You decide! Up to 95 crit

Build is officially updated for 1.2 and a video of it in action is ready.

77 Shrine with fast clear and discussion of build.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Mathil wrote:

Hey Mathil, how do you feel with killing Atziri and Uber with this build?
Will you make any vids?
As a Standard junkie I have a pair of Acuity, do I still need to go grab the EV + Life or can those 13 points be spent elsewere on the tree?

I was thinking about Blood Drinker and Written in blood clusters then some more damage/crit while going, what would you say?
IGN:
Jiaozy - Jiaozy[something]
"
"
Mathil wrote:

Hey Mathil, how do you feel with killing Atziri and Uber with this build?
Will you make any vids?

I'll probably do Atziri at some point and make a vid, yea. Uber in my current state wouldn't be possible I don't think but it's not worth the time/effort to even try anymore so I won't be bothering.

"
Jiaozy wrote:
As a Standard junkie I have a pair of Acuity, do I still need to go grab the EV + Life or can those 13 points be spent elsewere on the tree?

I was thinking about Blood Drinker and Written in blood clusters then some more damage/crit while going, what would you say?

Yea absolutely save those 13 pts. I'd grab shit like Written in Blood, Survavilist, Acuity, maybe even Acro. Up to you though, they're a pretty flexible 13 pts.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
hi i have a windripper with the colours GGGGR what could i put in there?
I haven't done any math but since aura nodes don't apply to the heralds for their damage. You think it's worth picking up charisma and influence? Those points might be better served into some projectile damage nodes as it would be affected your heralds then and not just 2 of your auras.
Nemesis ign = TransmisssionOrb
Yeah, have to agree with you about Windrippers being crazy cheap for the power they bring. I guess it's just that they lost their whole Flavour of the Month status at the end of Ambush, but they didn't get any real direct nerfs, so I picked one up as soon as I could afford it at the beginning of Rampage. Thanks to your cheap CoC Dagger Spec, I was able to do that pretty quickly, and on a nice budget.

Although it looks like you're doing enough damage(And way more than I thought possible, when I planned a similar build I was expecting maybe 25-30k dps with Power Charges, not 40k), you can do the same thing I did in my Windripper CoC spec and use the extra 5/6L that the bow provides for a crazy Frenzy + Curse on Hit set-up. I was able to get my Windripper CoC spec up around 5 attacks/second and was instantly hitting 6 Power and 5 Frenzy Charges, and double cursing with Assassin's Mark + Elemental Weakness thanks to Windscream. Using all of the above is almost certainly overkill. But if you use a single curse + PCoC in a 5L Windripper you can look into using a different chest for a more defensive version of the build, or even just make the build more offensive than it already is. It might be worth some testing at any rate.

Either way Frenzy Charges may be the answer to further push the Clear Speed of this build, and looking at the gear you linked, you should have the room to pull it off. Plus this set-up is just endless amounts of fun, and gives you the flexibility to scale either your defensive or offensive options by quite a bit, just by swapping around which support and curse(s) you choose to use:

"
Ultimative wrote:
I haven't done any math but since aura nodes don't apply to the heralds for their damage. You think it's worth picking up charisma and influence? Those points might be better served into some projectile damage nodes as it would be affected your heralds then and not just 2 of your auras.

The Aura Effect is a nice damage bonus, but in the end the Reduced Reserve is pretty mandatory just to be able to sustain everything, and once you grab the aura reserve nodes, all the aura effect nodes are so close by that you might as well get them as well. Although when levelling, getting the dedicated aura effect nodes like Influence might be a lower priority than something like the crit nodes, in the end it's probably a good idea to get both once you're a high enough level to do it.

Last edited by Shotgun_Surgeon on Oct 25, 2014, 1:37:13 AM
hey mathil spec looks awesome just had a few minor suggestions that may improve the tree,
if u drop the accuracy nodes / resist hybrid nodes below the ranger u can pick up the crit/accuracy nodes beside the shadow, (drop the 8% projectile damage node?) and also opens up a possible 6/8/6 life cluster
What's this got to do with windripper? From what i see all the damage comes from auras + tornado shot, pretty sure you can smack this on any ele harbinger and get better results.

Yes it provides rarity etc but you titled the topic "fastest" clear speed, pretty sure you can get 5L harbinger for 2-3ex and get better results
Last edited by forzazx6 on Oct 25, 2014, 3:50:42 AM
"
forzazx6 wrote:
What's this got to do with windripper? From what i see all the damage comes from auras + tornado shot, pretty sure you can smack this on any ele harbinger and get better results.

Yes it provides rarity etc but you titled the topic "fastest" clear speed, pretty sure you can get 5L harbinger for 2-3ex and get better results

harbringer really lacks the attack speed that a windripper uses to its advantage, the 0.3 extra base attack speed with similar crit value's is extremly valuable

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info